Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 8:54:19 PM EDT
Would having one arrest(I got into a fist fight when I was 15) as a juvinile bar me from becoming a police officer? Also, If I have a few points on my driving record at the time of application(NO DUI or DWI) will that be harmful to my joining?I have been 100% drug free all my life and no adult criminal record.
Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Were you just arrested or convicted of some crime?
NO, it shouldn't unless you used a weapon or the guy got hurt real bad it really depends on what you did after the incident like how long ago did it happen, and if nothing else similar happened after. Just explain it to your background investigator and it shouldn't be a problem everyone has got into a fight before and no one has a perfect record
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Were you just arrested or convicted of some crime?
NO, it shouldn't unless you used a weapon or the guy got hurt real bad it really depends on what you did after the incident like how long ago did it happen, and if nothing else similar happened after. Just explain it to your background investigator and it shouldn't be a problem everyone has got into a fight before and no one has a perfect record
View Quote

In the state of MD where the arrest took place there as no admission of guilt in juvenile court. Although I was found guilty in the juvenile court.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be fine. A fight as a juvenile would not disqualify you here.

Good luck
tnrifleman.

Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If it was a simple fight no problem. If a weapon
was involved or it was agggrivated it could be.
The driving record could slow you down too.
how many tickets? what for? dpets dont like
paying out for accidents. Good   luck and stay safe.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Heck, I know of someone who was arrested for Domestic Violence and was still hired. To top that off, his FTO was the Officer who arrested him. [:0]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Heck, I know of someone who was arrested for Domestic Violence and was still hired. To top that off, his FTO was the Officer who arrested him. [:o]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Heck, I know of someone who was arrested for Domestic Violence and was still hired. To top that off, his FTO was the Officer who arrested him. [:o]
View Quote

The question is,if he was convicted or not?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had a DUI as an LEO and am fixing to be hired by another agency.  Articulation is the key.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks like there is hope for me, I sure would like to relocate to WA
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Answer-no
reason-politics  
[whacko]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top