Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:11:29 PM EDT
So this afternoon while I was in the bathroom lilgh got ahold of a permanent marker and drew me a very pretty picture on my white counter top. (that will teach me to go to the bathroom when it's just me and him alone )
I have used Dawn with bleach in it and gotten the darkness off. I can't get the ink that looks like it seeped down into the counter off though. Does anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Laquer thinner will get it off.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had luck with alcohol.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:07:07 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys. I tried finger nail polish remover since it was the closest thing to laquer thinner I have in the house. It has helped some so I will be buying a small bottle of thinner today (after I try alcohol since I have that in the house)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Soft Scrub with bleach removes ALOT of stuff in my home that my kids would normally have to relinquish a digit for doing.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
ask monica.............
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#6]
how about Mr Clean's Magic Eraser? It does wonders!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
lacquer thinner will probably damage your counter top.  Try something abrasive like comet or borax first.  I would not want to put pure lacquer thinner on my counters without testing in an inconspicuous area first.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
lacquer thinner will probably damage your counter top.  Try something abrasive like comet or borax first.  I would not want to put pure lacquer thinner on my counters without testing in an inconspicuous area first.  

bless you my dear lady!
I have Bar Keepers Friend for my stainless steel sink and didn't even think of using that until I read your post. It worked!!! I can see a faint spot where he had it real thick, but I am sure with a bit more scrubbing it too will come out. Considering it was a good 8-10 inch x 5 inch spot, a 1x1 inch spot real faint is good now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#9]
For future reference: Use isopropol alcohol first, if that doesn't work, try methyl alcohol.  That will probably work.  I would not use laquer thinner except as a last resort.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Soft Scrub with bleach removes ALOT of stuff in my home that my kids would normally have to relinquish a digit for doing.

I've used Soft Scrub with bleach to remove berry stains from countertops and an ink stain frommy kitchen linoleum.  I let it sit overnight and it removed a black ink stain with no trace from my linoleum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top