BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/15/2011 10:49:19 PM EDT
What do the arfcops think about LEAP?

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
http://www.leap.cc/

I feel these are the guys that make the best argument for a change in policy.

ETCTTT: (Edit To Change The Thread Title)

Sorry for the confusion over the title guys.

Link Posted: 9/15/2011 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought we were going to talk about the Federal Pay percentage.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#2]
BTDT, got the t-shirt
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BTDT, got the t-shirt

Bravo!
Link Posted: 9/16/2011 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I thought we were going to talk about the Federal Pay percentage.....

Me, too.  I was going to say that LEAP is better than AUO for the most part, but there's always the exceptions to the rule.
-SS
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You have to at least admit that they have balls.

I think that the work that they are doing will go a long way toward restoring the public's faith in LEOs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Drugs will be the downfall of the US.  You want to know what will happen if you legalize drugs?  Go look at areas where drug use is rampant and legal or at least not heavily restricted.  Go to Afghanistan....see how legal drugs work out for them.  

If you are going to legalize current illegal drugs, you MUST remove the government from the health insurance business and MUST allow private insurance agencies to drop drug users because if illegal drugs are legalized, you are going to have a massive health problem in drug users.

Since that's not going to happen, drugs will remain illegal.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 4:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think that the work that they are doing will go a long way toward restoring the public's faith in LEOs.

What part of the public? The stoners? Tweakers? Maybe the crackheads? I could really care less about their faith in law enforcement.

Its the opinion of the law abiding hard working citizens that I care about, and they already support us.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part of the public? The stoners? Tweakers? Maybe the crackheads? I could really care less about their faith in law enforcement.

Its the opinion of the law abiding hard working citizens that I care about, and they already support us.

Well said.  

Fuck the dopers.  I don't give a damn about their opinion of me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 6:16:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Drugs will be the downfall of the US.  You want to know what will happen if you legalize drugs?  Go look at areas where drug use is rampant and legal or at least not heavily restricted.  Go to Afghanistan....see how legal drugs work out for them.  ............

This. What do I see if drugs are legalized.......something like Starbucks, where it is massive amounts of money for a simple cup of coffee........and people are hooked on that! They are hooked in that they go there, they are hooked on that snackbars toss out their regular coffee makers and only offer the very expensive such.

For whatever reason, that happens............now, consider if the market device has something that is very addictive. What do you have then?.........to say nothing about certain types who might use drugs as a means as ethnic cleansing over a long period.

Secondly, in a long list of reasons, IMHO, when one takes something from being criminal and turns it into administrative law, the crime doesn't necessarily stop but they make it a lot harder to correct the wrong doing. What's the difference between a sweat shop and human trafficking? The former exists in administrative law and needs it the associated agency to work against it while the latter can be addressed immediately by any LE agency (nutshell).  

Further, one of the ways to detect, work against an organization is to see if there is a drug trail or access point. Drugs make a nice currency, criminally speaking. But decriminalize them and one has just taken a nice tool box of LE away. Now this point may seem to some as using something to oppress or work against the populace.......but I'm willing to risk that.

In the 60's, the tagline was that using drugs was foolish, why do you think they call it dope. I say legalizing them is on the same line.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Drugs will be the downfall of the US.  You want to know what will happen if you legalize drugs?  Go look at areas where drug use is rampant and legal or at least not heavily restricted.  Go to Afghanistan....see how legal drugs work out for them.  

If you are going to legalize current illegal drugs, you MUST remove the government from the health insurance business and MUST allow private insurance agencies to drop drug users because if illegal drugs are legalized, you are going to have a massive health problem in drug users.

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Third world shit holes like Afghanistan problem is not drugs.  There society simply does not value human life, progressive thinking, or innovation.  The reason they are wallowing in there own shit since the dawn of time is because of tribal societal norms that make for a stagnate culture in terms of  social mobility and innovation, mix radical Islam and you have the end result of a backwards ass culture that is fanatical about keeping there life style the way it has been for eons.  Smoking hash is not Afghanistan's problem.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I would like to add that I do not use drugs and don't advocate for the use of them.  (I don't even take aspirin)

I am also pro-LEO.  That's why i support LEAP.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are talking about.  Third world shit holes like Afghanistan problem is not drugs.  There society simply does not value human life, progressive thinking, or innovation.  The reason they are wallowing in there own shit since the dawn of time is because of tribal societal norms that make for a stagnate culture in terms of  social mobility and innovation, mix radical Islam and you have the end result of a backwards ass culture that is fanatical about keeping there life style the way it has been for eons.  Smoking hash is not Afghanistan's problem.

