Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2009 11:17:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#1]

Definitely her fathers daughter.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Curiosity got the better of her, eh?
 Better hope that only goes so far as finding out what calling 911 is like.

Link Posted: 1/4/2009 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I suppose telling her in front of the officers that next time she called 911 she'd have a reason and to practice dialing with her nose probably wouldn't have gone over so well, huh?
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#4]
9 years old girl? Yep it is just starting wait till she is in the 12-14 year old range.

Moma has gotten real good holding prayer meetings around here.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
My 9 yr old kid called 911 many years ago, then hung up.  The sherriff's deputy  came to the door and I answered it and explained what must have happened.  He would not leave until I paraded my wife (just out of the shower) in front of him in a towel with sopping wet hair to verify that I wasn't beating her.

In retrospect, I really think that that was the right way to handle it,   Now getting handcuffed for shooting on private property still pisses me off - that's another story..
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahh yes. . . I remember the days of my sister calling 911 in numerous cities and having to tell many different officers sorry, but thanks for coming out.  A very stern and no nonsene Sgt. in Corpus Christi ended her calling days.  She was also 9 as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, don't worry, two weeks ago my wife did the same thing.  She was showing my 4 year old daughter how to use 911 and ACTUALLY DIALED it and HUNG UP.  The Sheriff Dept shows up to make sure everything was okay.  My wife was embarassed as hell.  I asked her what she thought was going to happen.  She thought she hung up before it would get registered.  Can't beat electrons.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Getting dressed this morning in order to take my mom to lunch. The doorbell rings and my son answers. He calls upstairs "Ummmh. It's kind of important. There's two police officers here."

Seems like my 9 year old daughter has called 911, and then hung up on them when they called back. We apologized profusely, but of course they also needed to talk to her to make sure we weren't beating her or something. Of course, she clammed up because she knew she was in trouble and eventually burst into tears and ran to her room. So by now we're feeling like a couple of child abusers when they leave. We did get her to run out to them and apologize, and they gave her a sticker. Hell - I'd have been happy if they put her in the police car to teach her an even bigger lesson!

It wouldn't be so bad, but she talked about doing that last night, and we read her the riot act at that time and told her to NEVER even THINK about doing that for real.

I can't wait until she's a teenager.

they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Link Posted: 1/4/2009 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Try having a phone number that starts with 910 and having to dial your phone number to get your voice mails.  I have called 911 at least 5 times since having this number and the bad thing is they cannot call back for some reason because we have cable phone.  They have come to the door all of those times.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#11]
punishment??? Threaten her with no cell phone til she is 21...
Definitely daddy's little girl!
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out what punishment I need to dole out that won't involve the cops needing to come back to my place.

Duct tape. Apply liberally.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
maybe a little community service at the police station is in order?    My son when he was 9 called the Fire Department.  The fire trucks came out [he panicked but left the phone off the hook].  The firemen came out [I was in the shower] and after figuring out that nothing was wrong proceeded to give said boy a ride in their truck.    I could have beat them all.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
maybe a little community service at the police station is in order?    My son when he was 9 called the Fire Department.  The fire trucks came out [he panicked but left the phone off the hook].  The firemen came out [I was in the shower] and after figuring out that nothing was wrong proceeded to give said boy a ride in their truck.    I could have beat them all.

smart kid!
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out what punishment I need to dole out that won't involve the cops needing to come back to my place.

chicago has outlawed duct taping kids to the ceiling fan
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure. Outlaw all the fun stuff....politician graft, however....
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure. Outlaw all the fun stuff....politician graft, however....
Wrap them in bubble wrap first then duct tape! Or if she has her own bathroom wrap the toliet bowl in tightly stretch plastic wrap then put the seat back down.

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Wasn't she doing the prank phone calls a few months ago?  she never learned her lesson at that point, and now it's worse.

Sorry to be harsh...but she needs to be severely punished.  It's not a game.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wasn't she doing the prank phone calls a few months ago?  she never learned her lesson at that point, and now it's worse.

If I call 911 and hang up, will you punish me?
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you prefer the paddle or the whip?
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you prefer the paddle or the whip?

Yes please.

