Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2011 10:30:26 PM EDT
I swear to god everytime I go home early, the fucking city blows up....had district court all day today, so I work till about 2200 and get sent home (thats 13 hours on duty).

NOT 30 minutes after pulling in my drive and shutting off my radio, carjacking, officer gets behind the stolen car, chase that goes 3 towns over through 2 counties, helicopter involved, car wrecks, foot chase, 2 in custody....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I missed it all

Link Posted: 3/9/2011 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Business as usual over here
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 1:05:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are the kind of calls I enjoy missing. Been there, done that, got a closet full of T-shirts. Give me a quiet night where I can read a few chapters of a book, surf the net for a bit and maybe catch a REAL bad guy with a younger officer and say "Gee Kid I don't feel like going to court, why don't you take credit for the arrest"
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Relax, Tackleberry, you'll get your call.

But I do feel your pain, Brother.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 2:38:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I swear to god everytime I go home early, the fucking city blows up....had district court all day today, so I work till about 2200 and get sent home (thats 13 hours on duty).

NOT 30 minutes after pulling in my drive and shutting off my radio, carjacking, officer gets behind the stolen car, chase that goes 3 towns over through 2 counties, helicopter involved, car wrecks, foot chase, 2 in custody....

thats alright you could have been me yesterday afternoon....i hooked a guy up for PD and as soon as i started to transport....a semi flips over, a semi vs car, and active assault....all within 10 minutes, i just wanted to drop the drunk guy off in the river i was so pissed
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Those are the kind of calls I enjoy missing. Been there, done that, got a closet full of T-shirts. Give me a quiet night where I can read a few chapters of a book, surf the net for a bit and maybe catch a REAL bad guy with a younger officer and say "Gee Kid I don't feel like going to court, why don't you take credit for the arrest"

+1
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Atlanta is hiring  in Dekalb!They will give you all the fun you want!
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Relax, Tackleberry, you'll get your call.

Hey, that was my first thought, too!
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So,

Is it the pursuit of happiness  OR  the happiness of the pursuit?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm at the point where if I miss something good, oh well. Plenty happens while I'm on duty as it is. I'll let the younger guys go nuts over hot calls. Once I go 10-87 and cross the bridge into my town, I'm done for the day. Heck, just yesterday I had two hours over for a late call. I have to take it as comp. I can't get paid for it due to budget. Oh well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thats called "day shift" here, LOL. We are pretty busy in our town. No skin off my nose when I miss those kind of calls as there is always another right around the corner, LOL

J-
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#11]
When I miss the "good calls" by a few minutes at end of shift... I am thankful.  Less paperwork.  Less writers cramp.  Less dealing with our wonderful grand jury folks....
I get enough during my shift, I don't need to extend it "just in case" something exciting pops off.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the opposite problem, every time I try and get off early something like that happens and I have to stay.  Did I mention I have been doing this for 15 years?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#13]
As a volunteer, I'll go in on my days off from work hoping to get some calls... we'll sit around all day twiddling our thumbs or (if I'm lucky) doing training... finally, time comes that I have to leave, and usually all hell breaks loose.  I can't tell you how many structure fires, extrications, and full arrests have happened within half an hour of me leaving.  It's a running joke now.  

One of these days I'm going to fool everyone by leaving and then coming back!

(Can't complain today though... rode our asses off and got to play with the new trucks )
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have the opposite problem, every time I try and get off early something like that happens and I have to stay.  Did I mention I have been doing this for 15 years?

ahhh i see you are affected with the same affliction that I have. SHITMAGNETITIS been suffering from that for 16 years.

J-
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#15]
When I was a rookie I used to get upset when fun stuff happened and I missed it.  Thank God those days are over.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When I was a rookie I used to get upset when fun stuff happened and I missed it.  Thank God those days are over.

This
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top