Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/2/2009 9:38:56 PM EDT
Ladies of ARFCOM I'm curious how WOMEN feel about body hair on guys. I've had many month or less relationships, but the one real relationship I've had, that lasted 13 months, my GF was at first kind of about my body hair, but over time grew to like it, and she claimed it even turned her on because it made me feel like "a man" compared to other guys she had dated her who had a lack of fur. I'm essentially a grizzly bear, I'm 6'5" 205 lbs and almost 19 going into the .mil I'm just curious how important it is to women, and if it's going to put me at a disadvantage? Thanks!

Edit: I figured you ladies would like some pictures to help the decision making process

This one was taken for my ex (Yeah, thats my sexy pose):

And then, the not so good one:

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it depends on the woman/man involved.

I don't normally like hairy, but if I like someone it won't change my opinion of them.

~within reason - if your back hair is coming out of your shirt collar; ect, I am going to say
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Some degree of fuzz is usually expected with a guy but personally I prefer it to be minimal
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it. I think it's sexy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Chest hair=ok
Some back hair=ok
Butt hair=>shave it
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

haha, atleast someone likes me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Chest hair=ok
Some back hair=ok
Butt hair=>shave it

I've got fur from ankle to neck. I've tried shaving it before, takes about an hour just to make my biceps look normal, and the upkeep is about 30 minutes every other day. I've given up on nair and  shaving (never tried waxing). I figure I'll hopefully find a woman who doesn't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Chest hair is nice.

Back hair not so much.
If it gets too long at the shoulders you can wind up with a hair up the nostril at a very disconcerting time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, please.  I find men without hair (including on the back) very effeminate.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#9]
It depends on the woman.  I don't have any back hair, but have a chest like a rug.  The wife says she loves it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Im also hairy and I hate it but thats my personal preference. Now only if laser hair removal was cheaper. But with that im worried it will mess up all my ink ive aquired over the years.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Im also hairy and I hate it but thats my personal preference. Now only if laser hair removal was cheaper. But with that im worried it will mess up all my ink ive aquired over the years.

Thought about doin that, but I know in 10 years laser hair removal will = cancer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Some girls like it, some don't.

I always say (kidding, of course) that girls that don't like at least some chest hair are closet pedos because they want boys, not men.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Some girls like it, some don't.

I always say (kidding, of course) that girls that don't like at least some chest hair are closet pedos because they want boys, not men.

Fer realz.

Apparently many women make that distinction. Others tend to think I'm the missing link. oh well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chest hair=ok
Some back hair=ok
Butt hair=>shave it

I've got fur from ankle to neck. I've tried shaving it before, takes about an hour just to make my biceps look normal, and the upkeep is about 30 minutes every other day. I've given up on nair and  shaving (never tried waxing). I figure I'll hopefully find a woman who doesn't have a problem with it.

Damn dude. You're a wooley mammoth.

And you're 19? Damn, at 30 you're going to look like this:

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chest hair=ok
Some back hair=ok
Butt hair=>shave it

http://www.realworldimage.com/images/photos_med/wolf-boys-people-mexican-international-circus-disease-hair-hairy-abstract_14749.jpg

Ouch. And I doubt it, i'm already balding. It takes me about a week to grow a good full beard of like a quarter inch. I'm not worried about facial hair.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chest hair=ok
Some back hair=ok
Butt hair=>shave it

http://www.realworldimage.com/images/photos_med/wolf-boys-people-mexican-international-circus-disease-hair-hairy-abstract_14749.jpg

Ouch. And I doubt it, i'm already balding. It takes me about a week to grow a good full beard of like a quarter inch. I'm not worried about facial hair.

Aww... I was just kidding bro. Don't worry about it. I got some fur going too, nothing on the back though. In my experience, some chicks dig it, and some will ask you to get rid of it. Most aren't going to go nuts over it and just kick you to the curb. If they actually like you, and aren't totally shallow, they'll find a way to be good with it.

Personally, I don't like the fur and have tried to keep it at bay. I would advise against waxing though. It sucks pretty bad.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#17]

I love hetero-bears and the naturally hair free (love asians). You're all delicious.

However, men who shave body hair are a huge turn off. I hate scraping up my face on a shaved chest. Sweaty shaved chest is sooo gross.
Trimming strategic parts is a good idea though.

Also, as you're enlisting, we now expect sexy uniform pics in the near future.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn dude.  That's some back hair you have goin' on there.  That would be too much for me and I've never before seen bicep hair on a man.  I knew a fellow who shaved his arms (he was a body builder) and it took some getting used to, but it was better than lots of hair.  In all honesty, I could get used to a man with a ton of body hair, but you'd better have a hell of a personality.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
no wonder i can't get a date,  i need to let me back hair grow out

HA! I laughed my ass off. It's such a dick thing to say its funny.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I love hetero-bears and the naturally hair free (love asians). You're all delicious.

