Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 8:00:45 PM EDT
I have been here on and off for a couple of weeks now and I finally notice this forum.

How are you guys doing?

Anyone of you guys here in LA with the LAPD? I met a couple of officers that I think are instructors at the academy - Both are from Thailand like me: Pete and Jade dont remember their last name (we have loooong last name). Very nice guys!

cheers
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
[:K]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
troll?

why?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
ah ha!

exactly what a troll would ask.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, you posted a picture of a troll and so I asked; doesn't take a rocket scientist to grasp at what you were implying.

Now, would you please enlighten me? What made you think I was trolling? You certainly are entitled to form an opinion of me and don't have to explain jack. And I definitely wouldn't lose sleep over this, but even you have to admit that from my perspective, this is very peculiar.

cheers

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey nara T -

Does this English translation mean anything to you? -

Soi Atthawimon.

This is not a trick, it’s just a place where I lived growing up.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Mark,

Lay off the new guy.  Brothers of the Shield is not General Discussion and naraT isn't acting like a troll.  If he starts to act trollish, the moderators will handle it.

Dave G.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
flashman,

Hello. I know it's a street because of the 'Soi' but im not sure where it is exactly. You grew up there? I don't think you're Thai so this is interesting. :) How long ago was this?

cheers
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#8]
ok someone explain trolling to me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Dave G,

Thanks. And no, I won't be acting trollish. [:o)]

cheers
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
eagle1911,

Trolling is like when you throw in a bait hoping a fish would fall for it and take a bite. It happens in every forum I've ever been to - all it takes is someone to come here and says blah blah blah AR15 SUCKS and the flame war begins.

cheers

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you with the LAPD naraT?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Man i wish i could be a member of a group like the LAPD !!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#13]
You can.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:42:16 AM EDT
[#14]
naraT, I always post a troll pic to anyone who posts a "self introduction" thread.

I don't really think that you are trolling.  It's just a crack at the guys on this site who are convinced that everyone is a troll.

that said, I must bid you good day.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#15]
adam556,

I'm afraid I don't quite meet their high expectation. Couple of years ago, officer Jade tried and convinced me to become one - he even got a book for me to study. I thought long and hard about what being an officer is all about - the dedication and sacrifice I'd have to make, I realized I'm not cut out for it.

Number one reason is I lack people skill! And at times I can be quite bias in my beliefs. Self discipline is another skill that I just don't have - just don't think I can be fare to criminals; some people (IMO) deserve to be fried and that's that.

cheers

oh, and Eng. is my second language. I think I speak pretty good english but with accent.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#16]
markm,

no problem. just wonder if I said anything wrong.

cheers
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#17]
NaraT -

Soi Atthawimon - is the street I lived on while my Dad was serving in, well you can guess where.

Bangkok, Thailand.  1966.   This particular street is near Victory circle.

Thailand - the only SE Asian country never colonized by Europeans.

I was just a kid, attending the American Intl School.

I love what I remember about Thailand, and hope to go back someday.

I recently saw a map of Thailand and, whoa, what’s up with the freeways?

And yes, your English is pretty good in written form.

This thread will mostly likely end up in  general discussion. Look for it there.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#18]
ahhh..ok.

well, those aren't 'free'ways. [;)] you gotta pay to get on them to avoid traffic jam. only 1 U.S. dollar but that's 45 thai money. eek!

im glad to hear that you love what you remember of it - it's a real compliment coming from someone who lives in a developed country. :) last time i checked the U.S. is about 65-70 years ahead.

hey, i have about 2-3 years of school left then im leaving the U.S. if you ever decide to go then, i'll be more than happy to show you around and provide a place to stay - free of course. i highly recommend Similan Islands - about 5-6 hrs boat ride from Phuket. Gorgeous!

oh, are you a police officer?

and i guess no LAPD here?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top