Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 7:10:39 AM EDT
Anyone watch them?  I saw some of the Red Carpet, and have been looking at some of the photos from last night.

Here's a few I thought deserved the "arf com bash"

Melanie Griffith...ok, she must be into her plastic surgeon for millions...

Natalie Portman - such a beautiful girl...but she looks like a martian with an oversized head here..

Reese Witherspoon....wtf is up with this dress?  

Rachel Weisz...time to get out the self tanner, methinks...

Hey, I'm hardly perfect...but I'm not a hollywood Heavyweight either.  

Just a little fun for a cold Tuesday.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Watched bits and pieces of the show itself, but I missed all the Red Carpet stuff which is the good part.  I was glad to see Walk the Line win some awards, great flick.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Melanie Griffith is frightening to look at now.  Meg Ryan's about the same way; their faces don't move and it scares me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't watch...I am a 24 geek. Best 2 hours of TV EVER last night!

Never thought Melanie was all that. Rachel would look better without all that soot around her eyes, IMHO (I think she's really pretty, normally).

Natalie IS a beauty. I think the disproportionately large head is attributed to the fact that she's lost weight and is now one of those "lollipop" chicks.

Anybody good win?

ETA:
A photo from the Globes in which I can find absolutely NO FLAW...
Stunning!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I met Melanie Griffith while working security on the set when she was filming parts of Crazy in Alabama in my hometown.  She looks positively horrid before makeup, like a crackhead.  She hasn't aged well at all and I'm sure some plastic surgeon in Hollywood is having his life financed by her.  On the other hand, Antonio Banderas is pretty fricken cool, very approachable and a generally nice guy.  I'm sure he could do alot better.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

ETA:
Stunning!
content.hfpa.org/images/gallery/page_1481137473721.jpg

You just had to do it, didn't you?!
Now all I will think of all day is ... well never mind.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]
What? Another narcissistic ritual?

Call me bored, but this whole "Look at how wonderful I am" Hollywood mentality is getting pretty friggin old. It's bad enough that Hollywood has not produced a decent movie in 4 years...but to award themselves at how well they THINK they are is the ultimate in ego trips.

I refuse to watch, support or read about these BS awards. Proper respect should be paid to those serving their country...not boring their country.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What? Another narcissistic ritual?

Call me bored, but this whole "Look at how wonderful I am" Hollywood mentality is getting pretty friggin old. It's bad enough that Hollywood has not produced a decent movie in 4 years...but to award themselves at how well they THINK they are is the ultimate in ego trips.

I refuse to watch, support or read about these BS awards. Proper respect should be paid to those serving their country...not boring their country.

With all due respect to those serving our country, I hardly think that the entertainment industry is taking anything away from those in our military serving overseas.  Should the American populace just stop "living" while our soldiers are deployed?  Would that make those serving feel better about their plight?  I'm sorry, but in my opinion, there IS no draft.  Those that are serving knew full well what they were getting into, and chose that route.

I respect, admire, and am eternally grateful to our service men and women.  THAT BEING SAID, I don't think the rest of the country should stop living life as usual because those servicemen and women are deployed and fighting.

As far as Hollywood award shows, they draw in the largest crowds and viewership of almost any televised event.  If people stopped watching them, then perhaps they might stop airing them.  I for one, enjoy seeing the stars and the gowns and the tuxedos.

I hardly think it's unpatriotic to enjoy that.  The fact that I can then make fun of them the next day is my right, as well.

Again, no offense intended.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:08:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Not saying it's unpatriotic...just idiotic that these no talent ass clowns feel the need for self gratification for mediocre (at best) talent.

The Red Carpet (imho) is a living commercial for designers of stuff that you or I could never afford.

I am not bitter or jealous, just sick of ALL the award shows.

Never asked America to stop living. Most of  Hollywood could give a rat's ass about our troops.  How am I expected to plop 15-20.00 for a 90 bore fest when the best thing about the  movie is the Mike-and Ikes in my hand?

Now, if Chuck Norris were to go to these shows, I might be convinced to watch

ETA...I just realized I was in the "Women's Forum"...I'll back quietly out the door, bowing low and begging forgiveness for the intrusion.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Antonio Banderas is pretty fricken cool, very approachable and a generally nice guy.  I'm sure he could do alot better.

Ooh Ooh!  Pick me, Antonio, pick me!!!

*dreamylustyAntonioisahottiesigh*

I heard that he's actually put a stop to anymore plastic surgery on Melanie's part.  He loves her the way she is, and doesn't want her to get anymore work done.

what a guy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#11]
sorry for the hijack but stoney point awesome sigline!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ETA:
Stunning!
content.hfpa.org/images/gallery/page_1481137473721.jpg

I agree! He just gets better with age!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Melanie Griffith...ok, she must be into her plastic surgeon for millions...
tinypic.com/kdu39v.jpg

Looks like the doc could do better......look at her crows feet around the eyes. They looked terrible!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#14]
No flaw with Clooney?  He's a flaming LIB!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm merely concerned with the superficial.

Besides....I never said he actually had to speak except maybe perhaps the required, "Oh GOD!" from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Besides....I never said he actually had to speak except maybe perhaps the required, "Oh GOD!" from time to time.

Just like most of the men here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's purdy but I can't get over what does come out of his mouth.  I guess I'm getting old.  Tom Seleck is about it for me.  I still have an occassional hang up with him after he kissed Kevin Kline but as long as Tom has his mustashe, I'm good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow...I'm feeling...a tad....dirty.....

must shower now......

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW!! Nice one.
P.S. I thought The Golden Globe Awards would be about something else all together
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top