However, men who shave body hair are a huge turn off. I hate scraping up my face on a shaved chest. Sweaty shaved chest is sooo gross.
Trimming strategic parts is a good idea though.

Also, as you're enlisting, we now expect sexy uniform pics in the near future.

Don't worry, there's plenty of ACU (or lack there of) goodness coming to the ARFCOM Women's section after I get out of OSUT and have some down time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've been getting laser on more other parts and it works pretty awesomely. Hasn't totally removed everything even after 6 sessions but its made a big enough difference in regrowth that I don't really have to bother with shaving or trimming or whatever if I don't feel like it.

Unfortunately the laser works by discerning the hair from your skin so it's ideal if you're pasty white and your hair is kinda dark. Unfortunately I don't think it would work very well if you have tatoo's. Not sure if it would mess up the tattoo's but the laser probably wouldn't be able to differentiate the hair very well
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#23]
that sux for me then. ive got 18 tats around my body and id hate to ruin my work just to get rid of the hair. maybe ill jest get covered in tats and that will hid the hair sort of
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude, don't even worry about about it.  If you're in a relationship, and a chick dump's you cause of your body hair, she's not the type of chick you want around anyways.

I'm pretty sure chicks now-a-day's don't dig body hair and that might hurt if you're trying for a one night stand type of thing
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

+5 I love the hair on my Hubby.  He used to get his back waxed before we met and now he just leaves it alone except the shoulder and upper back which I shave for him so that they do not poke out of his shirt.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#26]
They wont go over the tattoo and if they happen to hit it by mistake the ink blisters pretty bad.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+5 I love the hair on my Hubby.  He used to get his back waxed before we met and now he just leaves it alone except the shoulder and upper back which I shave for him so that they do not poke out of his shirt.

There's hope yet!

I shave my neck to my hairline, and the part where my neck meets my shoulders.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#28]

WTF?  Next time put some kind of warning in your title....like "Caution: Shirtless Wookie"

Shave that shit and you will get more play.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#29]
damn dude.....you're hairier than me....and I wouldn't have figured you for 19 either

when do you leave and where you heading to?  I'm going to Benning 24JUNE
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 9:00:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm heading to Benning for 11X OSUT on 28 July.

I got a ranger contract. Are you going infantry?

Yeah I'm pretty hairy, I expect the DS will have fun with that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Terra, you give me hope.  I swear, sometimes I think that Sasquatch has got to be somewhere in my family tree
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chest hair=ok
Some back hair=ok
Butt hair=>shave it

A week, eh?  I can get a quarter inch in two days sometimes.  And mine's red, so I can easily get a Redbeard the Pirate or Mountain Man thing going pretty quick.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#33]
BTW Assault-Rifle-City, you sir are braver than me.  My, erm, situation is quite similar to yours.  I don't think I've been too a beach in about 15 years...and I'm 27.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Dude, I go to the beach all the time.

I get laughed at too. I don't really give a shit, anyone shallow enough to laugh at HAIR is not someone I have any interest in dating/befriending/procreating with anyhow.

My friends gimme shit all the time for it, but that's all in good fun etc.

It's all about confidence. If you're confident enough to not give a shit and just walk around without a shirt, and you're a grizzly bear like me, the wimmenz will notice. Believe me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A week, eh?  I can get a quarter inch in two days sometimes.  And mine's red, so I can easily get a Redbeard the Pirate or Mountain Man thing going pretty quick.

Yeah, I've known a lot of guys with red beards who can grow them quite quickly. I shave everyday, but generally if i let it go for a month, i look like a totally different person.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dude, I go to the beach all the time.

I get laughed at too. I don't really give a shit, anyone shallow enough to laugh at HAIR is not someone I have any interest in dating/befriending/procreating with anyhow.

My friends gimme shit all the time for it, but that's all in good fun etc.

It's all about confidence. If you're confident enough to not give a shit and just walk around without a shirt, and you're a grizzly bear like me, the wimmenz will notice. Believe me.

Oh they'll notice alright.  They'll go frakkin' blind....
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#37]

my guy is furry. I love it. Yours really isn't that bad. Mike's is about the same.

I always liked a man with hair on his chest anyway. I make it a rule not to date anyone who spends more time shaving in the shower than I do.
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/19/l_62f2e726f5de4372866d6954f827d488.jpg

my guy is furry. I love it. Yours really isn't that bad. Mike's is about the same.

I always liked a man with hair on his chest anyway. I make it a rule not to date anyone who spends more time shaving in the shower than I do.

