Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2002 6:20:22 AM EDT
Has anyone ever been on a call and smack dab in the middle of everything realize you know the person from 10 or 20 years back?

I recently went on a call and met a lady I served in the Army with back in 1986/87 in Florida.  Just this past weekend, I went on a call and met an old friend from 1978 that I used to "hand around with" in Florida when I was about 15 or so!!

Link Posted: 7/2/2002 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have and luckily the times Ive encountered these folks its been on favorable terms.

Once I went on a call and there was a guy barracaded in a bathroom with a knife.  Im talking to the guy through the closed bathroom door and am trying to talk him into coming out without the knife.  It was getting bad and started to sound like he was going to come out of the room with the knife and charge us with it, suicide by cop style.  We were getting ready to back out and call SWAT if we could get out of there before he exited the bathroom.

While Im talking to him (and getting ready to get out) WE realized we were actually friends from high school and knew each other from way back!  Luckily I was able to calm him and convince him he didnt really want to die or atleast not to make his old friend kill him and have to live with that.  He put the knife down and came out without incident.  

He got the help he needed and Ive run into him a few times since.  I think we are both glad I happend to be on that particular call and it worked out the way it did.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#2]
everytime I run into an old girlfriend she seems to have gained 20 or 30 lbs. LOL!

It's pretty embarassing, when some fat girl starts flirting with me while I'm working and when the other guys on the call ask how you know them, you gotta tell 'em she was an old girlfriend, "but she used to look alot better."

yeahhh right, they never believe you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top