Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 11:55:19 AM EDT
Anyone here try Bare Minerals or some other powder base?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
On and off, I've used i.d. bareMinerals Flawless Foundation. I love the color (most products don't have enough yellow in them to cover redness), and it's very easy to apply. It gives a nice glow to your face. The loose powder will eventually get all over the sink though.

For me, it doesn't hold up to summer in Vegas...kind of cakes and thins out when my skin gets shiny. Perspiration makes it kind of itchy, too. But then again, not many cosmetic products hold up to 115 degree weather.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:35:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  I'm in Texas where it doesn't get quite THAT hot, but all the same, there are plenty of opportunities to "glow"...

Just thought it might be nice to try something without a lot of junk in it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You're most welcome. I'd give it a try anyway, since everyone is so unique. It might work out perfect.

They are right about sleeping in it...most products bother my skin if left on overnight, but this stuff feels fine.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Started using mineral makeup last summer-- Smokey Mountain Minerals (from Ebay http://stores.ebay.com/Smoky-Mountain-Minerals). Very pleased with the results.  It was inexpensive, considering how long it lasts, too.  Haven't tried the 'name' brands.

My skin is combination dry/regular--that may make a difference in the staying power.  My skin looks good. feels good. Really lasts for me, on the job, around a campfire :)  and in over 100 deg desert weather too.

fwiw-- I'm a reenactor (Victorian period) and wanted something that looked good...without using modern day makeup. I've been able to accomplish that, without breaking any reenactor 'no makeup' dress code.

Learning to apply the concealer and foundation powder took a few extra  minutes, the first time I washed it off and started over :)   Btw, where needing concealer I pat it  on with the tip of my little finger (first step). Follow with foundation using a professional powder brush and 'daub' the powder on.  Plus blush color.  Let it set while 'doing' my eyelashes, then dust off any extra.  I don't always use the 'finishing' powder.  Two very light coats are better than one thick application.  Touch ups don't show, either!

HTH,  experiment with a starter kit perhaps...

Gwen

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I'll be adding this stuff to my wish list.  (Sometime after the new heater and roof ;) )  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Hello this is my first time browsing the women's section of arcom. Kinda nice. I was in the cosmetic industry for 5 years. I would suggest somehting called DayWear Tinted moisturizer. It's made by Estee Lauder. It has a SPF of 15 and the refreshing and cooling effects of cucumber. It gives you the moisture you need during the day especially during the warmer months and it gives you a nice even glow. The best part about this is, when you squirt some from the tube it is a greenish creme and as you rub it on your face it turns bronzy so it helps even out skin tone, and give you that sun kissed look. It also doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy. If you go to a department store ask for a sample and give it a free try. You will love it
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hello this is my first time browsing the women's section of arcom. Kinda nice. I was in the cosmetic industry for 5 years. I would suggest somehting called DayWear Tinted moisturizer. It's made by Estee Lauder. It has a SPF of 15 and the refreshing and cooling effects of cucumber. It gives you the moisture you need during the day especially during the warmer months and it gives you a nice even glow. The best part about this is, when you squirt some from the tube it is a greenish creme and as you rub it on your face it turns bronzy so it helps even out skin tone, and give you that sun kissed look. It also doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy. If you go to a department store ask for a sample and give it a free try. You will love it

Thanks for the tip.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sorry, but a woman in her own ''colurs and little make-up is usually a mom taking care of herself and thats the best IMO. Wake up next to
a woman w/o her '''face on'''!!!!HELP!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never tried bare minerals. I'll have to look for that line.

I usually use Mac....and have their powder base.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top