Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 9:14:02 PM EDT
First of all, I would like to say hello to everyone out there that reads this.  My name is Nancy Nichols.  I am currently a college student in California.  My best friend's boyfriend is a member of this site, and told me that I should create an account since I am starting to get into guns.  I will tell you all now, I have no knowledge what so ever about guns, except the 9 mm semi-automatic that my dad has.  I really want to learn everything I can about guns so that I can make a hobby of going with my other friends who go shooting a lot.  The whole point of this, as I am sure you're waiting for it, is to ask you all where it is that I need to go to start off my learning experience about guns?  Could you please share with me some places I can go if I am just starting out learning about guns?  If you could help, that would be fantastic.  I would very much appreciate it.  Thank you all, and all the best.

Love to all, and all my love,
~*~Nancy F. Nichols~*~
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:31:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome!  

As SP1Grrl says, get out there with your friends, start off with something small (.22 rifle or pistol). You'll just have to try a bunch of stuff until you find what you like. That could take a long time, so be patient.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
With friends who shoot, plus all the knowledge on this board, you should be able to find the answer to almost anything. That first thing I stress when someone is new to handling guns is to be aware of the direction the muzzle is pointing, so you don't sweep across anyone whether it's loaded or not.

Enjoy your shooting, and welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:40:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Hullo Nancy will bring ya shooting soon
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
YOU!  How could you make me ask for such an acronym?!  You're dirty!  Of course, that's why we love you...I guess...and you cook good too apparently.  And guess what...Oooo!  You're going to get in trouble!!!

Hallmate across the hall says hi.  *evil grins*

~*~Nancy~*~
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the site Nancy
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#9]
welcome aboard, Miss.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the jungle!

See ya around!

Daisy

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi Ya!!! I'm a newbie too. By comparison to the site Diva's I"m  a new shooter-about 9 months. I'm a real feet first kinda girl, very lucky to have a dear friends that is an NRA certified instructor and site members and that has made it easy to emerse myself.  I can offer no advise per sae, but I can say I have felt more welcomed here than anyplace I've been in a very long time. WELCOME
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#12]
 Welcome

Have you ever been serenaded by the song "Nancy with the smiling face”?

I can’t seem to find the lyrics.
No, ladies, I'm not going to ask her how many pairs of shoes she has.  Being a college student in Kali I bet she has only two dozen or so.

That's an inside joke Nancy.  It'll be explained - more or less accurately - by somebody else.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Hola, and welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top