Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 12:48:21 PM EDT
Just wondering if there is any departments out there who do not have cages in their patrol cars.  My department does not have them and I was just wondering if we were the only ones who were not up to snuff.

[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
In Ohio the state patrol leave the decision up to the troooper if he whishes to have a cage or not. At my dept. all our crusiers have cages.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
None of our dept's cars have cages in them.  Well i guess i can't really say none, there are maybe 2 really old pool cars that never get driven that have them.  We don't need them also.  We have civilians who drive our wagons and transport our prisoners for us.

I'd hardly say our dept isn't up to "snuff" since we don't have cages...
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
all cars have cages plus we have a transport van is we need to load up a bunch
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I work for the state and we do not have anything like a transport van for multiple prisoners.  Also they will only allow us to transport one prisoner.   I usually have one other Troop who can transport one, but needless to say when we have 4 who need to go to jail it is a bit of a hassle, because we always have to call for a local agency to help us transport.  I admit it is not that bad when you just have one person and they are cooperative, but we all know that is not always the way it is.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey man, without a cage and anti-lock brakes, how do you administer "Screen Tests" to nasty, spitting, cussing drunks?  ;)
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 11:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
doorgunner
the only dealings i have had in texas with the dps was in castro county,was caught dead to rights 80 in a 55 went and saw the JP explained my situation and asked him to help me out,he give me a trial deferal,paid the $ and was on my way,have had a few hard times with the law but i have to say was treated real decent in texas and will always remember that,there's nothing like being treated decent!
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top