Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2002 5:12:39 AM EDT
I've put in a few app's with CA LE agencies, mostly Bay Area PD's and SO's - I'm considering a relocation from Utah.  (I currently do the job here).  Basically looking for a little more $$$ and job satisfaction.  Would appreciate any info (positive/negative)on jobs, locales, dept's, salaries, etc. that you CA LE types can give me.  Thanks in advance . . .
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Check yer mail...
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 9:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Go with a department that has the "3%@50" retirement deal.

Go with a department that pays awesome and the city loves them....like Santa Ana, CA in Ornage county.  I believe they are the highest paid in the state now....$7,200 or 7,400 dollars per month, with the city paying their retirement!

Plus, they are on a 3/12 schedule.  You can't get any better than that.  Plus, the city has an "L.A. style ghetto", where it's a blast to work and nice areas too.  Big department with brand new multi million dollar facility, all of your equipement is issued to you new, new vehicles etc.....

I wish I worked for them.  I work for L.A. Sheriff and it's going down hill with our piece of crap politically correct looser/corrupt sheriff!

Thank God he has to worry about his job every 4 years.  I hope he looses the next election.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Avoid the Bay Area. The cost of living is too high and it's very PC. The Average Home in the San Jose/ San Francisco area is in the $500,000+ range.  Rent is $1000+ for a 1 bedroom apartment.  
I got out of LE because I got tired of fighting the PC crap, CA has a revolving door system. No sooner have you booked the person and they're back on the street.   If you decide you really want to move here some of the better departments are:

Sunnyvale DPS( Highest paying)
Santa Clara PD
Santa Clara SO
San Jose PD
Los Gatos PD
Palo Alto PD
Menlo Park PD
Gilroy PD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top