Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto, Hear Hear!!

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmm...I guess. Do we really need gender seperation?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:32:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Good  going Goatboy! Actually not seperation  but a place to discuss issues  pertaining to women starting or just hanging out in the shooting  sports.
The General section is a free for all, and while often quite amusing, weneed a better place to talk serious. And yes some guys can have to  much off the locker room  talk.
I personally love this idea as I am trying to get several friends, thathappen to be women interestedin shooting. Now I can say go to AR15.com and they have a place for questions.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Not free from men, just BS, my wife learned to shoot with my 1911, when we went to herr cousin and met her father  in law, old NC family, he only thought women could shoot .22s,  refused to believe she could shoot a 1911. Any others with similar experience?
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hmmmm...I guess. Do we really need gender seperation?
View Quote

ditto.

not to mention the absolute lack of of a need for moderators in this forum.  hell, there's all of what...maybe 8 of us now?  a dozen at the most?  [;D]

don't get me wrong, i hope the numbers grow, but....
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think GoatBoy's intention here was to separate the women, but to give us a place to discuss guns free from the bullsh@t in the general forum.  The testosterone levels do tend to get a little high in the general forum.  

Personally, I don't have a problem with it, but many women are not as thick skinned as the rest of us are.  Maybe the name should be changed from Women Shooters to Serious Discussion Only or No Funny Business or something like that, if you feel it will tend to isolate us from the rest of the group.  It's not like we HAVE to stay in the women's forum.  We can still discuss anything we want, anywhere we want.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Will this forum be shut down once a month due to, uuuummmmm, issues ???
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/nogood.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#13]
if you want wild out of control, you can go to general discussion
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I appreciate the gesture and enjoy the idea of a home away from home, and even though I'm new I do have a couple of reservations.  Will it be a place of ridicule for the big bad wolves to beat up on the little sheep or will it be a place women and men alike, can come speak their minds on intelligent topics?  I hesitate to sound in any way negative, but isn't that the state of our world today??  How will the riffraff be extracted??
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 3:30:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I appreciate the gesture and enjoy the idea of a home away from home, and even though I'm new I do have a couple of reservations.  Will it be a place of ridicule for the big bad wolves to beat up on the little sheep or will it be a place women and men alike, can come speak their minds on intelligent topics?  I hesitate to sound in any way negative, but isn't that the state of our world today??  How will the riffraff be extracted??
View Quote

With ARLady as our Mod, there is no need to worry about any riffraff! Smart money would be on her,LOL. Isaw her in action and she can speak for me anytime!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:11:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully the Big BAd Wolves will stay howling at the door. Although I do like wolves, did you know that they mate once and are faithful?
But for rifraff, maybe a test to get in here, such as the riddle of the Spinx?
As for seriuosness, my wife does not like my Glock 233, hates the trigger, I was thinking of the 3.5 lb spring, to get her used to it. I keep the regular one as it is  my off duty weapon. Any  of you have any input?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Wind: Don has 5.5lbs trigger. He had his connecter changed instead of the spring to a 3.5lbs. I still prefer the standard 5.5 trigger.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Ok my friend is an Glock armour, I am tryingto get  her on this board
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
With ARLady as our Mod, there is no need to worry about any riffraff! Smart money would be on her,LOL. Isaw her in action and she can speak for me anytime!
View Quote

thanks.  but where were you on the "vote for your favorite mod!" thread.  [:D]

i'm still undecided on this forum.  i see both some pros and cons.  but i'm willing to make this work and i'll try hard to learn more so i can be more of a help.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As for seriuosness, my wife does not like my Glock 233, hates the trigger, I was thinking of the 3.5 lb spring, to get her used to it. I keep the regular one as it is  my off duty weapon. Any  of you have any input?
View Quote

whoa!  glock is in three digits now!  dang.  where have i been?  

have her try and shoot taurus's PT111 and she'll fall in love with the glock trigger.  [:D]  (can we say 10+lb. trigger pull?)

how is she going to get used to the 5.5 lb trigger if she's practicing on the 3.5?  or did i misunderstand your statement?

personally, i don't like too light triggers.  of course, too far the other way can be just as bad if not worse.  i know it's not the full size in .40 but could the gun's dimensions be hindering her ability to pull the trigger smoothly?

or my favorite suggestion:  new gun!!!!!!  perhaps a revolver.  what other guns has she had experience with?  what did she like?  dislike?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

thanks.  but where were you on the "vote for your favorite mod!" thread.  [:D]

i'm still undecided on this forum.  i see both some pros and cons.  but i'm willing to make this work and i'll try hard to learn more so i can be more of a help.
View Quote

Hey, I chimed in there,LOL. I also see some pro's and cons in a segregated forum. I hadn't run into any problems in the main one untill my "bimbo alarm" went off there for a bit. ( it was just about at the same time yours did,[:D])
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hey, I chimed in there,LOL. I also see some pro's and cons in a segregated forum. I hadn't run into any problems in the main one untill my "bimbo alarm" went off there for a bit. ( it was just about at the same time yours did,[:D])
View Quote

sorry.  i couldn't seem to hear yours over the incessant ringing of mine at decibel levels OSHA requires hear protection for.  

i fired off an email explaining my posts to her.  doubt i'll hear back.  of course, i probably wasn't as nice as i could be....
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#24]
LOL, big hands make typing treachous. I want her to be comfortable with the Glock. I got her a HI Power, so she would give me back my 1911, She doesn't like my revolvers, a Colt .357, with a sweet as glass trigger, it is older than her, they don't make them like that anymore, a Colt Detective Special 3rd generation. So far she has shot a dozen different guns that we have
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

sorry.  i couldn't seem to hear yours over the incessant ringing of mine at decibel levels OSHA requires hear protection for.  

i fired off an email explaining my posts to her.  doubt i'll hear back.  of course, i probably wasn't as nice as i could be....
View Quote

Whatever you wrote worked, she's been MIA ever since! It really does tick me off when these females come into a predominant male forum to fire up the guys. I don't post much but I have learned alot here. I would like to continue to do that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top