Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 2:11:17 AM EDT
LilGH is a stubborn little guy so he isn't potty trained fully yet. (Turned 3 on 3/4/06) I am working Thursday and Friday at one of the local gunshops all day now and my sister watches him while I work. Gives us both a break from our daily humdrum lives.
So the other day LilGH is out playing in the yard with my sister kicking the ball around. She notices him grabbing himself like little boys do when they have to go and asks him "Do you have to go potty?"
He looks at her all serious and tells her  "You wait right here a minute."
She waits and he walks off behind a tree, pulls his pants down and pees. She said it was pretty funny and wishes she had her camara. I roll my eyes thinking to myself "Like Father like son."
It is rather funny though because I don't think he has ever seen Daddy do that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
He's a boy: the world IS his bathroom.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Such a little man!!

(and yet more proof that men ARE born that way)

I have the joys of potty training to come, I found it much easier to PT my girls than my son, so we'll see how that goes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
yet another reason i dont have kids  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
 When I was potty training William - just when he stopped wearing a diaper and was wearing training pants [this was before the pull up technology!] we were in the grocery store and I notice Will doing the happy dance.  "Potty Mommy"  The store was on the coast and it was rather dingy so I didn't want to take a chance on bringing him to the store's bathroom if I couldn't help it so I said to him "Can't you hold it for a little while hon?"  He nodded and I raced to the check out line where I noticed Will holding his tally wacker for all its worth!  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a six year old son, G-Man.
One day we made the hr's drive from DC home, and he had to PEE!
I  pulled in the driveway, e bailed as we came to a stop.
He hauled it for the oak tree 10 feet from the front door, and watered the tree, before I could get to the front door.  It seems he isn't the only boy around with a natural instinct to whiz where he stands.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

HAHA!!! D-C but you DO have them!!!
I have a friend who loves hearing the stories about my sons' torture of their parents...when I am done telling her of my latest "trying time" she always sighs and says sagely, "That's why my kids are in my ovaries...RIGHT WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
When my boy was potty training years and years ago, I used to praise him when he used the toilet.  I would clap my hands and say, "Yay, David!  Good job!"  The only problem was that when I was using the facilities, as soon as I flushed the toilet I would hear this little voice outside the bathroom door . . . "Yay mommy!  Good job!"  Which was fine, unless we had company.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAHA!!! D-C but you DO have them!!!
I have a friend who loves hearing the stories about my sons' torture of their parents...when I am done telling her of my latest "trying time" she always sighs and says sagely, "That's why my kids are in my ovaries...RIGHT WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#9]
My in-laws have a wood "fort" in the back yard (basically a 4ft high platform with side rails, a ladder, and a slide).  One day last summer while the boys were playing on the fort, my wife looked out the kitchen window and saw my three oldest standing on the rails, each on a corner, seeing who could pee the farthest.  They were 6, 5, and 4 at the time.

Oh, and MrsG, we were lucky if we got our boys fully potty trained by the time they were 3 and a half.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:11:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My lil man is 3 now as of 3/25 and it's been a chore so far.  One week is great, the next is like starting all over again.  The kicker is, when he is at daycare/pre-school, he does great.  I go to pick him up and the gal that watches him smiles and says "dry diaper all DAY!" in her sickening happy giggly voice
Then...on the 10minute drive home he proceeds to lay a thermonuclear stink bomb in his drawers Saved it for me

Rewards seem to be the best for him so far.  M&M's everytime he goes in the toilet, bonus points for droppin the load in there as well.

that's funny. We were gone all weekend. The lil guy stayed with Grandpa on Sunday while we were doing the gun show and I told Grandpa he will not tell you when he has to pee. You have to take him every couple of hours. I guess all day he told Grandpa when he had to go. Grandpa also told me "The kid must be constipated, he hasn't shit all day" Well the 2 hour drive home must have worked it loose. I had a diaper full to change when we got home. He was still dry though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#12]
My 2yo boy is mostly trained.  Have him in pull ups at night.

He figgered out peeing by watching me.  going poopie was more of a battle of wills.  He started using "poopy" as an excuse to not goto bed, so I made him sit on the toilet for an hour and a half one night....he finally went.  Got the wife up and we had ice cream to celebrate.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#13]
When my daughters were little, a bunch of kids were here playing. They all decided that they had to "go", and I herded the lot of them into the bathroom. Two boy cousins went first, and my daughter Kate watched intently. Then she looked at me and asked "Why do Jason and Philip have those pull-out things?"

They've been "Pull-out Things" in our family ever since.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Today, my son (who is not yet being potty trained) told me that he was a puppy, puppy's pee outside on the ground, and proceeded to try to take off his pants... um in the house!  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#15]
My daughter is *ahem* strong-willed and while she would pee in the toilet, poopin' was a whole 'nother issue.

So I'd make her run around with no underpants (in a long dress) and she would pee in the toilet but hold and hold and hold the poo...

Until she was squatting to pick up something and "ungh!" out it would come, wherever she was.  Then she'd freak out.

I went through a looooot of carpet cleaner in those days.  However, once we got over the power struggle, she was trained - including overnight, 9+ hours - in about one week.

Kids're funny that way.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Maybe DC has a point....

/me notes the date and time for future blackmailing    

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:11:28 AM EDT
[#21]
He has done it again. He came into the house tugging on his pants. The Mr and I looked at him and asked what the problem was. "I need my pants undone". So I unbuttoned his pants, he proceeds back outside, walks up to the tree in our front yard and drops his pants and proceeds to pee on the tree. I just stood in the door and laughed. We live in a very quiet neighborhood and no one was out.  I actually look at this as a good thing. At least he is telling me when he has to go.

The stories above are funny. Thanks everyone for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:00:25 AM EDT
[#22]
My daughter got the basic concept of potty training at a young age I'm guessing two yrs. old, (yeah she walked and talked early too) so we really didn't have a problem per se.

Except that she is an only child, as such she was always very excited to have friends come over to play, so not one to 'waste' time going to potty, she would put it off till the very last possible second ultimately having an 'accident'. But at least she was honest about it, when asked if she knew she had to go she said yes, when asked why she didn't, she said 'cause I didn't want to yet.

Somehow she failed to see that her logic was flawed, when I explained that it took longer to change her clothes than if she just went potty, she said it all depends on when she got her clothes changed.

Meaning she didn't have a problem running around with wet underpants as long as she got to play!!

Ahh such are the wonders of parent hood..

Luckily she is all grown  up now, which only means there are a whole lot of other dangerous things out there for me to worry about..
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:48:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top