Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 4:13:53 PM EDT
I love the smell of good candles but the good ones with a lot of scent are expensive. Where can I find good deals on scented candles? Also what other ways are there to have a nice smelling house ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
yankee candle

sale this weekend, the more you spend, the bigger the discount

also sign up for emails and they send lots of coupons  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks diabolical_chicken I'll be doing that. I saw on their website a new scent called Halloween Candy Corn Swirl I can almost smell it now mmmmmmmmmm

Any other tips on keeping a house smelling good ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 dogs, all indoors. I use the plug-in fans with the scented oil.  I have to change the refill at least every 3 weeks, but it does a great job for me. If you go this route, make sure to get the fan plug-ins other wise the fragrance sits right at the outlet. My sister just recently gave me a Yankee Candle plug-in with Pumpkin spice in it, smells great and the fragrance drifts alot further with no fan then the plug-ins do with a fan. The price is ALOT more expensive though.
The last time was mother was here to visit she asked me if the dogs had to stay outside now. She couldn't smell them at all.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
cool!  Patty
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#6]

I absolutely adore Yankee Candles, even though they get a little pricey for me sometimes. However, I have found a couple of good deals for them on E-Bay, and I have tried to rack up when Yankee's site has a special, especially on shipping.

I also have a good friend that hand-makes scented candles. I love them too! I also like the hand-made look....to me, it gives them a lot of character. Her site is www.candlesbycorey.com
She's a fellow military-wife friend of mine. Her prices are more than reasonable, in my book.

At any rate, let us know the deals you get...it will give me, at least, an excuse to go shopping!!!

Shan
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:27:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I live near Yankee Candle and several times a year they have really great sales. In the summer around august they have a huge tent sale,and right after christmas they have a great sale too. Their store here also has a discounted room so you can pick up things fairly cheap. I try to go at least once a year.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I live near Yankee Candle and several times a year they have really great sales. In the summer around august they have a huge tent sale,and right after christmas they have a great sale too. Their store here also has a discounted room so you can pick up things fairly cheap. I try to go at least once a year.

Ohhh.......let me know next time you go....I may have "place an order" with you!

Shan
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I try to go after the holidays. Christmas/New Years. I would not go near the place during Christmas. Traffic is horendous to get to it during that time of year.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I imagine so.

Once my daughter was born, I completely stopped going out shopping during the holidays unless I absolutely HAD to.
Thank goodness for the internet. Plus, it's easier to get the hubby to sit down and help out and not have to pay a babysitter when getting "Santa". We have a pact with the next door neighbors. They get their Santa stuff shipped to us, and we get our Santa stuff shipped to them...that way there's less chance for "prying eyes" to catch us.

Plus, we have a UPromise account set up for the baby. (which I use too now I'm in school again) I can shop online through them and get to most of the major stores, save money, and not have to worry about all the crowds.

Shan
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:02:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Part of it is yankee candle has a santa's workshop area, and the guy they have as Santa really looks like Santa. If you ever get the chance to come out here it really is worth while going through the store. They have a Bavarian Village set up,a castle with a moat,toy store ,food court,and of course the area with the candles and other neat stuff. It takes awhile to see it all. They also have a car museum too. When I go I plan on at least 3-4 hours.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#12]
FWIW …. My GF is a scented candle fiend .

She makes her own candles with supplies
she gets from a craft store , basically it's just
paraffin , scented oils and waxed cotton twine
poured in a set of tin molds .

At first I thought she was crazy , but after watching
how she makes them it's pretty easy and they end up
costing about a $1 each .

She also has a few ceramic pot things that let you
burn the scented oils directly with a floating wick gizmo .

Those really reek
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Part of it is yankee candle has a santa's workshop area, and the guy they have as Santa really looks like Santa. If you ever get the chance to come out here it really is worth while going through the store. They have a Bavarian Village set up,a castle with a moat,toy store ,food court,and of course the area with the candles and other neat stuff. It takes awhile to see it all. They also have a car museum too. When I go I plan on at least 3-4 hours.

Ohhhhh....that sounds awesome! >scratches chin< I wonder how I can talk the hubby into visiting sometime.

Shan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top