Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 1:48:25 PM EDT
Steamed Vegies, salad, or what????

I am going to go with a crusty bread with butter and garlic, basalmic vinigar and olive oil....

Any tips would be appreciated...

Wildland Fire

Cordon Bleu about to go into the oven...No its not a dirty baking dish, Its Pampered Chef Stoneware....

Here is the salad....Think she will get the idea???

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
rice pilaf would be nice and a nice salad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Green beans blanched and sauted in butter and garlic...maybe some slivered almonds too.

Or.... steamed spinach with garlic (steamed just barely so they start to wilt..this aint elementary school lunchroom culinary here!)

And even though it's silly, even though it's ridiculous...we need dinner pics  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not big on rice...I just found a baked red potato dish with garlic, lemon, and parmesian cheese.  Would having two kinds of cheese on the entree and the side matter?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not big on rice...I just found a baked red potato dish with garlic, lemon, and parmesian cheese.  Would having two kinds of cheese on the entree and the side matter?

Better IM or wait for gabbyrex.  I'm a steak n potato person myself.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too...thats why the question.  I hardly ever cook chicken, but we had Ribeyes last night and I am trying to impress this girl....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Help...Have to go shopping
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the baked red potato dish. Sounds good. I'd also have the salad.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too...thats why the question.  I hardly ever cook chicken, but we had Ribeyes last night and I am trying to impress this girl....

Then be sure to hit the light switch before disrobing.

TRG

Is that what you do?  Thanks for the tip....Just make sure it's just the tip
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL...good points TRG - bloating and gas = BAD

I was thinking some sort of pasta on the side w/ light butter - and baby peas...nice and sweet. Tossed salad prior to serving dinner. Be creative with how you slice the veggies - nice touch.

Wine - Chardonnay (or Reisling if you want something sweet)

Dessert - New York style cheesecake with mixed berry topping - ETA Coffee to drink - brew this while cleaning up the dinner plates.

When do we eat??? I'm starving!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the tips....Going with Johannesburg Riesling, steamed carrots. tossed salad, and a nice crusty bread...

But I do like the lights on....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Wild rice

Goes with everything.

Not really a rice, more of a potatoe <--- in honor of Dan Quayle.

But it needs to be cooked correctly.

GM
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the tips....Going with Johannesburg Riesling, steamed carrots. tossed salad, and a nice crusty bread...

Riesling is a dessert wine, btw.

TRG

We are in Idaho, maybe she wont know the diff....Should I go get a zin or something else?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

Negative - Riesling is not necessarily a dessert wine unless you get more into late harvest - mmmmmmmm, which is much sweeter, like Muscat.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tossed salad prior to serving dinner.

Let's save the sex part for after dinner.  I am not sure what wine to serve with a tossed salad.

Is that light or dark meat?

TRG

Which meat?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TRG

We are in Idaho, maybe she wont know the diff....Should I go get a zin or something else?

No zin!!! J Riesling (not too sweet, not too dry) will be fine with what you're serving. She won't be picky about the wine - trust me!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#22]
You all stay tuned...I will do a dinner prep and dinner pics....The oven is preheating as we speak....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wild rice

Goes with everything.

Not really a rice, more of a potatoe <--- in honor of Dan Quayle.

But it needs to be cooked correctly.

GM

He said he was not fond of rice.

I caught that part

GM

TRG

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Cordon Bleu is in the oven!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Great tossed salad!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

And, no, you do not serve multiple cheeses.  Lots of the fairer sex finds cheese a little discomforting in the belly.

Not sure if you are serving wine, but cheese and wine are not very compatible.  You can 'go cheap' on the wine (white, remember, it's chicken) with dinner.  

Get something fruitier for dessert.

You want to serve a nice salad, and a some steamed carrots (not brocolli or cabbage).  Add an orange slice and a fresh flower for garnish, voila!

You need her to be 'spry' later in the evenin', not bloated, farting and colicky, right?

Easy on the garlic and butter Romeo.  A little butter is great, but you don't want too much of that on her hips a year from now, ok?  As for garlic?  It's going to get stuck in her tonsils and you will thank me later for going easy on its use.

Dessert?  Handful of raspberries and some yogurt.  A nice, sweet, white wine  to finish.

<<sigh>>
If only I were single.....
And you were straight!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top