It certainly isn't helping their situation.
I don't recall seeing you say you've ever been there or have any first-hand knowledge of their drug problems?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't know anything about the organization you noted, but I support a partial legalization/decriminalization for some drugs.  Meth of course is the glaring exception.  It is so destructive, esp. in the county I work in.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever interviewed a crackhead after he broke into a house, or robbed somebody, or just went on a rampage because of some bad 'cool pops'?

Drugs, especially hard ones (cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin), if legalized, would tear this nation apart. The physiological hold they have over the human body makes people willing to do things for a fix that are way beyond social norms, or even beyond basic survival instinct.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've spent time in Afghanistan.  Have you?

I know exactly what I'm talking about.  Drug use is certainly not Afghanistan's only problem.  Never said that it was.  Reading is fundamental.  It is a BIG problem in their society though.  You have to go there to see the effects since you don't believe me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the WOD does much more harm than good.   Look at Mexico.  Gang bangers and drug cartels are a direct result of the illegal market place that is created by prohibition.  

Drug abuse is a social problem, not a criminal one.

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think the WOD does much more harm than good.   Look at Mexico.  Gang bangers and drug cartels are a direct result of the illegal market place that is created by prohibition.  

Drug abuse is a social problem, not a criminal one.

If they weren'y dealing dope they'd be dealing in other stuff. Crime isn't going to go away if dope is legalized.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#18]
not all of them.  if you can make 10x the money smuggling drugs than you can working on cars, some people weigh the risk and go for the money.  If you take away that market, i'd bet the majority of them would go back to working on cars.

How did we ever survive without all of these laws?
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
not all of them.  if you can make 10x the money smuggling drugs than you can working on cars, some people weigh the risk and go for the money.  If you take away that market, i'd bet the majority of them would go back to working on cars.

You don't understand crooks very well. The bulk of them wont go back to working on cars. if they ever worked on cars it was in a chop shop.
The bulk of them have no work ethic when it comes to working for other people in real jobs.
If drugs were legalized they'd find the next criminal enterprise to work at that had a high rate of return.
These people are largely unskilled and don't have the drive to work at a minimum wage job....which is all they are qualified for....or work to improve themselves

Of course maybe the crooks in your area are different than around here...but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't understand crooks very well. The bulk of them wont go back to working on cars. if they ever worked on cars it was in a chop shop.
The bulk of them have no work ethic when it comes to working for other people in real jobs.
If drugs were legalized they'd find the next criminal enterprise to work at that had a high rate of return.
These people are largely unskilled and don't have the drive to work at a minimum wage job....which is all they are qualified for....or work to improve themselves

Of course maybe the crooks in your area are different than around here...but I doubt it.

This is true in many cases.  Just another sad product from the WOD/welfare state.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#21]
So many experts
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Interesting to see the viewpoints back and forth.

Let's look at it from two other angles.

First of all, one is in the business to carry out policy, not make it. If one wants to change it, fine, vote for the person of one's choice. If one wants to belong to an organization to change it, fine, do it on one's own time and do it without the badge that identifies them as a policy enforcer. Even if one does it on their own time but are part of an organization that says they are Law Enforcement, then they are out of line and in potential conflict of interest. IMHO.

Secondly, look at it from not of people but of the substances in question. If drugs are compared to alcohol, then it is like comparing a fire hose to the garden variety. One is not likely to say that alcohol is harmless. The offenses that occur because of it, the temporary impairments, the eventual health problems from long term use are various examples of the harm. One should consider, however, the time it takes for alcohol to cause its impairment and how long it lasts...................and then compare that to a drug of choice. One should consider how long it takes for serious alcohol health problems to show up.........................and then compare that to a drug of choice. One should consider the needed dosage to achieve the wanted feeling from alcohol.................and then compare that to the drug of choice........and what the rate of increase is needed for that alcohol dosage and that of the drug of choice.

We are not talking about the same type of substance here.
________________________________________________________________________________________
("I can handle it."––Alex
"Well, look at how you are handling it! You are on your knees, rummaging through the garbage, looking for someone else's diet pills!"––Elyse, (w,stte), Family Ties, "Speed Trap")
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 2:33:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is true in many cases.  Just another sad product from the WOD/welfare state.  

