Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 4:04:57 PM EDT
I'm in the process of filing for the USDOJ Public Safety Officers' Benefits program:

https://www.bja.gov/ProgramDetails.aspx?Program_ID=78

Would any of you Cops, Fire, EMTs know of anybody who filed under the Disability chapter, and were successful?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Talks more about a LODD than anything. I am guessing that isn't your case

What is "catastrophically injured"?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
March 24, 2004, I blew out the two lowest discs in my spine while #1 thru the door performing a cell extraction on a dangerous inmate.  Two man cell, human battering ram, became a heap between the welded iron bunk and the combination basin/commode.  Two deputies tried to go over top of me to put hands on the inmate, while I was trying to maintain control of the Taser.  450lbs on my upper back, while crunched over at a bad angle, half deflated L5/L6, L6/S1 was herniated from the tip of my thumb to the first joint.   Had a double vertebra spinal fusion, unsuccessful, keep doping me up to kill the pain is all they can do.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My lawyer is doing all that work for me so I can't really help you with that.  Keep asking around in your area, someone should know or get a lawyer that works with PSO's to help guide.  They're out there but I had to ask a few times to get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top