[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
just tell it
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Nah.............. I'll finish it tomorrow.........
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nah.............. I'll finish it tomorrow.........

Sweet dreams, Everybody!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#8]
worthless without pics !
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:53:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Okay kiddies gather, gather........................

In the fire/ems service we have these people that will call 911 for any reason what so ever, they usually want  to be transported to the hospital for anything................. We call them frequent flyers..

The story of lot 5
As a probie I would sit around the station and listen to the stories of the guys that had been there done that. They always told me if we got a call for XYZ location lot 5 that I was in for it. A few months before I arrived at the station, the guys where toned out to a cardiac call at XYZ address lot 5. At lot 5 in a single wide mobile home was this HUGE 450-500 Lb woman that called 911 for everything.......
Well when the guys arrived on scene, there she was, a quivering mass of flesh, in a ragged  night gown, with her boobs hanging out with one lying on her arm.. the stench was overwhelming........

One of the medics went to take her blood pressure, and the only exposed arm was the one with the 50 lb boob on it. He gently reached down to move the boob and place it back in the night gown and the site and smell of formunga cheese about gaged him. He reached over to tuck the other boob back in to give the lady some dignity and a cockroach scurried from underneath it!

Well as they determined that she needed to be transported to the hospital, they had to call out additional help to move her to the rescue. They ended up having to take the stretcher out of the rescue and have the woman lay on the floor. As one of the medics went to re take vitals, the woman screamed out. Thanking the woman was crashing and taking a turn for the worst, the guys began to panic.

What happen? One of her boobs fell out, landed on the floor of the rescue and the medic checking vitals was standing on it!

And that’s it kiddies the story of the roach and the boob............

This is a true story, it really happened!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:57:13 AM EDT
[#10]
If this didnt really gross you out............. I'll tell you the one about dookey lady...........
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Nope ...

But did you ever hear that roaches like to
eat the plaque that forms on your teeth overnight ?

If you have roaches ... learn to sleep with your
mouth closed
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nope ...

But did you ever hear that roaches like to
eat the plaque that forms on your teeth overnight ?

If you have roaches ... learn to sleep with your
mouth closed

Hey, that sounds like a win-win situation.  F dentists.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I should have waited till after breakfast, before reading.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Can't believe I'm responding to this.  Maybe I'm not.  Poor soul.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#16]
yuck!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:56:15 AM EDT
[#17]
***Warning really gross ***

True gross story here, a 75 year old alzheimers patient was "lost" for three days and found by family. He was admitted on my floor with dehydration and various other symptoms. Upon performing the admission assessment the nurse runs out ot the room gagging and she called for me.
I almost died, he had MAGGOTS around his perineal area and infesting his anus.  I am not so sure how they got there or how they treated him but it was the nastiest thing I have ever seen and I have seen quite a bit.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
formunga cheese

We call it fromunda cheese.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

True gross story here, a 75 year old alzheimers patient was "lost" for three days and found by family. He was admitted on my floor with dehydration and various other symptoms. Upon performing the admission assessment the nurse runs out ot the room gagging and she called for me.
I almost died, he had MAGGOTS around his perineal area and infesting his anus.  I am not so sure how they got there or how they treated him but it was the nastiest thing I have ever seen and I have seen quite a bit.

Did you know that maggots can actually clean wounds and help them heal?
One example:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10487456&query_hl=4

