Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2010 5:39:39 PM EDT

Ariz. Border Patrol agent killed in car wreck
© 2010 The Associated Press
Sept. 2, 2010, 8:08PM
TUCSON, Ariz. — A U.S. Border Patrol agent was killed in a car accident Thursday near Sells in southern Arizona.

The agency provided few details but said the agent was involved in a two-vehicle accident around 9:30 a.m. on Federal Route 19.

The agent was pronounced dead at the scene. The agent was not identified so all family members could be notified.

The female driver of the other vehicle had minor injuries and was taken to a local hospital.

Border Patrol spokesman Omar Candelaria says it's the second agent death this year. Another agent was killed in a car accident near Rachal, Texas earlier this year.

Chief Patrol Agent Victor Manjarrez, Jr. says the death is a "terrible tragedy" and fellow agents all are feeling a sense of loss.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Crap...hope I didn't know them.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I did, I was stationed with him and worked with him on a daily basis when he was in the Army. He was a stand up guy. Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry to hear that ThatGuy91K

Here's some more info,
Agent Michael V. Gallagher died from injuries he sustained in a two vehicle accident while on patrol near Casa Grande this morning, Thursday, September 2nd.

Agent Gallagher, age 32, entered on duty with the 794th Border Patrol Session on July 21, 2008.

Agent Gallagher is survived by his wife, Samantha; his sons Quincy age 8 and Ryan age 2; mother and step-father, Diane and Bill Alexander; father and step-mother, Michael and Jeanne Gallagher; and two sisters, Jeannette and Julie Gallagher. Border Patrol Agent Julie Gallagher is assigned to BORSTAR in El Paso, Texas.

RIP
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
 Prayers sent

RIP Brother
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]

SELLS, Ariz (KGUN9-TV) - Officers with the Tohono O'odham nation tried to piece together what led to an accident which claimed the life of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

Chief Delgado with the Tohono O'Odham Police Department said they responded to the scene at 9:30 a.m. located on Federal Route #19 at milepost 6.7. Officers initially were given information that there was a two vehicle collision involving the U.S. Border Patrol.

Emergency crews treated and transported the other victim, 40 year-old Angela Mata of Sells Arizona to an area hospital for minor injuries.

Omar Candelaria with the U.S. Border Patrol released a statement saying a Border Patrol agent driving northbound on FR19 was involved in a two vehicle collision. The agent sustained multiple injuries and was pronounced dead. Candelaria stated that they would not be releasing the identity of the agent until proper notifications had been made.

The Tohono O'Odham Police Department investigated the collision and charged Angela Mata with negligent homicide, criminal damage, and DUI. In addition to state charges she is also facing charges from the Federal Government.

This is the second death of a Border Patrol agent this year. Earlier this year an agent lost his life in a car accident near Rachal, Texas.

Rest in Peace Brother.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Small world!  Me and my wife have been looking at buying this house in Lincoln California.  The sellers are a nice elderly couple who's son is a Border Patrol Agent in Arizona.  They told us yesterday that their son was the first on scene of this Agents fatality crash.  They were best friends.    And now I read about it here.  Just strange!

Well, my heart goes out to the family of the deceased young agent!  God Bless him and all the other agents working that dangerous border job!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's Mike's obituary. RIP brother.

Michael Vincent Gallagher, 32, of Casa Grande died on Sept. 2, 2010, of
injuries sustained in a traffic crash while on duty on the Tohono
O’odham Nation.

Visitation will begin at 10 a.m. Wednesday at First Assembly of God.
The funeral will follow at 11, with Chaplain James Stout officiating.

Mr. Gallagher was born on July 5, 1978, in Hershey, Pa. He was an
Iraq War veteran who served with distinction in the Army from 2002 to
2008. He entered duty with the U.S. Border Patrol’s 794th Session on
July 21, 2008. He was devoted to his family and friends and a
trustworthy soldier and patrol agent. He was known for his infectious
laugh and salt and pepper hair. He was an avid Philadelphia Eagles and
Phillies fan.  

Survivors include his wife, Samantha L.; two sons, Quincy and Rhyan
Gallagher of Casa Grande; his father and stepmother, Michael P. and Jean
Gallagher of Mountville, Pa.; his mother and stepfather, Diane and
William Alexander of Lancaster, Pa.; two sisters, fellow agent Julie
Gallagher-Merone of El Paso, Texas, and Jeanette Gallagher of Charlotte,
N.C.; a stepbrother, Thomas Lohr of Lancaster; and grandparents, Lloyd
and Mary Waller of Lancaster.

Contributions toward a college fund for Mr. Gallagher’s children may
be sent to: U.S. Border Patrol, c/o Patrol Agent in Charge, 396 N.
Camino Mercado, Casa Grande, AZ 85122-5760.

J. Warren Funeral Services, Cole & Maud The Gardens Chapel is in charge of arrangements
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top