Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 7:50:16 AM EDT
I know many of you will remember last year when a family from WA state came to me to buy a puppy for their son Rory.  Rory was badly injured in Iraq [the day before Mother's Day] and the family [Stan and Cynthia] hoped a puppy would bring Rory out of the depression Rory was in from his injuries and from the death of his friends.  I gave to them a puppy which Rory named Duke.  At the time Rory was still in the hospital in DC and was touch and go whether he would even make it.  

Several of the women here sent gifts to Rory and cards and most of the members [male and female] prayed for him and for his family.

I received an 'e' Christmas card from Stan, Rory's step father this past week so I uploaded it to my website and will put a link here for it.  You can see a picture of Rory at the bottom.  He looks absolutely fabulous.  He's put on weight [which he badly needed], his tone looks so much better.  In the card it says he's still suffering from the loss of his friends [evidently his best friend gave up his life to save Rory's.  Its unimaginable what that must be like for Rory].

Anyway, Please enjoy! CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the update...It seems things are going better....
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Patty thank you for the update and you're right, Rory does look really good.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Awwww, that's great news Patty!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Aw, thanks, Patty. i often think of him and wonder how he is doing. He looks great. I wish him peace. It will be a hard thing to come to terms with, but I hope he does. Pass on my well wishes please. It was the best fun I had last year sending those things for him.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be happy to pass on all you're well wishes.  Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top