Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2010 1:47:27 PM EDT
FUUUUUUUUU-

It felt like my face was going to melt off.

We got sprayed, had to run 30 yards and do 3 knee strikes on a bag, run 30 yards and punch a bag 3 times, run 30 yards, pick a training baton off the ground and strike a bag 3 times, then run 40 yards, pick up a blue gun on the ground and arrest someone at gun point.

Decon was copious amounts of water, blotting your face with either a dry or wet paper towel, and a shit ton of fans.

The OC reactivated twice on my 38 mile trip home.

I got home, went to wash just my face in the shower with ice cold water, and yea, it reactivated again. It feels like I got most of it off, but I'm going to wait to get the rest of it off until my face stops burning.

I got sprayed about 1:15 p.m. Central Time

ETA: spelling, added time I got sprayed.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't touch your junk for at least two days or you'll be sorry!
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the "Satan spludged in my face" club
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
When I'm cutting peppers (the ones I raise are about 1/5 or 1/6 as strong as OC) and get zapped, I decon with oil, followed by Castile soap.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Do not jam your hands down your gf/so/wife's pants tonight in the hopes of trying to get frisky.  It will not end well.

This I know.  The hard way.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i hated getting sprayed. it's such a waste of time and pretty much just a hazing tool. i don't need to be sprayed to know that it's incapacitating.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Baby shampoo is your friend, Amigo.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have thankfully never been sprayed directly but I have gotten it second hand before.

No thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Do not jam your hands down your gf/so/wife's pants tonight in the hopes of trying to get frisky.  It will not end well.

This I know.  The hard way.

+1000

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't worry.  If you work in an active PD you'll get it many more times.  Usually when someone sprays, everybody in the vicinity gets it.  In time it won't affect you anymore.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 3:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i hated getting sprayed. it's such a waste of time and pretty much just a hazing tool. i don't need to be sprayed to know that it's incapacitating.

When I got sprayed, I had to fight an instructor who was wailing on me with a punching bag, and find my blue gun and give it to another instructor...
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#11]
after gettin sprayed, we had to pry open an eye, draw our handgun with the simulation rounds, shoot the person wearin the red man suit,  then call out on the radio sayin we got sprayed and shoots were fired.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2010 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Ouuuchhh....

I will have video on Monday of me getting sprayed and doing our course.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds a lot like our course during O.C, except we finish with loading a sim gun and firing 2 shots center mass at 10 yards after the take-down.  

Ill gladly get tazed over the full on O.C exposure course again any day.  That drive home into the setting sun was the worst drive ever.
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sounds a lot like our course during O.C, except we finish with loading a sim gun and firing 2 shots center mass at 10 yards after the take-down.  

Ill gladly get tazed over the full on O.C exposure course again any day.  That drive home into the setting sun was the worst drive ever.

This...
The Taser hurts like hell, but it's over in 5 seconds.
The OC burns like hell, and lingers for a LONG time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

Amen!
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Ill be in your shoes in about 2 months.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#17]
ugggggh, memories

did anybody else have a strand of snot hanging from their right nostril that was touching the ground like?   good times
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Baby shampoo is your friend, Amigo.

This!  I need to find the vids from SECFOR Detainee Ops training at Ft. Dix, Sept 2005.  All 150 of us got a faceful, then did a similar fight-thru exercise (no lethal weapons since we were doing riot work: baton one on one, one on one vs redman suit guy, two on one with baton, two on one without baton).  Decon was Baby Shampoo and a cold garden hose in the face which they had you lean over face down into.  I had swallowed so much air that I couldn't breath, so I literally had to come up for air, then had a belch-fest after, while recovering.  Once is enough, so needless to say, I kept the OC Spray Cert Card.  Thank God we got sent to Baghdad to do police training.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the club.

Feels good, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#20]
its the gift that keeps on giving!

when you least expect it for the next week  
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Does pouring milk on your face help like it does drinking milk after eating peppers?
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Does pouring milk on your face help like it does drinking milk after eating peppers?

