Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 12:46:55 PM EDT
I'm not an LEO yet (hope to be), but hope to do an intership here before I graduate (sometime next spring; CJ major). I was just interested in seeing everyone's duty weapons and possibly a brief job description.

Just want to see some good duty weapons with gear!

ETA: I know we have a duty rifles thread, I was more interested in weapons besides those as to not interfere with that thread.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What the hell.  Time to get me a photobucket account.  Tag for pics!

Sorry for the crappy pic, I'm a newbie at it, but you get the idea.

This is what I have on or with me every day:

GLOCK 22 with Streamlight TLR-1; issued
Colt AR-15 Lightweight with UTG quad rail, EOTECH, (hidden) Surefire G2 and Blackhawk 3-point sling; issued (Surefire and sling are mine)
Remington 870 with combo 00 Buck/slug; issued
TASER X-26; issued
Two cheap, but effective, blades; one is a combo belt cutter/window punch; mine

ETA: Haha!  Got it!

Oops, forgot the pepper spray.  I carry Fox.  Nothing burns hotter!
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for pics.

I've got a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 with a Streamlight TLR-2 light, in a Safarliand 6280.

Job description: Deputy Sheriff, I work for a rural Sheriff's Office in central texas. We only have ~20,000 people in the entire county and cover about 620 square miles. There are times when I'm the only deputy on duty. Closest back up may be a DPS Trooper or a deputy from another county 40 minutes or more away. However, we have crime like everywhere else. Thefts, burglaries, homicides, suicidies, disturbances, assaults, family violence, bar fights, etc. We don't have investigators, so 99% of the time we have to run our own cases. I took an sexual assault case from the initial meeting with the complaintant to grand jury and then to district court where the guy pled guilty and was sentenced to time in TDC. We also chase a lot of cows.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll take a picture later after I get some sleep but here's my list:

Rock River Entry Tactical with Aimpoint CompM2, Vltor furniture including flip up front sights, MI BUIS, Pentagon X3 light
Benelli M4 12 gauge with forend flashlight
Springfield MC Operator with Surefire X300
Smith & Wesson 642 38 SPL
Rat Cutlery R3
Benchmade Warn Barriage

Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:51:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb357/mhwilde/IMG_0049.jpg

Colt AR-15 Lightweight with UTG quad rail, EOTECH, (hidden) Surefire G2 and Blackhawk 3-point sling; issued (Surefire and sling are mine)
TASER X-26; issued

You put an EOtech on a non-free floated UTG rail? That's your patrol rifle?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TASER X-26; issued

Damn, good eyes, i didnt notice that till you pointed it out.

OP, im assuming that you dont know but if you mount an optic on a removable handguard your zero will wander around, meaning the gun will shoot in different places when using that sight.

ETA: Etided because i screwed up the quotes.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TASER X-26; issued

Not exactly.  That is, in fact, my patrol rifle, but as I said, that's the issued configuration.  I don't have any say on that, but consider myself lucky to have the EOTECH.  Took quite a bit to get optics in the first place.

For the record, I've found any zero wander is negligible, at least out to 100 yards hot or cold.  I haven't shot it red hot and checked, but at that point I can just switch to irons if I ever get into a SHTF scenario where the barrel gets that hot.  I will tell you it's accurate enough to put all rounds within a 5-inch group at 100 yards prone no rest, and I think that's the shooter, not the optic mounting.

If I were to build a rifle to attempt sub-moa at 100 yards from a sandbag, I'd worry about the mounting.  For a service rifle, I think it's fine.  I'm not trying to start a war or be a smartass, but if my thinking is SERIOUSLY flawed, please PM me and explain.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]

ankle gun has been replaced with this
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#8]
here's my duty belt

eta, the pistol is a Glock 23, OC spray is defense tech MK4 my agency doesn't allow the use of batons or tasers

i'm a probation officer, a lot of my work takes place in an office setting or in court. We do have field duty as well in which we check out probationers homes, serve arrest warrants and do warrantless searches (gotta love that 4th waiver ).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top