Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 8:23:07 PM EDT
Every year we have a potluck before Christmas at work. I am going to cook a 22 lb. Smithfield hardwood smoked ham at work in a roaster. I would like to bast or flavor it somehow without overpowering the smoked flavor. Since this is being cooked at work (machine shop) I will not be able to constantly monitor it as I will be running machines. It will however be close at hand so I will be able to pay some attention to it. Just need something simple that will enhance the flavor.

Last year I drove everybody nuts with the smell. It would be great to drive them over the edge this year.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all of you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Substitute 7-up or Sprite for water in the basting liquid.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What will 7-UP or Sprite do?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:06:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bourbon, brown sugar and ginger snaps  I've done it, and it's damn fine.  Not a lot of tending either.  

That looks damn good! At first I thought you'd made a type-o and meant Schnapps and not Snaps...cookies with Ham...whoda thunk it? I buy those spiral jobs alot: no tending and really tasty. But I think I may try this one, Gloftoe!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top