Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:41:21 PM EDT
It is rare I click with men, maybe since the career path I am taking is to HIGH RISK and others are just blown away about girls shooting guns and 'aren't to cool with that'. I never thought it would be an issue but lately it has.

Anyway, a friend of mine in Saudi Arabia who has few more days left on his contract (and is very good looking but distance is an issue) messaged me today to say...

"You inspired me to buy a tactical shotgun"
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Get out of my dreams and into my ammo fort!
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

After I read your reply I totally had Billy Ocean singing that in my head!
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried it with the wife, it didnt work

are you looking for a sugar D van I'm ammo rich
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Would that be a Taxman brand ammo fort?
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would that be a Taxman brand ammo fort?

I call it Fort Federal.
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is rare I click with men, maybe since the career path I am taking is to HIGH RISK and others are just blown away about girls shooting guns and 'aren't to cool with that'. I never thought it would be an issue but lately it has.

Anyway, a friend of mine in Saudi Arabia who has few more days left on his contract (and is very good looking but distance is an issue) messaged me today to say...

Man, where are the local men that are like that?

What a woman!
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a woman!

I mean , if he bought 2 and handed one over I wouldn't object! I would make the worst wife, drive us into bankruptcy with gun buying (have to leave NYC first!)
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Knowing how insane the gun laws are in NYC, with you being a gun-girl I have absolutely no idea why you choose to live there...

Target-rich environment maybe?
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LMAO!!!

+1
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 7:00:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Knowing how insane the gun laws are in NYC, with you being a gun-girl I have absolutely no idea why you choose to live there...

Target-rich environment maybe?

hahahah Well it pays more than I would ever make in Florida so that was a big factor. Salary. I didn't know how bad it was UNTIL after I moved, happened so fast and well we'll see where I end up next.  For now this is home and I love it besides the laws.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#12]
haha, welcome to "our" world of hopes and dreams!! Just once I would love to hear the new girlyfriend say...7.62 is on sale at the gunshop, you should go buy a couple thousand rounds!

Link Posted: 6/27/2008 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow...wouldn't THAT be cool!
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 6:57:02 AM EDT
[#14]
V - my thought is we're just as rare as women like you.  Men are surprised (and antis offended) by you because you're unique.  (Very).  Add in the testosterone factor (the dudes who ARE gun-friendly lean a bit toward the sexist side), it's not surprising.  You're obviously a unique and special individual.  Shouldn't it be natural that finding like-minded individuals might be difficult?

Link Posted: 6/28/2008 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#15]
We were in a discussion the other day, and I was commenting about how if I said someone didn't "need" something (a crother rocket motorcycle, I think it was) that I would be a hypocrite because they would say I don't "need" all my firearms....

She said, "oh yes, you DO need them!"

Goil of my dreams, I tell ya!

But you really need to get outta NY to find a compatible guy...  I know of a few around here that would love to find someone that loves to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]

But you really need to get outta NY to find a compatible guy...  I know of a few around here that would love to find someone that loves to shoot.

Most states I hate though, place I like have shitty gun laws. Sticking it out for now. might work in Vegas next year though
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm surprised by how few women actually like to shoot, though..or I dunno what you'd call it. I mean, I know a lot of women who like to shoot, but have no idea how to disassemble their gun, or want to take classes or go to the range besides with a spouse or whatever. It's like fishing with someone else putting on your bait and taking off the fish..its not really fishing. So I dont think men are necessarily sexist..its just something completely out of their realm of experience.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm sexist. I want to sexist all wimminz.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#19]
High risk?

Link Posted: 6/28/2008 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
High risk?

Executive Protection
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Your tats double as woodland camoflauge.  If that's not a selling point for a single woman I don't know what is.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
High risk?

Executive Protection

Is that pic of you in your user info from way back when you just got started into guns or something?

Link Posted: 6/28/2008 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
High risk?

Executive Protection

Is that pic of you in your user info from way back when you just got started into guns or something?

recent
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#24]
you realize that you could take a job in houston, at 50 percent of the salary in NYC, and still come out ahead.

living expenses down here are dirt cheap, especially if you live in the burbs..

how old are ya

Link Posted: 7/3/2008 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I have no problems with NY gun laws ...... I think they are great infact ...... keeps me from wanting to go there every day.  AND helps me keep away from my ex wife, I know its a big state and all but no matter how big it is I know some how some way I would run into her.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Your tats double as woodland camoflauge.  If that's not a selling point for a single woman I don't know what is.  

hahahaha
best thing I have heard all day
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Tattooed AND loves guns!  If only I weren't married already!
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tattooed AND loves guns!  If only I weren't married already!