Someone brought milk when we were sprayed two weeks ago but I couldn't tell you if it worked or not, I used baby shampoo. the instructors said the milk won't help.

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Haha!

Now..... Cut your fingernails too. It is under them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#24]
i heard the milk has to be sour.  the tree huggers use it when they protest whatever they are against
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#25]
A guy brought a gallon of whole milk to ours, and it didn't work for him at all. It just made him smell like milk.

The jug came in handy though. He had the top cut off and filled with cold water, which he then proceeded to dunk his head in. That worked a lot better than the milk did.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

A guy brought a gallon of whole milk to ours, and it didn't work for him at all. It just made him smell like milk.

The jug came in handy though. He had the top cut off and filled with cold water, which he then proceeded to dunk his head in. That worked a lot better than the milk did.

Damn, that would have probably worked very well.

Link Posted: 10/15/2010 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#27]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVY7BwUSi-w&feature=related

Doesnt start getting good til 1 minute in.

Enjoy this one.

I hate OC in my eyes.....absolutely love spraying bad guys with it.  That shit hurts.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#28]
The day that I got sprayed our fans "mysteriously" stopped working.  Thank God there was snow on the ground to stick our faces in.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#29]
My department uses FOX Labs. That stuff is evil. I got a full spray in fight one night and that shit reactived several times over the course of 3 days.

Welcome to the club.

MPD165
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#30]
When I got sprayed it was with some combo OC/pepper spray. It was God awful. It actually ate the skin off my eye lids.
Never saw it again. The can had a badge on it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#31]
My agency (DHS-CBP) uses Sabre Red Pepperfoam; that stuff is terrible; not like the liquid stuff they sprayed on us at the academy, which was nasty, but the foam is 1000 times worst; your skin will absorb it and it will take hours for the effect to minimize - not go away, but minimize. My face felt like someone seared it with a torch for days.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#32]
it sucks- and i dont totally agree with the training benefits of it, but like stated earleir- welcome to the club.

all it really taught me was "anyone with a gun, shoot.     anyone with pepper spray- SHOOT TWICE!"

seriously though- since tasers have come out, i would say my OC use has decreased by at least 75%.
-and in no way is that depressing!  the suspect isnt the only one that gets it- anyone that happens to be in the same zip code gets a dose of it too!

in my academy, the instructor that sprayed all 34 of us was just as affected as we were!
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

Indeed. I would take a Taser hit again over the OC any day. Any Day.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

Our Chief Instructor (retired after 25+ years on the street) said he'd take getting OC'd over Tazed any day.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

Our Chief Instructor (retired after 25+ years on the street) said he'd take getting OC'd over Tazed any day.

I believe it. We had several in out class that got Taserd and said they would take the OC over Taser. Other like me would choose the Taser. Just affects people in different ways.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#36]
When I got OCed they didn't let us bring soap, was 2 hours before I got that shit off my face. The experience taught me two things:
1. I have about 90 seconds if I get exposed until I am completely worthless.
2. Anybody that points a can of OC is going to get shot....more than once
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My agency (DHS-CBP) uses Sabre Red Pepperfoam; that stuff is terrible; not like the liquid stuff they sprayed on us at the academy, which was nasty, but the foam is 1000 times worst; your skin will absorb it and it will take hours for the effect to minimize - not go away, but minimize. My face felt like someone seared it with a torch for days.

Thing I don't like about the foam is the ability for the target to fling it back at you.

Got hit with sabre red on a Friday morning and it wasn't until late Sunday afternoon that I could go outside without two pairs of sunglasses on.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

When I got OCed they didn't let us bring soap, was 2 hours before I got that shit off my face. The experience taught me two things:

1. I have about 90 seconds if I get exposed until I am completely worthless.

2. Anybody that points a can of OC is going to get shot....more than once

I'll second this.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Threads like these really make me look forward to academy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top