BACKGROUND: Fly maggots have been known for centuries to help debride and heal wounds. Maggot therapy was first introduced in the USA in 1931 and was routinely used there until the mid-1940s in over 300 hospitals. With the advent of antimicrobiols, maggot therapy became rare until the early 1990s, when it was re-introduced in the USA, UK, and Israel. The objective of this study was to assess the efficacy of maggot therapy for the treatment of intractable, chronic wounds and ulcers in long-term hospitalized patients in Israel. METHODS: Twenty-five patients, suffering mostly from chronic leg ulcers and pressure sores in the lower sacral area, were treated in an open study using maggots of the green bottle fly, Phaenicia sericata. The wounds had been present for 1-90 months before maggot therapy was applied. Thirty-five wounds were located on the foot or calf of the patients, one on the thumb, while the pressure sores were on the lower back. Sterile maggots (50-1000) were administered to the wound two to five times weekly and replaced every 1-2 days. Hospitalized patients were treated in five departments of the Hadassah Hospital, two geriatric hospitals, and one outpatient clinic in Jerusalem. The underlying diseases or the causes of the development of wounds were venous stasis (12), paraplegia (5), hemiplegia (2), Birger's disease (1), lymphostasis (1), thalassemia (1), polycythemia (1), dementia (1), and basal cell carcinoma (1). Subjects were examined daily or every second day until complete debridement of the wound was noted. RESULTS: Complete debridement was achieved in 38 wounds (88.4%); in three wounds (7%), the debridement was significant, in one (2.3%) partial, and one wound (2.3%) remained unchanged. In five patients who were referred for amputation of the leg, the extremities was salvaged after maggot therapy. CONCLUSIONS: Maggot therapy is a relatively rapid and effective treatment, particularly in large necrotic wounds requiring debridement and resistant to conventional treatment and conservative surgical intervention.

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This is probably the nastiest thread the Wimminz Forum has ever seen.
Wanna hear mine?

shoot...

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#25]
oh geez, help me....dare I say... *gulp*....tag?

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is probably the nastiest thread the Wimminz Forum has ever seen.
Wanna hear mine?

Yeah, in a 'no' kind of way.

+1
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Dang.  I thought the Pit was bad...  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
formunga cheese

We call it fromunda cheese.

\

that too............
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#29]
That's fuckin' gross, man.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I think I just threw up a lil bit.....that's just disgusting!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#31]
blech

Though I am not surprised.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#32]
this thread would be more worthless with pics
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

............... Can't.................. that would be a HIPA violation.........
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

[hypergagging]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The roach under the boob story...Ummmmm, no.  Haven't heard it, and I'm not too sure I WANT to, either.

I'm with Lump...er...SP1grrl...fark.............
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you know that maggots can actually clean wounds and help them heal?
One example:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10487456&query_hl=4

BACKGROUND: Fly maggots have been known for centuries to help debride and heal wounds. Maggot therapy was first introduced in the USA in 1931 and was routinely used there until the mid-1940s in over 300 hospitals. With the advent of antimicrobiols, maggot therapy became rare until the early 1990s, when it was re-introduced in the USA, UK, and Israel. The objective of this study was to assess the efficacy of maggot therapy for the treatment of intractable, chronic wounds and ulcers in long-term hospitalized patients in Israel. METHODS: Twenty-five patients, suffering mostly from chronic leg ulcers and pressure sores in the lower sacral area, were treated in an open study using maggots of the green bottle fly, Phaenicia sericata. The wounds had been present for 1-90 months before maggot therapy was applied. Thirty-five wounds were located on the foot or calf of the patients, one on the thumb, while the pressure sores were on the lower back. Sterile maggots (50-1000) were administered to the wound two to five times weekly and replaced every 1-2 days. Hospitalized patients were treated in five departments of the Hadassah Hospital, two geriatric hospitals, and one outpatient clinic in Jerusalem. The underlying diseases or the causes of the development of wounds were venous stasis (12), paraplegia (5), hemiplegia (2), Birger's disease (1), lymphostasis (1), thalassemia (1), polycythemia (1), dementia (1), and basal cell carcinoma (1). Subjects were examined daily or every second day until complete debridement of the wound was noted. RESULTS: Complete debridement was achieved in 38 wounds (88.4%); in three wounds (7%), the debridement was significant, in one (2.3%) partial, and one wound (2.3%) remained unchanged. In five patients who were referred for amputation of the leg, the extremities was salvaged after maggot therapy. CONCLUSIONS: Maggot therapy is a relatively rapid and effective treatment, particularly in large necrotic wounds requiring debridement and resistant to conventional treatment and conservative surgical intervention.

NOPE!!! Can't MAKE me click!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#37]
While we are telling gross EMS stories, some of the guys from the FD ran on a call around here a couple of years ago for an elderly lady who lived with her mentally retarded son.  The lady fell and couldn't get up.  Her son didn't realize that this was a problem.  He continued to make sure she was fed and everything, but by the time the FD was called, she had been on the floor for a month.  Her skin had grown into the carpet, and the medics had to cut the carpet to get her out of the house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top