Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 4:30:56 AM EDT
I've had an Ultrafire L2 for about a year now, and I've had all sorts of problems, and now its dead..... I need a better flashlight.... I've been using my old Stinger XT, and its not nearly as bright, but its very reliable.  

Question 1. What are you using?

Question 2. I would like a 1" tube,   small-ish size (Strion sized) flash light..... I work Mids so it MUST be rechargeable.....

right now I'm looking at the Streamlight Strion LED, what can you recommend, and where should I buy it?

Oh, and it must have a constant "on",  I really don't care if it strobes or not.... and I would like a "strike tool" on the front, but it isn't a requirement.  

Thanks Brothers,,, Stay Safe, and keep kicking bad guy ass
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I use this. http://www.lighthound.com/Solarforce-L1200-1200-Lumen-Incandescent-Rechargeable-Flashlight––3-x-18650-batteries_p_1621.html I work a night security job so I use it everyday. I have had it for about 2 years now and it hasn't skipped a beat. I've dropped it a bunch of times and has held extremely well. Also the output is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not get a terralux led conversion for the Stinger. It makes it incredibly bright and nearly doubles your burn time. I paid 50 bucks for the one for my Ultrastinger. It's burn your retina's bright Roughly 300 lumen. The regular stinger is about 220 lumens and 2 hour run time if I rememebr correctly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I work mostly night and I use a Strion LED. I did carry a PolyStinger LED DS on my belt before I decided I wanted something small. Since I've got the Strion, the PolyStinger only comes out on traffic stops. I love the Strion LED. It really is an impressive light for its size. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why not get a terralux led conversion for the Stinger. It makes it incredibly bright and nearly doubles your burn time. I paid 50 bucks for the one for my Ultrastinger. It's burn your retina's bright Roughly 300 lumen. The regular stinger is about 220 lumens and 2 hour run time if I rememebr correctly.

I too use the terrlux led conversion on my stinger...super bright!  I also carry a G2...regular not LED, although I would eventually like to get the G2 LED version instead.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you looked at the stinger LED? I love mine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a Fenix TK10 on my belt, and keep a maglight within reach.
Fenix seems like good light but i'll probably go back to surefire next time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out the lights from this company.    http://www.klaruslight.com/products/Flash_light/68.html            They got good write ups from Candlepower Forums. You can always buy rechargeables for them. I'll be picking up the NT 20.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I run a stinger led and a strion led on my belt. Both rechargeable.

I highly recommend either, or both !
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a SureFire Z2 with a Malkoff drop-in that is bored out to fit an 18650 battery. I also have a Fenix TK11 which can fit a 18650 in stock form, super bright.

I think the Fenix would be a great choice. Great info for lights
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#11]
surefire z2 LED combatlite - the metal one, not the polymer. not rechargeable like you say you're looking for, but the batteries seem to last a while w/ the LED vs the regular bulb. i've carried mine for about 8 years every day, and it still works like a champ. it's been rained on, dropped, run over, frozen, etc, etc and keeps on ticking. surefire used to have a killer deal on their house brand c123s; i don't know if they still do or not.

ETA: we've been having issues w/ the streamlights in our cars lately: the batteries won't hold a charge for shit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I got a new light..... I went and bought the Streamlight Strion LED C4.

Features:
Rechargeable
click for constant "on"
lightly press the "on" button for no-noise momentary "on"
quick double click for strobe
160 lumens
Seems sturdy and rugged in construction
The rough texture on tube works well with gloves and bare hands

the only thing else I would like is the strike tool, but its not a must.  I am more concerned about reliability, and the constant on/momentary on combo features.

I'll be posting a reliability test on her after some real world testing.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top