Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2012 4:05:54 AM EDT
Getting OC'd with the MP's this afternoon. Never been sprayed before. Any advice? I know it's gonna suck
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:07:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Try not to think it's going to be OK
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:11:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Dawn dishwashing liquid and water....scrub and repeat....asap
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:11:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Johnson's Baby Shampoo.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#4]
If 'don't' is a viable option, I'd go with that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:39:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Close your eyes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#6]
no, keep your eyes open and don't blink for as long as you can, it will delay the effect.
go to the bathroom before hand so you don't have to touch your junk anytime soon.
DONT TOUCH YOUR JUNK WHEN YOU PEE!!
they will decontaminate you, you will feel the worst is over with...when you shower that night hold
your head away from your body when you wash your hair. water will reactivate the OC and if you DONT
hold your head away from your body, gravity will make you its bitch
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If 'don't' is a viable option, I'd go with that.

yea, volunteer for the taser instead
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
no, keep your eyes open and don't blink for as long as you can, it will delay the effect.
go to the bathroom before hand so you don't have to touch your junk anytime soon.
they will decontaminate you, you will feel the worst is over with...when you shower that night hold
your head away from your body when you wash your hair. water will reactivate the OC and if you DONT

Did this after I went through the CS chamber in Basic Training. Bad mistake

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Scrub everything really well when your in the shower. Hair, ears, eyes (especially eyebrows and eyelashes). Once you think you've scrubbed enough....do it some more. It sucks to be at lunch and have that sh** reactivate.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Have massive quantities of cold beer at home.

Beer and standing in front of the A/C vent were the only thing that helped me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Prepare for vast amounts of snot.  

Be sure someone that knows CPR is available, and an AED is on site.  Bad things have happened.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There is nothing in the world like having OC deploy in your car and get into your AC vents.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 9:10:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Stand straight up when you shower
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Fight to keep your eyes open as much as possible after you are sprayed. Even if you have to use your fingers to force your eyes open, make it happen. Air is your friend.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was sitting at the local MP haunt at 2200 that night, double fisting two bottles of beer. drinking one, and holding the other one on my what felt to be sunburned face.

Found out I'm REALLY sensitive to the shit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
well, that shit sucked. worst pain ever. got sprayed at 1245 and it sturn burns a bit. the corpsman we had on hand was a bit freaked out. his words were "fuck all that".lucky for him, no one passed out, although a few looked like they wanted to.

already showered and had the reactivation. next stop is on to the store to get beer.

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was sitting at the local MP haunt at 2200 that night, double fisting two bottles of beer. drinking one, and holding the other one on my what felt to be sunburned face.

Found out I'm REALLY sensitive to the shit.

Same, I'm white as rice and OC kills me. I'd take the tazer any day over OC.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Make sure your as clean shaven as possible.

Just kidding, stop shaving. Don't shave I'll day after hit. Don't shave as long as possiblr(48h) before
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh, and blow your nose as much as you can. You will enjoy clean sinuses for a little while after And nobody will think twice at you cleaning your sinuses out
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
well, that shit sucked. worst pain ever. got sprayed at 1245 and it sturn burns a bit. the corpsman we had on hand was a bit freaked out. his words were "fuck all that".lucky for him, no one passed out, although a few looked like they wanted to.

already showered and had the reactivation. next stop is on to the store to get beer.

Fuck OC
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Freeze +P is your friend.....

Just googled that... Fuck that!
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Is it ok to use eyedrops? My shits still burning over 7 hours later now
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

When we got hit last month, we didn't recover for two fucking days.... Seriously.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When we got hit last month, we didn't recover for two fucking days.... Seriously.

yeah they said dont plan anything for the weekend. those of us that got hit with fresh new cans had it a lot worse then those that got the older partial used cans.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Getting OC'd with the MP's this afternoon. Never been sprayed before. Any advice? I know it's gonna suck

it's never too late to be a hose dragger?

Nothing helps.  Milk does not help. Do not let it get to your winky, everything else is secondary.
Link Posted: 8/10/2012 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing helps.  Milk does not help. Do not let it get to your winky, everything else is secondary.

Or, god forbid, the other side.

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Bah, listen to none of this.  Rub your junk vigorously right after being sprayed.  Then go home and have sex with your lady.  Trust me.

Link Posted: 8/10/2012 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

When I took a shower, I stretched a rubber glove over mydick and balls, just in case.... It worked.
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

When I took a shower, I stretched a rubber glove over mydick and balls, just in case.... It worked.

Link Posted: 9/7/2012 4:39:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It was awesome, my dick looked like a turkey.
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Just to build on this-

After showering (especially the first time) be very careful what you do with the towel that you use. I made that mistake during the Academy, and probably stands as the dumbest thing I ever did

Link Posted: 9/7/2012 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm about to get OC'd next week. After watching my other team mates vid's I'll just run and scream like a little girl on my way to the water & cuss like a sailor!  
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bah, listen to none of this.  Rub your junk vigorously right after being sprayed.  Then go home and have sex with your lady.  Trust me.

The advice I was given was .  "The best way to clear it up, super hot shower after (Heat breaks it down)  Use Lava or GoJo soap and your  woman's Loofah to really scrub it off...."

Another guy I worked with told me "Cold water, baby shampoo, wash, rinse  repeat"

Oh and Freeze +P is the Devil's money shot....  Saber Red hurts and sucks,  Freeze +P was worst then seeing my Ex Wife's grandma naked that one time.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Memries,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories

hearin someone say "taser taser taser" is so much better than hearing, "oc oc oc"
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Full blast Crown Vic AC- 3 inches away from the vent SEEMED to help me the most... well, after several rounds of soap and water.  It was still burned about 4 hours later, and tingled into the next day.

