Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2006 7:18:14 AM EDT
Our Daughter  Amy is leaving today and traveling to Italy for 10 days with her HS symphony orchestra. They are performing in Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan. This is the 1st time in 25 years that we won't have a child in the house. She left this morning, had to attend a few classes and they are on their way to the airport. It's just the MRS. & myself and we miss her already! She is graduating HS 1 year early and attending college in the fall. Gotta case of the empty nest syndrome. I wouldn't normally post anything in the Ladies forum but I wasn't going to post this in the GD.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sort of the same feeling you get when the youngest starts Kindergarten.

Then after about an hour, you're dancing around the house with a cocktail.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:28:26 AM EDT
[#2]
We went through the empty nest syndrome briefly after son left for Iraq. Only difference is we had a couple of months where it was just us, then his ex-girlfriend needed a place to live. (it is okay with him.) We wouldn't have done it if it wasn't, then his best friend where he was staying the kids didn't want him there and he literally has no family, so we took him in.
Enjoy the time together while you can.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sort of the same feeling you get when the youngest starts Kindergarten.

Then after about an hour, you're dancing around the house with a cocktail.

You PROMISED you wouldn't tell on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww Bob...enjoy it...I mean the house...like BEFORE you had kids

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes we'll certainly enjoy being alone!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
As soon as I got married and moved out, my parents promptly replaced my pictures with pictures of the dog.

Enjoy!  And don't worry about her, she'll be fine!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
As soon as I got married and moved out, my parents promptly replaced my pictures with pictures of the dog.

Enjoy!  And don't worry about her, she'll be fine!

hell mine haven't waited for that, there more pictures of my moms dogs than there are of me, my bro & sis on the walls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top