Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 12:55:32 PM EDT
My heartfelt condolences to the officer's family.  

Does anyone know what type of weapon was involved?  The media reports that it was a "45 caliber pistol" which was dropped from a holster.  The impact to the hammer caused the AD.  Most modern autos have a firing pin block that should stop any possiblity of an accidental discharge.

Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
bummer!  my prayers too
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what type of firearm it was but some links to news stories about this incident that I saw over on www.thefiringline.com said the officer was walking through a parking lot at the station with his pistol in his hand.  I can't confirm that though.  Anyway it sucks that he had to die.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 3:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
This, in my view would be a legitimate reason for a lawsuit against a manufacturer.  Their is NO excuse for a gun to fire when dropped.  I carry a Sig P228 sometimes and would stop if a Sig was involved in this horrible incident.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:59:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, before I would say lawsuit I would have to know all the full details of what really happened, what type of firearm he had, did he modify it anyway that made it unsafe, etc.  Alot of factors to consider before lawsuit is even mentioned.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top