Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2002 11:56:49 PM EDT
Looking for ideas here....

We are having a huge problem with ATV thefts in our county.

Unfortunately, it seems like everyone is stealing them. They are being stolen to ride, they are not being sold or chopped for parts. Therefore there is no one group committing the thefts.

My thoughts are to set up some bikes as "bait" and sting a few of these guys. Then have the local media plaster it in the papers to put that seed of doubt in the would be thieves mind, that we may be waiting on them.

Anyone have any suggestions for slowing this down?

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Bait vehicles are wonderful. I've been involved with them before. They can be put on anything with a battery. You could even put one on a trailer if you supply a battery pack. Interesting to follow and see where they go, you usually find more that what you were following once you get there. Where in MO are you? We recovered some bob trucks here in Memphis that were used in ATV dealership burglaries about 18 months ago, I was wondering whatever happenend in those cases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top