Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 11:57:58 AM EDT
I have a couple of old Gamewell fire callboxes and some old brass nozzles. Are these worth anything or should I just scrap them? I collect old police stuff but not sure about this. Note to mods this is not an ad! Just trying to find out from our big red truck brothers if this is treasure or turds.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up an old alarm box from a guy who dropped in at the firehouse to see if anyone was interested. Price was right. You might consider taking some pics and print them up to post on a station wall. Drop in on a couple of firehouses and introduce yourself.

FWIW I paid $100 for a complete box. May be a steal or too much. I couldn't tell you. Seemed fair to me. About 10 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
its just a bunch of scrap.....send them to me and I will dispose of them for you  

you could get a lot for them if they're in good shape.....good luck
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 2:43:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I dont know what they go for but I would take a gamewell to hang on the wall in our firehouse. I think it would look neat
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Any fire museums nearby? I'll bet they would gladly take them. Ours is so full of fire crap you can barely walk through.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Im trying to collect stuff to place around my bar. I have a collection of items that I have amassed over the years but am always looking for new stuff.

What I really want to do is find some old fire alarm pull switches. I want to take them and wire them in as my light switches for the bar. I think that would be a cool addition.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Im trying to collect stuff to place around my bar. I have a collection of items that I have amassed over the years but am always looking for new stuff.

What I really want to do is find some old fire alarm pull switches. I want to take them and wire them in as my light switches for the bar. I think that would be a cool addition.

I have a pull switch that i'm trying to turn into my rooms light switch! Haven't had the time to figure out the wiring tho..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top