Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2011 3:39:04 PM EDT
Had a family member who used to listen to the Cops theme song, and the Junior Brown-Highway Patrol while he was in his patrol car.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Had a family member who used to listen to the Cops theme song, and the Junior Brown-Highway Patrol while he was in his patrol car.

pretty much if it DOESNT remind me of work I'll listen to it.

However the other day my wife and I were in my truck and she was flipping through the stations on Sirius and came across Tupac Shukars song "California Lovin'" and I had to listen to it as it reminded me of working the ghetto and housing complexes on nights back in the mid 90's and gettin' rock, bottle and the occasional round throw at my ride while driving through. Everyone would be out, at 0400 BBQ'ing, drinking and playing loud ass music. That shit was the sound track of my early career, LOL

J-
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

In CVPI's they are plain jane AM/FM only radios.....so I only listen to what a DJ chooses to play  For me its usually country.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
My Suburban has a nice Chevy factory AM/FM.  I noticed my guys tend to leave it on either talk radio (Rush/Beck/Hannity) or the local rock/metal station.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Abba
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Sirius Satelite radio
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sirius Satelite radio

This.

When I worked patrol I listened to Art Bell and George Noury over night.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Either my iPod on an FM transmitter, or one of the two local rock stations.

Except for the end of the day when I put my blinders on, its just background noise. Every morning at 7am one of the stations plays "Morning Metallica" that gets cranked up.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Ipod.

However, when I have a particularly unruly suspect being transported to the local hotel, I always ask them what sort of music they like. I then pick somethign totally opposite, and turn it up until the music drowns out their rants and screaming.

Makes for a nice, peaceful, if not quiet drive to jail.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sirius Satelite radio

This.

All of the above.  Got to love the crazy folk on Coast to Coast AM.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Sirius Satelite radio

This.

All of the above.  Got to love the crazy folk on Coast to Coast AM.

Teh crazy is strong on that show.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ipod.

However, when I have a particularly unruly suspect being transported to the local hotel, I always ask them what sort of music they like. I then pick somethign totally opposite, and turn it up until the music drowns out their rants and screaming.

Makes for a nice, peaceful, if not quiet drive to jail.

I have a playlist for just such an occasion.... I fought the law and law won, Fulsom prison blues, Cocaine Blues, Mama Tried, There Ain't No Good Chain Gang, I got Stripes...

My own picks are usually centred on fast, hard and angry Industrial Rock, Metal and a wee bit of alternative for at work and getting ready to go on shift. When I'm typing and at home I pull out the other genres like Celtic Fusion, Modern country, Outlaw Country, and some more sedate rock type ballads and stuff.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
The theme song from smokey and the bandit, the dukes of hazzards theme song, 911 is a joke by Public Enemy, and Fuck the Police.

I go for the ironic approach.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sirius Satelite radio

This is what maintained my sanity.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In CVPI's they are plain jane AM/FM only radios.....so I only listen to what a DJ chooses to play  For me its usually country.

That a kid! I like your style!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#15]
usually country or hard rock/metal
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:18:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Dayshift: Talk radio (Rush/Hannity/Beck/Dave Ramsey)
Nights: Rock/Metal (Gets old real fast repaeting the same 40 songs +/-)

For the unruly individuals I tune in the Gospel/Christian station and turn it up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Pandora streaming routed through my iPhone 4 to an FM modulator.  

I have stations for all my moods.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Our Chargers have AUX jacks so it's my iPhone for the entertainment. Mostly 60s, 70s and 80s with a little recent stuff sprinkled in
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Bob FM....easy listening......country

And if it is morning, and everyone is talking, then I'll put in one of my Pat Benatar tapes.
(".....Movin' in for the kill tonight  You got every advantage when they put out the lights  It's not so pretty when it fades away  Cause it's just an illusion in this passion play  I've seen you burn `em before....,", lyrics, (w,stte), "Fire and Ice" by Benatar)
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#20]
My little XM Express RC has been the best little patrol companion I've ever bought.

Mainly it's "The Wilkow Majority" at the first half of the day - music the rest of the shift - Cam and Company on the drive home.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#21]
goodtimes radio preferred listening - Loveline w/ Dr Drew and Psycho Mike.

"SPencer Pratt, ratta tat tat.  NECK BEARD TECHNIQUE!  AH AH!"

too busy much doing the day to have the extra distractions in the car.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Listening to radio/tape/cd/music/etc. while working is prohibited.  To help this along, the radios are removed from our cars when they are marked.  Those of us in plainclothes assignments with cars bought for the purpose tend to have radios, but we are still not supposed to turn them on.  White shirts and the IA and Inspections folks who enforce this rule seem to be exempt.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Listening to radio/tape/cd/music/etc. while working is prohibited.  To help this along, the radios are removed from our cars when they are marked.  Those of us in plainclothes assignments with cars bought for the purpose tend to have radios, but we are still not supposed to turn them on.  White shirts and the IA and Inspections folks who enforce this rule seem to be exempt.

Similar here in that when I'm driving with the CB radio up, the radio tends to be off. It is easier to hear that traffic without the music.

As far as my previous answer? I didn't see it as applying to work.

At work, I don't listen to any music past my set up at the computers. I find having music, from music videos going, helps keep me focused to setting up the computers.....as oppose to "dashing" off to see about some question...."just for a moment". But after set up, I turn the music off because I find it distracting.

It is rather interesting in my work place since it's the show and tell room for my organization. There's a walk pass through behind me with large windows so people can see my space, my back, the control room. It is sort of like this:

with eight computer screens and two huge TV screens over my head.

When I come in at midnight, I turn those TV's off darn quick. It is very hard to do a turn over when you are glancing up to what the previous shift has been watching. Then, they stay off till the last hour of my shift when I have to have them on for "show and tell". As I said, I find them very distracting. When I do turn them on, it's to Telemundo and Galavision. More informative and less distracting.....and I'm sure it drives those walking behind me with wonder. I do turn on the sound at times, mostly for immersion. Some of my comrades in other areas are Mexican and don't speak English that much, so between that and LEO concerns, it is to my benefit to learn Spanish.
("Mediterranean? We've been looking for him in the wrong hemisphere!"––V.C. Cameron, in World Securities "mission control", about his missing agent after receiving an intel report about the land holdings about the enemy, (w,stte), SEARCH "Let us Prey")
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sirius Satelite radio

This.

All of the above. Got to love the crazy folk on Coast to Coast AM.

Teh crazy is strong on that show.

What is crazy is when that shit starts coming true.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Sirius, Howard Stern, Octane, Lithium, etc.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#26]
AC/DC of course.  Kept me wired up for all of the shoot outs in South Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top