+1
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a woman!

I mean , if he bought 2 and handed one over I wouldn't object! I would make the worst wife, drive us into bankruptcy with gun buying (have to leave NYC first!)

I just got one of the MSAR STG-556's trust me I know how to spend money haha.  Days like these I'm glad I'm single.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
In New York!? Huh... By all appearances you are brighter than that.

Ever consider a move to an area with better chances?

On Edit:
In NYC, no less.
I know a lot of people actually LIKE that city.
I guess it's OK to visit, though you could not pay me enough to live there. Way too many rats in that cage!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Every day! I am from South Florida but not sure I can go back there, burned out on it but I do miss it at times. I am mapping out stuff but work does keep me here for now... story of my life!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

On Edit:
In NYC, no less.
I guess it's OK to visit, though you could not pay me enough to live there. Way too many rats in that cage!

NYC isnt that bad ...... on visiting with the ex wifes family living in Brooklyn there are things that I do miss about being up there ...... one being able to go get warm bread then off to the deli to get still warm roast beast and fresh mozz balls.  Two being able to call anyone I saw on the street a f'ing eff and just being thought of one of the locals.  You can get ANYTHING delivered, at ANY time of day or night ( even McD's if thats what you want).

Downsides that I found, its confusing as hell as to what day you can park on what side of the street and IF you can even get close to where you live.  ALL the streets are straight, there are no twisties or anything like that to go cruise when you need to go out and just jump on the brakes, throw it into a corner downshift and power out of the corner to the next one.  You could get called a fing eff just walking down the street for no reason.  And last but not least ..... too many got dang people in too small of a space.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Well Id love to take you shooting. Youre cute to boot love guns. Yeah def could be fun
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On Edit:
In NYC, no less.

NYC isnt that bad ...... on visiting with the ex wifes family living in Brooklyn there are things that I do miss about being up there ...... one being able to go get warm bread then off to the deli to get still warm roast beast and fresh mozz balls.  Two being able to call anyone I saw on the street a f'ing eff and just being thought of one of the locals.  You can get ANYTHING delivered, at ANY time of day or night ( even McD's if thats what you want).

Downsides that I found, its confusing as hell as to what day you can park on what side of the street and IF you can even get close to where you live.  ALL the streets are straight, there are no twisties or anything like that to go cruise when you need to go out and just jump on the brakes, throw it into a corner downshift and power out of the corner to the next one.  You could get called a fing eff just walking down the street for no reason.  And last but not least ..... too many got dang people in too small of a space.

Yes you do become very VERY spoiled living here. about 20 different types of food on each block ;) Things I do like here but things I could care less about at the same time. It's tough to leave, trust me I am there right now but know i will be happier if I do. I guess I am getting old, I want a Kimber, few ARs and a beach!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:52:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every day! ...  but.....
You appear to be a person who isn't afraid of making a leap or two, to make changes that put things in your life that you want.

What do you do for work? Chances are pretty good that at least one other area has the job base you're in. The Texas coast has beaches, and Houston has big city amenities for those who rely on them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'm surprised by how few women actually like to shoot, though..or I dunno what you'd call it. I mean, I know a lot of women who like to shoot, but have no idea how to disassemble their gun, or want to take classes or go to the range besides with a spouse or whatever. It's like fishing with someone else putting on your bait and taking off the fish..its not really fishing. So I dont think men are necessarily sexist..its just something completely out of their realm of experience.

Barbara, if you're not an firearm instructor you should get into that line of work.  If this new relationship works out I'm sending my girl for you to teach!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#38]
You know they really luv ya when they want ya to be the queen of their double wide trailer ammo fort.  

I think texas_mustang_01 proposed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You know they really luv ya when they want ya to be the queen of their double wide trailer ammo fort.  

I think texas_mustang_01 proposed.

Hey Baby.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#40]
OMG!!!!

I can't believe people in the United States actually live like that!

I hope that is simply some sort of strange satire or something.

Can't be real...
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
..... (have to leave NYC first!)

That would be at the top of MY list too, if I were you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top