Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 2:26:26 PM EDT
I bought a Springfield XD9 so I could teach my wife how to shoot. We have a family day at the range about once a month where me and the boys would go and shoot off a few hundred rounds on the rifles. I decided it was time to have a gun in the house for home defense so I bought the springfield. Today was the third time for her to shoot and let me tell you this! She shoots damned well for not ever handling a firearm in her life!
Now if I can only get her to shoot the AR ;)

BTW...on the way home from the range, she looked over at me and said "You need to buy more guns"

w00t!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
woot!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:02:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#4]
It's an evil cycle..

We started out with ONE... My Glcok .17 for my protection (someone tried breaking in).  That was almost 6 years and so many freaking guns i cannot count em! ago!  Some of which were my christmas presents that I have yet to shoot!! he
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Awesome!  Now just get her shooting the AR.  Better yet, build one for her! hr

I've tried and tried to get her to shoot the AR but she prefers the Savage .22
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's an evil cycle..

:The evil cycle started when she said "You need to buy more guns"

We started out with ONE... My Glcok .17 for my protection (someone tried breaking in).  That was almost 6 years and so many freaking guns i cannot count em! ago!  Some of which were my christmas presents that I have yet to shoot!! he
:I still love the MP-5 but the AR I shot at a class is definately
growing on me... especially with the groupings I had!!!!hr

The AR will always be my 1st love at the range <G>
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats great!  I took my girlfriend to shoot rifles and pistols and it was the first time she had ever shot a gun.  At first she was scared of the AR because its evil looking.  After convincing her to try it she was standing and hitting milk jugs full of water at 100yds!  I was impressed she did so well for her first time to ever shoot, and now the AR is her favorite gun!  I told her she can shoot mine whenever she wants until I build her one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:30:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thats great!  I took my girlfriend to shoot rifles and pistols and it was the first time she had ever shot a gun.  At first she was scared of the AR because its evil looking.  After convincing her to try it she was standing and hitting milk jugs full of water at 100yds!  I was impressed she did so well for her first time to ever shoot, and now the AR is her favorite gun!  I told her she can shoot mine whenever she wants until I build her one.

Better start building now. You exposed her to the Black Rifle Disease and the only cure is a new AR and lots of ammo
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#10]
First off be happy your wife like to shoot! Mine is a fair shot with her 45 acp. But the bad guys do not want her to get to the shotgun. She is wicked!
About that EVIL BLACK AR..... Buy the conversion kit to 22 LR. After shooting that for a while she may want to shoot longer distances. Sense you and the boys will be doing so. She will not want to be left out of that fun!!
I have one for my colt 45 acp. Best gun money I every spent.

PITA45

THE DOWNSIDE RISK OF PREPAREDNESS IS ZERO!!!

WHERE AS THE DOWNSIDE RISK OF NOT BEING PREPARED IS IMMEASURABLE!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top