Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 8:45:30 PM EDT
 I am trying to solve a problem.  My husband realy, realy wants a certain gun that he has seen over the weekend.  I would like to get it for him for a suprise christmas gift, but money is a little tight.  The gun is priced fairly and I know that there is at least one other person looking at it that is going to come in this week and decide.  If you would like more information you can email me.  I am trying to be vague so as not to draw his attention since he is also on ar15.com at the moment.  
 Anyway I would like to know if there are any ideas from fellow women shooters on how I might be able to save, find, or some how come up with a way to get this for him.  I have considered trading but everything I own of value was a gift from my husband.  I am at somewhat of a standstill in my ideas.
 [thinking][smash]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#1]
layaway

credit card  (nasty buy now, pay later piece of plastic that always results in an inflated price on the object once you include the interest you pay)

some other form of financing, if the gun shop has that kind of thing

sell your body on the street.  okay, no, scratch that one.  i's just kidding.  [;)]

just how much are you trying to come up with? (you can answer that in email if you'd like)  and you could always do the picture of it and tell him you'll have it when you get the money saved up.  we do that a lot in my family.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Use Caution when giving a firearm as a gift.  Most gun stores will not return a firearm for a refund......................I personally have seen a couple in tears because of the policy of the store I worked for.  The sale form had the policy high lighted with a signature underneath.

Doug

PS. Good Forum Idea.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I can only speak for myself, but if my wife were to do the generous thing you've described, I don't think I could ever really enjoy the gun.

Knowing that you gave up some of your things would mean a lot to me, but at the same time, the thought of what you gave up would bother me everytime I went to the range.

Your husband is a lucky man. Talk to him about this, and between the two of you, you might find a way to get it for him. My .02
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Use Caution when giving a firearm as a gift.  Most gun stores will not return a firearm for a refund......................I personally have seen a couple in tears because of the policy of the store I worked for.  The sale form had the policy high lighted with a signature underneath.

Doug

PS. Good Forum Idea.  
View Quote

My husband has already shot the gun and looked it over carefully.  We know the owner of the store, and I am positive that he would like to see my husband with this gun.  There was also another customer looking at the gun who was supposed to come in sometime this week and decide.  I have a few tricks I can use [;)] to guarantee that it will be available for me.  

Another plus is that once my husband gets another gun he will relinquish one of his to my possesion.  That is not my motivation, but I know he would like to see me with one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top