No, it isn't. Its simply the way some people have lived their lives since well before any "welfare state".
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 3:56:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it isn't. Its simply the way some people have lived their lives since well before any "welfare state".

And drugs used to be legal in America. We didn't have a drug problem then either.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 4:51:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And drugs used to be legal in America. We didn't have a drug problem then either.

Actually, we did.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are kidding right?
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#27]
I do not support the current system we have to fight the war on drugs, simply because it is not working.  I do not have the answers, but in order to find the right answers, we must acknowledge certain questions.  

Are we winning the War on Drugs?  
Is it the government's responsibility to protect us from ourselves?
Are our current policies supporting the principle of personal responsibility?

We seem to have many less than desireable effects from our War on Drugs.  Prisons are overcrowded by non-violent offenders, our police departments are being militarized at the cost of the taxpayer, no-knock warrants and raids are possibly being overused, resulting in mistakes and injustices against The People, and the same criminals keep repeating the same offenses.

I say we allow people to do stupid things to themselves, and they are responsible for the consequences.  Unfortunately, our system not set up to accept this.  NO taxpayer support if your troubles are the result of your own foolish and destructive choices.  If and when your behavior does harm to someone else, THEN you get arrested, and punishments will be harsh.  None of this cozy, cable tv, recreational incarceration.  And if we had a society that was free to defend themselves properly, some of these criminals would either be eliminated, or give pause to the idea before victimizing someone else.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I do not support the current system we have to fight the war on drugs, simply because it is not working.  I do not have the answers, but in order to find the right answers, we must acknowledge certain questions.  

Are we winning the War on Drugs?  
Is it the government's responsibility to protect us from ourselves?
Are our current policies supporting the principle of personal responsibility?.........

An interesting view but I am curious where it stands when there is someone else who is using the drugs against a population for their own agenda?

Back in the mid 90's when I was studying terrorism, the instructor commented about right wing domestic types who would use addictive drugs as a means of ethnic cleansing. They wouldn't sell to "their own people" but they would make them dirt cheap available to those they had prejudices against as a means of weakening their people. (if one wants references, I would have to either contact the instructor who is a recognized expert on terrorism or dig up the data on my own and as a lesser known tactic, it's probably not easy to find).

Now, one could argue that the people who the terrorist infects should have known better and it is their own fault, anyway.........but salesmanship and advertising for any product can be a powerful device and if that device only takes a few tries to get one hooked.....well, how often has one been convinced to buy something they didn't really need?

Quoted:............And if we had a society that was free to defend themselves properly, some of these criminals would either be eliminated, or give pause to the idea before victimizing someone else.

This is speculation, but given the firepower of right wing domestic groups in the past, I'd rather not lay the seeds of a potential civil rebellion to a civil war....which is probably what they want.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the culture was MUCH different back then...and there was a societal drug problem then too.

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This

Again, this..

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Legalize marijuana and go after the hard drugs.  With a vengeance.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 8:16:50 AM EDT
[#33]
This "LEAP" is some silly shit.  The LE jackwagons supporting this nonsense should  un-ass whatever they're currently relaxing on and go to work.  We've always had a drug problem (ever heard of lodnum?) and whether not its a social or criminal problem doesn't matter, seeing how I'm not a sociologist.  Using the 'social problem" train of thought, does it make it ok for a hispanic male to beat his wife?  That's the way they take care of business in Mexico, been doing it that way for years, so using the "social problem" theory shouldn't they get a pass as well?  I normally don't comment on threads such as these but i'm sick of hearing slack-jawed hippie farm zipperheads moan about pot being illegal.  If there are any ideas on proper regulation I'm all ears, but the thought of legalizing narcotics across the board in water- head retarded.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Marijuana is far from safe and has been linked to causing a number of mental disorders.  As far as any medicinal value, the cannabinoids can be incorporated into orally ingested pills with a guaranteed and controlled dosage, but without the toxins and carcinogens of the marijuana smoke that otherwise exceed those found in cigarettes but many times over.

But hey, a bunch of pot-heads certainly know better than medical researchers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I think this may be just a factor of tunnel vision.
You probably handle 100 times more shitbags a month than I see in a year, so you would have a different perspective.
From my vantage point, drugs and any problem they present are insignificant compared to what will happen when the pretend phase of this economy is over.