You'll never forget the experience!
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Memries,

http://i47.tinypic.com/1039xtc.jpg

hearin someone say "taser taser taser" is so much better than hearing, "oc oc oc"

Pepper foam?! F that and a bag of potato chips.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Meh, I put that shit on my chili.  One of the few that is not effected by it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Jail School starts next week for two weeks...and on one of those days is the OC cert class.
I've watched a few of my team mates videos and they all scream in memory.  
Hell I might even take a preemptive strike & protect 'Lefty & the Twins' w/ a rubber glove before the OC'ing.  

Yea me
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Survived the Fox 5.3...sucked at the time for about an hour.  
We'll see how the shower goes tonight.

7mm
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I've been sprayed so many times in the last 25 years, it's all relative now.
1st time was ugly, since then it's been direct shots, side shots, collateral damage during bar fights from rookies who don't know where to spray, etc, etc.

But the good thing is, I have clean sinuses for a few days, and as I have no hair anyway, what the heck.
It makes for good stories and laughs in the squad room, and it wears off relatively quick.

Now, a Taser, ya'll can have that damn thing.
Once was enough.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Opening my eyes after I got sprayed was worse than getting shot.

I'll take getting tased any day over that shit. It really is the devil's work as far as I'm concerned. I had to be led into the showers by my academy director and stood there fully clothed (we got sprayed in PT gear) in the shower at about a 60 degree angle sideways to the water just letting it run off my face and after 5-10 minutes, I started prying my eyes open and letting the water run across my eyes too. When I came out a good 30 minutes later, I felt good and just had a bad sunburn feeling on the sides of my face and my ears.

Two days later I figured it was all off of me (four showers and all that time since exposure), and headed over to my buddy's house to BS around since it was his last day shift before switching back to nights two days later. We were watching stand-up on TV and I started laughing really hard at something the comic said and my eyes teared up. Next thing I knew I had on sunglasses and was humming "Isn't She Lovely", because just like Stevie... I couldn't see shit. Everybody in the room had been OC'd before and they were all laughing at me knocking stuff off shelves trying to feel my way into the kitchen to get paper towels to dry my eyes with to make the burning stop.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

LMFAO
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 7:04:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sucks getting sprayed.

It's amazing the shit that comes out of your face afterward, though.

I was afraid to wipe my ass or touch my dick for about a day.  I learned all kinds of remedies to supposedly help... after it was too late to do any good.

I think everybody should do it once.  Never been tasered, but I'm told it's definitely interesting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Memries,

http://i47.tinypic.com/1039xtc.jpg

Awesome pic! You can see the guys in the reflection after their ordeal, but this guy is just getting started.

Any idea of what OC spray that is?

Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:01:27 AM EDT
[#46]
i finally 9after being sprayed 6 times) figured out how to minimize re-activation

after they finally let you leave go home, go straight home, do not go anywhere else, go home,,

grab a huge bottle of dawn dish detergent
go to your bathtub
fill your bathtub as full as it gets with warm (as you can stand) water
when its half full pour in 2 to 4 cups of dawn
agitate to mix
when tub is full get in and submerge yourself
stay under water as much as possible laying on your back
after 10 minutes begin agitating the water near your face
make sure the the water is moving over your face and allowing the dawn to do it magic
after 10 minutes of this grab a washcloth and drench it with baby shampoo
wash your face under water
lay in a little longer, (your choice at this point) moving the water over your face to rinse

pull plug, let tub drain, spray out all the residue
take a shower like normal

i did this, no reactivation at all, went out and played with my kids and rode bikes, sweating like a mad man, no issues
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Ivory liquid soap or baby shampoo. Wash your whole head three or four times with the stuff and cool running water. This will get the bulk of it off the surface. Then go with hot (as much you can stand) water. This opens the pores and gets the stuff out of the skin. And for your eyes, take a small wash basin and fill with cool water. Imerse your face and pry your eyes open and roll your eyes up and down and side to side. This will get the small specks of oc off your eyes and inner eyelids. Then dump the basin, rinse and refill. Do this last part three or four times to clear out your eyes.

My entire class did this. Four or five guys worked the decon area while the rest of us got sprayed and by the time everyone else was sprayed and it was their turn, there was enough of us recovered to staff the decon station.

My time to "feeling better" was about 15 minutes including the decon time. Prior to decon, I was totaly blind, I couldn't even pry my eyes open 1 minute after being sprayed.

We got hit with Capstun, which was rated at 5.5 million. This was 10 years ago, and I still get scared when I hear someone behind me yell "SPRAY"

If you could bottle pure evil, it would come out like OC spray...

Some of my favorite nicknames for OC:

Liquid evil
Karate in a can
Instant partner
Kung Fu spray
The 4oz. demon
and of course "The original can o' whoopass"
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#48]
It gets easier the more you are exposed to it. Ive been hit with it at least 25+ times now and it still sucks but not as bad. The first time though I would have rather shattered my leg again than go through that. It's evil stuff, but effective. My partners hate when I OC guys when they are around or we are fighting
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I leave for training next week and have to get OC'd and tasered again as well.  Looking forward to the training, but the OC - not so much!
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#50]
My OC experience was like anywone elses.  Baby shampoo rubbed in the eyes helped a great deal.  I recovered quickly and would prefer oc to tazer personally.  I do remember dealing w 2 drunks who were oc'd by a bar security guard and then taking a piss not thinking about possible contamination.  It was a shit hole bar.  After I walked out of the bathroom my dick slowly began to burn.  As the intensity grew I thought I just caught some sort of VD and my wife is going to think I'm cheating on her.  Then I realized it was oc on my pecker and I felt better.  My dick still hurt, but at least I wasn't going to be living out of my truck at the back of the sub station.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top