Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2008 5:34:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
GoGOP and Martini-butt let their love for each other shine through in every post they made.  My heart breaks for GoGOP and his son.  I will continue to pray for God to comfort this family now and in the difficult days to come.  

IM inbound, SP1.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry to say I had never heard of Martinibutt until the other day.

I take it she posted mostly in the Women's Forum?

She sounds like a wonderful person. I've added GoGop and their son to my prayers and put up my "memorial" avatar in her honor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Those wanting to make a difference in GoGop's future can visit this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=681788&page=1'

Let this be an ARFCOM firemission and really make a difference in GoGop's life.

1 dollar, 10 dollars............anything will help.
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]

GoGop, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.....
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the guestbook and obituary from the funeral home. GoGop mentioned the funeral home and dates and I did a little searching.

obit.schrader.com/obitdisplay.html?id=513140&listing=Current

The family is in my prayers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Danny
Link Posted: 3/13/2008 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, Martinibutt - she didn't post anywhere near enough but I loved every post she made.  GoGop you, your son and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Patty
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 3:08:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't been posting a lot, and just found this thread.

Thank you all for your kindness; I appreciate it more than you know.
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I haven't been posting a lot, and just found this thread.

Thank you all for your kindness; I appreciate it more than you know.

How are you and your son doing?
Link Posted: 4/3/2008 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Brad seems to be handling it really well, at least outwardly. I know he's hurting inside, but his primary concern seems to be with me. I still break down a few times per week, so he watches me anytime he sees something that he thinks is going to get me going. He tries to comfort me, and I feel worse for him having to feel that way.
I can't talk about it much or I'll break down again........

Brad's doing well in school, and got caught up with the work he'd missed very quickly. Since we had that flood episode and the washer and dryer fried, I'm getting a washer/dryer and having it put in the kitchen since I don't do well with steps. A good friend from church came over today and started running the pipes to accomodate the new location. He got the drain completed, and is about 50% done with the copper supply lines. It was getting too late, so he's coming back tomorrow to finish it up.
 It's going to be great to have that in, because I already have three baskets of laundry waiting to be done. I took most of it and headed to a laundromat where they did drop-off service, but the place is a title search company now.  Our dirty laundry now resides in Linda's minivan. I should be caught up by Monday night if nothing else interferes.

Oh yeah! The urologist's office called today with my PSA results, and it's still less than 0.01, which means I'm cancer free for four years now. It can always come back of course, but so far I'm still clear.

Thank you for the concern, and I'll try to update more often. I still feel like I'm running on empty.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, another big deal tonight, at least to me. I made a decision today, got everything ready and for the first time since she died I'm going to sleep in our bed instead of on the couch. The pillows and everything were exactly as she'd left them when we left for the hospital, and it was difficult for me to move them. I hope I can sleep tonight, but I think it's time to do this.

Good night ladies, and thanks for listening to my babbling.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 2:44:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I slept well, but Pedro (our Chiuahua) decided to crowd me like he used to do Linda. One of the times I was flipping over he was right next to me under the covers, and started growling at me. I slapped him in the face pretty good, and he chilled out.
It went well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#13]
baby steps gogop. You're making them and each one should get easier.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Pedro - what a great name for a chihuahua! Too funny. Hopefully he gets out of the habit of crowding ya. Good to see you doing some healing. Hang in there, stop by again soon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I boxed up all the clothes from her dresser and vanity today. Mostly sweaters, shirts Capri pants etc., but also the teddies, garters thongs and a couple bustierres. I have a little pile of clothes I'm keeping.
 So many memories while going that stuff; things she wore to different places we went, various smells of perfume/cologne that apparently don't wash out etc. I was able to smile at the memories this time, rather than fall apart. I hope I can do that more often now.

Thanks ladies.

EDIT - Oh yeah! There was also a stack of cards and letters I'd given her, starting back when we were first getting together. One was in reponse to when I'd first given her a key to my place, and she'd told me she wanted to come in and surprise me some morning but afraid she'd get shot. The letter I wrote started out with "If you want to surprise me, go ahead and do it. You won't get shot." That's love right there, baby.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
It never gets easy, but it does get easier. Hopefully, sharing here will help with that as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#17]
It does help to post here. I still don't feel like carrying on conversations very often, but when I feel like saying something I can post it and them receive and make replies. It allows me to say stuff without going blank in the middle of a discussion.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, we are here for you. I didn't know MartiniButt, but I have lost loved ones so I can relate, even though I won't pretend to know what you are going through...
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It does help to post here. I still don't feel like carrying on conversations very often, but when I feel like saying something I can post it and them receive and make replies. It allows me to say stuff without going blank in the middle of a discussion.

if that is what helps you, than you know where to do it

Link Posted: 4/13/2008 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I boxed up all the clothes from her dresser and vanity today. Mostly sweaters, shirts Capri pants etc., but also the teddies, garters thongs and a couple bustierres. I have a little pile of clothes I'm keeping.
 So many memories while going that stuff; things she wore to different places we went, various smells of perfume/cologne that apparently don't wash out etc. I was able to smile at the memories this time, rather than fall apart. I hope I can do that more often now.

Thanks ladies.

EDIT - Oh yeah! There was also a stack of cards and letters I'd given her, starting back when we were first getting together. One was in reponse to when I'd first given her a key to my place, and she'd told me she wanted to come in and surprise me some morning but afraid she'd get shot. The letter I wrote started out with "If you want to surprise me, go ahead and do it. You won't get shot." That's love right there, baby.

Thats what you will have to do is remember the good times you guys had together.  Keep a few things with her scent to help you remember, like her pillow, clothes, perfumes that she wore etc.  It is good that you are starting to be able to go through her things and reminisce instead of fall apart.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2008 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#21]
D_C,,
   I knew this was the place to go. You ladies are the best.

G_W,  
   Brad saved a couple of his favorites of her perfume, and I saved mine (which is Britney - Curious). Cody Wild Musk was my other one, but she was out of it. I also went to the laundry hamper and rescued the dress she wore to the dance, and put it in a Zip-Lok bag. It still smells like she did the last time I held her. (Which was gooooooood).
 I have a tape from when she was on the radio talking to Steve and DC ( a couple morning show guys) and I just made a copy to give Linda's mom. She doesn't have many pictures or recordings on of Linda, so I'm gradually copying things for her.

Typo
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Brad and I went and arranged for her headstone yesterday. It's going to be highly polished jet black granite, and will lie flat on the ground. There's going to be a recessed circle in the middle where I'm going to place an 8" stone mortar and pestle, and just below that will be a picture of her on a ceramic oval that's about 4"x 6".

She was very proud of being a Certified Pharmacy Technician IV, so that's the theme we chose.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#23]
If you'd like to hear her voice....

Several years ago Linda called the Steve + DC Show to request that Steve sing "Cool Change" for her birthday, and he did. Shortly after he finished she called in to the show, and here's how that went.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top