Due to the loss of liberty, the gigantic waste of resources across the country, and the bullshit political way in which this form of prohibition (similar to other lovely .gov programs, like obama care, all started on lies, and unconstitutional), I think I would rather make them legal, and then let Darwin work his magic.

As for the green, this is WHY the .gov should not be in the insurance business.  

Would you the let folks who drink have insurance.

How about fat people?

Smokers?

Not sure what is worse, the .gov requiring bullshit from insurance companies for social reasons, or this cop demanding that 2 entities enter into a contract for a financial instrument, with his preferences.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So many experts

I see, if you are not a cop, you can't have knowledge of the problem.

I guess spending more money on the operation than the recovered product is worth makes sense then.

Economic choices, how do they work?

Thanks

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:30:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, we did.

Yeah, black folks was raping the white womenz.  

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's it, just like our economy, the problem is we didn't spend ENOUGH.

Just like that war, we haven't done ENOUGH.  

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Marijuana is far from safe and has been linked to causing a number of mental disorders.  As far as any medicinal value, the cannabinoids can be incorporated into orally ingested pills with a guaranteed and controlled dosage, but without the toxins and carcinogens of the marijuana smoke that otherwise exceed those found in cigarettes but many times over.  

link?
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

link?

It's called Marinol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#41]
My post was referring to the link  that shows pot causing a number of mental disorders.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My post was referring to the link  that shows pot causing a number of mental disorders.

Wouldn't marinal cause the same mental problems?

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So many experts

I guess spending more money on the operation than the recovered product is worth makes sense then.

Thanks

TXL

And your credentials are what?  

I have extensive experience in drug investigations, have been certified and trained by the DEA, and have seen first hand what the effects of drugs are.  

So yeah, unless you have been in the field of investigating or trafficking in drugs, you really don't have a clue.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes, Afghanistan is a bad place because they grow a lot of Opium and Weed. Obviously not because it's a dump that's been run by an oppressive government for decades, or populated by people with a backward culture that has experienced few of the joys of the industrial revolution. No, it's all the demon weed and the hellfire poppy.

Sold, I'm in, 100%.

Quoted:
Marijuana is far from safe and has been linked to causing a number of mental disorders.

So what? If you slam a bunch of energy drinks, you can poison yourself with Vitamin B, too. Acute heptatitis, and it'll _kill you_, son. You don't even have to drink an entire bottle of liquor to put yourself into "deadly danger" territory, what with the unanticipated unconsciousness and the potential for falling flat on your stupid back and drowning in your own puke.

People are perfectly capable of evaluating the risks for themselves based on the available data, and they should be free so to do, just as they are with the dozens of poisons and caustics and corrosives we keep in our homes all the time.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Isn't it just easier to give in to conformity? If people didn't they would have to learn common sense all over again. That is a scary thing for a government to allow....
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
So many experts

Thanks

TXL

I have extensive experience in drug investigations, have been certified and trained by the DEA, and have seen first hand what the effects of drugs are.  

So yeah, unless you have been in the field of investigating or trafficking in drugs, you really don't have a clue.  

This.  ^^^^^
Credentials, we don't need no stinking credentials!
Or do we?
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
So many experts

Thanks

TXL

My credentials:  I can do math.  Do you know what an economic choice is.  It's what happens when you have limited resources.

Why don't we just assign a cop to every person, then it will be stopped.

Oh yeah, cause of that limited resources thing.  

TXL

ETA:  Do those LAW ENFORCEMENT officals AGAINST Prohibition, have a clue?

Or, are their credentials not worth a shit either.  Is this how it works?  Someone disagrees with you, therefore, they have no clue.  Even if they do the same job as you?

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

link?

There's a pretty cool web site called Google.  You can access it at www.google.com.  Type something in that interests you and other web pages with information about what you typed in will pop up.  It's a pretty handy resource.  For example, I found this page:http://www.drugabuse.gov/ResearchReports/Marijuana/default.html,  wherein it states:

The use of marijuana can produce adverse physical, mental, emotional, and behavioral effects. It can impair short-term memory and judgment and distort perception. Because marijuana affects brain systems that are still maturing through young adulthood, its use by teens may have a negative effect on their development. And contrary to popular belief, it can be addictive.

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#49]
What would you expect a .gov site to say?

here are a few links
(after the first post)
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

What would you expect a .gov site to say?
here are a few links

(after the first post)

You're right.  If it's a .gov site it must automatically be bullshit.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top