Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 5:54:20 PM EDT
My oldest went to 6 flags magic mountain today.
Put her bag down like they require on a ride, where they require....and it got stolen  :(
she was crying, I felt so bad
her phone was in it
her camera
her new MP3 player(Long ride)
her disney pass
$45 (for admission but the people she went with paid)
and her atm card (not a big deal...her pin number wasnt with it)
Only ID so to speak is her disney pass....the atm card has my name on it...no address on anything and no house keys

I feel sooo bad for her....the camera especially....it had some pics on it and isnt easily replaceable (last years christmas present)

her day there started bad with her feeling ditched and then ended like this....(family friends, her friend was parking the car while the family went in...she didnt know where to go or what to do)

I am sooo spoiled by disney....they are so good with things like this....they go out of their way to help out....
Magic mountain just had a so? attitude (i called them and spoke with them so, I know first hand)
I feel so bad, she takes sooo much personally.....I told it was ok, she didn't do anything, she didn't leave it where she shouldnt, she did what the park said to do...and that some people just arent honest.
I always worry when they make me put my purse, hat or whatever down (heck some rides make you put any slip on shoes down too)  I wonder why they dont do what disney does....(the rides where you shouldnt have any loose articles, they have a bag on the back of the seat in front of you for your stuff, it snaps shut)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry MrsD, sad to hear that happened to her .
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
How horrible!  I'm sorry your daughter had such a lousy day when it should have been fun-filled.  This is why I never take anything of value that will not fit in my pocket into parks
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:30:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear this MrsDrF.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How horrible!  I'm sorry your daughter had such a lousy day when it should have been fun-filled.  This is why I never take anything of value that will not fit in my pocket into parks

One of the coasters at this park wants your pockets empty too....

ARGGG  the bank wont track the ATM card if I cancel it....I have to leave it good to try and catch the thief.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#7]
How awful, sorry to hear.

Haven't been to Magic Mountain in several years. Hmm, looks like I won't ever be going back, with an attitude like that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#8]
And to think it happened at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sorry that happened!  Whoever stole her stuff better watch out for the karma bus.

-MrsMonk
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Ugh, I hate that they require you to leave your bags, but what else can you do?  It's so easy for stuff to get stolen, I hate it.

Poor kid.  I'm bummed for her.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#11]
i worked at a Paramount owned theme park in Charlotte for 7 years--the first 4 i was a ride operator

i know it doesnt help to say shes not the only one, but shes not--unfortunately, we couldnt run the ride safely and watch everyone's stuff at the same time    the disclaimer is made over and over that the park is not responsible for the valuables

mean people suck  

Quoted:
 I wonder why they dont do what disney does....(the rides where you shouldnt have any loose articles, they have a bag on the back of the seat in front of you for your stuff, it snaps shut)

this is an interesting idea and one i have never heard of--i havent been to a Disney park since HS--did you make this suggestion to the Six Flags customer service??

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And to think it happened at the Happiest Place on Earth!

I had to call disney about it but it happened at the local (90min away) 6 flags park.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i worked at a Paramount owned theme park in Charlotte for 7 years--the first 4 i was a ride operator

i know it doesnt help to say shes not the only one, but shes not--unfortunately, we couldnt run the ride safely and watch everyone's stuff at the same time    the disclaimer is made over and over that the park is not responsible for the valuables

mean people suck  

Quoted:
 I wonder why they dont do what disney does....(the rides where you shouldnt have any loose articles, they have a bag on the back of the seat in front of you for your stuff, it snaps shut)

this is an interesting idea and one i have never heard of--i havent been to a Disney park since HS--did you make this suggestion to the Six Flags customer service??

The guest relations at the park told her "we get at least one of these a day"
doesnt that bother them a little???

I cant talk to guest relations again until saturday.....during the winter they are only open on weekends.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]
That sucks K.

Disney pass is a 10.00 fee to replace IIRC.

I have an extr digital camera if she needs one for any reason until hers gets replaced.

Do you have insurance on the phone?  You know my kids have lost phones...many many phones...and the insurance replaces it pretty quick.

New MP3 player? Damn.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I called Disney last night.  They called me back right away this morning.  The replacement fee is $20 but with a police report (which we will have in 10days,) they will waive for stolen passes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The guest relations at the park told her "we get at least one of these a day"
doesnt that bother them a little???

I cant talk to guest relations again until saturday.....during the winter they are only open on weekends.

unfortunately, like i said, they tell you up front they are not responsible, so no, im sure it doesnt bother them--they have no control of who steals or what you bring into the park--people used to tell me the same thing every day i worked and i WAS sorry, but my job was safe ride operation, not watching valuables

HOWEVER, if parks get enough suggestions and good ideas for safety or loss prevention, rather than simple complaints, they may hear and implement those suggestions--be sure to let guest relations know about what DISNEY does and how much you like DISNEY and how much DISNEY cares about you as a guest    try to talk to a supervisor or manager, not just a yahoo who answers the phone

and im glad DISNEY will replace your stolen pass for free--good for the mouse
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate them too.

Hey ladies - it has been a while. :)
How is everyone?  Hope well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#18]
True, it's really not the park's fault, it's the crappy people that steal things creating such situations.

Sounds like Disney does a better job handling such issues though.

Yes, hope the karma bus comes quick for that fool!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Sorry to hear your daughter got ripped off, that aspirates.  

Can Disney put a flag on the card so security gets a heads up and nabs the user?
Same same the ATM?

Theme parks and crowded places, the one valid reason to use a fanny pack, if you just cant travel light.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry to hear MrsDrFrige.

That really sucks.  Hope they find the fool that did this.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top