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM sent

received and humbly apologized.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh boy.thats going to be an intresting dinner when she brings up the question... do condoms work??
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Any way to get the daughter to a call center where people are calling for help to have her work for a couple 4 hours or so answering phone calls from people in need ?

Maybe then she would understand how busy people who are answering the phones really are and dont need people prank calling and hanging up.

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Tell that next time she does that, tell her to tell the person at the other end that she (your daughter) is just verifying that the 911 service works and that they have the correct address.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#30]
<snicker>
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Tell that next time she does that, tell her to tell the person at the other end that she (your daughter) is just verifying that the 911 service works and that they have the correct address.

[rocky the flying squirrel] Awe jeeze Moose, that shit'll never work! [/rocky the flying squirrel]

The next time she does this, cut out a newspaper article about a fatal accident from the next days newspaper.  Tell her that the person died because they weren't able to get through to 911 because of her call.

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[rocky the flying squirrel] Awe jeeze Moose, that shit'll never work! [/rocky the flying squirrel]

The next time she does this, cut out a newspaper article about a fatal accident from the next days newspaper.  Tell her that the person died because they weren't able to get through to 911 because of her call.

Oh, yea, right!!!  The fucking bills for a life time of therapy will be worth MANY MANY Evil guns....
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#33]
damn, double tap....
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Make her handload 500 rounds of 5.56 with a Lee Classic Loader.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Happens all the time. We're used to it.

I'm always glad when it turns out to be just a false alarm. Usually it's the little kid calling to report Daddy is beating the crap out of Mommy.

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 4:43:00 AM EDT
[#37]

The schadenfreude is strong here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Happens all the time. We're used to it.

I'm always glad when it turns out to be just a false alarm. Usually it's the little kid calling to report Mommy is beating the crap out of Daddy.

I fixed your statement for this particular case.

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, yea, right!!!  The fucking bills for a life time of therapy will be worth MANY MANY Evil guns....

SSS.  Cheaper than therapist bills and less commuting.

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snicker>
Why hello there, sweetheart...

Where you been, and how is that worthless husband of yours?

Sehr gut, danke!  I'm lurking around as usual, but thought this was too good to pass up.  The Mr. is as good/bad as always.  He's going  to Shot Show, so I'm sure I'll be really broke after that!  Anyway, glad to hear the kiddo is keeping you on your toes!
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Forgive me if this was asked, but didn't your wife catch her calling some random number and leaving her name and address to your home?  

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Z, the solution is simple.  Give your daughter two gifts.  A cell phone and a new puppy.  The rules are she must keep both of them with her at all times.  

When she uses the cell phone to dial 911 and hang up, they will track her down.  The shock of losing the puppy will cure her of her dialing habit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Z, the solution is simple.  Give your daughter two gifts.  A cell phone and a new puppy.  The rules are she must keep both of them with her at all times.  

When she uses the cell phone to dial 911 and hang up, they will track her down.  The shock of losing the puppy will cure her of her dialing habit.

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Bless your heart. She is just getting warmed up.

My 13 yo was shopping with her dad and she wanted something. He said no. She very calmly stated that he HAD to.
She has a reputation to maintain! He asked what reputation that was... She stated "of getting anything i want from you"

Daddy beware.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How much did you put on when you got out of the shower to investigate? Thats probably why he got the ride in the fire engine.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Getting dressed this morning in order to take my mom to lunch. The doorbell rings and my son answers. He calls upstairs "Ummmh. It's kind of important. There's two police officers here."

Seems like my 9 year old daughter has called 911, and then hung up on them when they called back. We apologized profusely, but of course they also needed to talk to her to make sure we weren't beating her or something. Of course, she clammed up because she knew she was in trouble and eventually burst into tears and ran to her room. So by now we're feeling like a couple of child abusers when they leave. We did get her to run out to them and apologize, and they gave her a sticker. Hell - I'd have been happy if they put her in the police car to teach her an even bigger lesson!

It wouldn't be so bad, but she talked about doing that last night, and we read her the riot act at that time and told her to NEVER even THINK about doing that for real.

I can't wait until she's a teenager.

my brother done somthing like that when he was younger.lol
accept they didin't come by they called back.lol
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Update:

Time to switch back to "heightened alert mode".

So.... time to take some of the duct tape off her hands so she's able to hold a phone again?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top