Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 6:02:17 AM EDT
I just had to share this with the ladies...men move along...nothing to see here...

So I had this order for my mammogram. I put it off. I KNOW I KNOW!!!! BUT...I have good reasons. Two if them in fact.

Anyway...finally got the new insurance stuff squared away so I call to make the appt. The imaging company is currently booking mammos in 2007.

Whiskey...tango...BOOBAGE???

I could suffer a traumatic industrial accident where one of them is lopped off by 2007! I said...OK, how are we supposed to get mammos once per year if YOU CAN'T schedule them???? She gives me a phone number of another imaging place.
End of MAY!!!!!

Seriously...is getting a mammo the medical equiavalent to getting a table in the best restaurant in town now?

<<sigh>>
Had to share the madness...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I could uh check them out for ya....

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure you could find some one to give you the exam on short notice without any problems at all.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, all you have to do is call and I'll be there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]
<sniff> You guys are so "supportive."

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

We like to give a hand when we can.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
What did you expect?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Let

The

Free!!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#8]
They can't be the only place around that can provide you with a mammogram, and please don't put it off.

My mom called me just tuesday to tell me her twin sister (who has known that she had a lump in her breast for more than 3 years and done nothing) got some very disturbing news in that while she was headed back yesterday for the actual biopsy, the doc had already determine she has waited too long. The "C" is in her lymph node system and lungs, which is why she finally went to have it checked, she'd begun to cough up blood.

Please don't be foolish with your health, as for certain there are folks that care about ya and while she (my aunt) always was a samich shy of a full picnic, waiting is just plain crazy.

My younger sister lost both her breasts last year, but is "C" free now and sporting a new pair at this time, thank god she did not wait....

Do for those that love ya.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Check around for another place!!!
I called to have mine scheduled, I could have been in within a week, but since I had a followup ultrasound for other problems to be done 3 mths later, we scheduled them both for that time. When I had to have a followup on the mammogram, I was in the following week at a different place. ( they are the ones who read my first mammogram)
I know, I know, not the thrill of a lifetime to have your boobs squeezed, but damnit girl GET ER DONE!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:06:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They can't be the only place around that can provide you with a mammogram, and please don't put it off.

Mike,

PM lives in the Peoples Republic of Mass.  Socialized medicine along with Ted Kennedy is king.  Quite frankly, I am suprised the wait is only a year.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike,

PM lives in the Peoples Republic of Mass.  Socialized medicine along with Ted Kennedy is king.  Quite frankly, I am suprised the wait is only a year.

It's not the Kennedy's Fault...well...maybe.
Truth is I will NOT drive into Boston (Freaken animals) and I probably could get one quicker if I did. BUT, in all fairness to my hatred of Boston,  they like you to stay with the same place (baseline mammo is there). See, it's not a simple "Turn your head and cough," kinda thing. Women's breasts change over time. They tend to get less fibrous. That's why they get less firm. So, the docs wanna see that natural progression to rule out the big C. Since I was very young when I had a problem in the past, they have LOTS o'pics of my breasts at this one place (and NO, they will NOT sell them, DV8) and that's where they want me to go...familiarity in this case does NOT breed contempt.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike,

Truth is I will NOT drive into Boston (Freaken animals) and I probably could get one quicker if I did. BUT, in all fairness to my hatred of Boston,  they like you to stay with the same place (baseline mammo is there). See, it's not a simple "Turn your head and cough," kinda thing. Women's breasts change over time. They tend to get less fibrous. That's why they get less firm. So, the docs wanna see that natural progression to rule out the big C. Since I was very young when I had a problem in the past, they have LOTS o'pics of my breasts at this one place (and NO, they will NOT sell them, DV8) and that's where they want me to go...familiarity in this case does NOT breed contempt.

Hon?
Turn your head and cough isn't always a simple thing either.
Sometimes they ram their finger so far in there I get the feeling their trying to feel my tonsils from the wrong end.
Doesn't exactly feel good.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mike,

Do you think they will trade for a few AR parts I have lying around?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hon?
Sometimes they ram their finger so far in there I get the feeling their trying to feel my tonsils from the wrong end.

Really???
Well I have one word that can trump that:
Speculum
'nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#16]
PMM,

I know that you said no to Boston, but The Breast Center at the Faulkner Hospital is in the more suburban area of Boston (Jamaica Plain) and relatively easy to get in and out of. They also get booked up, but nothing like what you were quoted. My Wife has always gone there and has nothing but good things to say about the place.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Playmore, you could go to a different imaging place, but take your old films with you.  Or you could go and fill out an authorizaton for release of records and have the films sent to the new imaging place.  I don't see how/why the one with the wait could argue, because they can't see you this year.  Medical stuff these days is draconian, but if you try to work the system, sometimes they actually get something done.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that another Victorias Secret jab????

You guys catch on quick...
hmmm...lotta male replies to this thread...weird...
Calling Doc today to see what he wants to do about stepping up the procedure.

Seriously guys, I posted this because I thought the gals would get a kick outta the "system."
I was wrong.
Turned out to be more of a "concern" thread.
Go figure!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:20:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that another Victorias Secret jab????

You guys catch on quick...
hmmm...lotta male replies to this thread...weird...
Calling Doc today to see what he wants to do about stepping up the procedure.

Seriously guys, I posted this because I thought the gals would get a kick outta the "system."
I was wrong.
Turned out to be more of a "concern" thread.
Go figure!

Well, thats because we love you, and want to see you posting here for a very long time...your one of the good "guys"

And seriously, we were hoping to see pics of the girls
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hon?

Really???
Well I have one word that can trump that:
Speculum
'nuff said.

Wait!  Don't women get the "wave" too?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top