I make it a rule to avoid women who shave in the shower.

they always kill my damn razors.

Thanks for the kind words.
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

yup will be there for infantry school and Airborne...right now my ship date is 24 June, trying to get another month at home to help take care of my mom so I may or may not see you there
Link Posted: 5/5/2009 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup will be there for infantry school and Airborne...right now my ship date is 24 June, trying to get another month at home to help take care of my mom so I may or may not see you there

Good luck brother. My thoughts for your mother. I'm busy trying to get them to knock my ship dat down to around the 24 June timeframe. I'm done with school, and I have no reason to sit here for 3 months.

Good luck with your situation though, man.
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I make it a rule to avoid women who shave in the shower.

they always kill my damn razors.

Thanks for the kind words.

That's when you pick up either the DE safety razor (BTW Israeli Persona blades rock), or you go full bore, and get the straight razor.  Watch you woman try to borrow your razor then!  
Link Posted: 5/6/2009 7:25:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck brother. My thoughts for your mother. I'm busy trying to get them to knock my ship dat down to around the 24 June timeframe. I'm done with school, and I have no reason to sit here for 3 months.

Good luck with your situation though, man.

damn it's to bad you don't have the same contract as mine....I'd say lets swap.  I'm supposed to go try to do that with someone here locally.

Thanks brother, good luck to you too and I appreciate you thinking about my mom
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#43]
ARC, I'm gonna hold you to that "lack thereof". And K1, honey, you can play too .

Oh, and OMG, Rangers!1!!

I tried to find the pic of FreeFall_E7 (with the cigar) from the hottest Arfcom guy contest to caption it but I failed.

Mmmmm bear men in uniform.... Can't wait

On the topic of beach bears, it appears to be their natural habitat Baddass beards contest, see Zakk Wylde

And no decent woman would borrow your razor. Seriously. I'm sure if I ever even looked at Mr. Bigeasy's razor too long, he'd sense it, pull me out of the shower and put me outside in a bath towel while he packs my bags. I had a problem with girls trying to borrow my razors so I just bought a big bag of cheap ones so I could let them have one of their very own. I wish I'd thought of the straight razor thing though, I wonder if I could have convinced any girls that it was a good idea .
Link Posted: 5/9/2009 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#44]
ever try the mangroomer  , for the back

Link Posted: 5/9/2009 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I had a stress test on Friday.

I looked the the 40 year old virgin guy after they took off the hair.

I said fuck it... and took off the rest.

Can't wait till it grows back though, itching fun.
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been getting laser on more other parts and it works pretty awesomely. Hasn't totally removed everything even after 6 sessions but its made a big enough difference in regrowth that I don't really have to bother with shaving or trimming or whatever if I don't feel like it.

Unfortunately the laser works by discerning the hair from your skin so it's ideal if you're pasty white and your hair is kinda dark. Unfortunately I don't think it would work very well if you have tatoo's. Not sure if it would mess up the tattoo's but the laser probably wouldn't be able to differentiate the hair very well

Oh sweet! I practically glow in the dark! What's the pain threshold requirement for laser?
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh sweet! I practically glow in the dark! What's the pain threshold requirement for laser?

I am not sure if the laser is the same for hair removal as it is for tattoo removal, but I am getting a tattoo removed and it doesn't hurt bad at all. It kinda tingles a little. If you can withstand a numb foot, you can do this. It hurts less than the tingle in your foot after it falls asleep and you are trying to wake it up.

Link Posted: 5/10/2009 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I can take it on the hoohoo, you can do it on less sensitive parts. It's not bad, barely enough to release happy pain endorphins.
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I can take it on the hoohoo, you can do it on less sensitive parts. It's not bad, barely enough to release happy pain endorphins.

lol...what she said. Every now and then  it feels like getting snapped with a rubber band but it's pretty mild overall and it doesnt take long, at least not for that area.
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ARC, I'm gonna hold you to that "lack thereof". And K1, honey, you can play too .

Oh, and OMG, Rangers!1!!

I tried to find the pic of FreeFall_E7 (with the cigar) from the hottest Arfcom guy contest to caption it but I failed.

Mmmmm bear men in uniform.... Can't wait

On the topic of beach bears, it appears to be their natural habitat Baddass beards contest, see Zakk Wylde

And no decent woman would borrow your razor. Seriously. I'm sure if I ever even looked at Mr. Bigeasy's razor too long, he'd sense it, pull me out of the shower and put me outside in a bath towel while he packs my bags. I had a problem with girls trying to borrow my razors so I just bought a big bag of cheap ones so I could let them have one of their very own. I wish I'd thought of the straight razor thing though, I wonder if I could have convinced any girls that it was a good idea .

I wont disappoint.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top