Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 4:18:04 AM EDT
Last night was the last  home game for the soccer team and they honored the seniors before the game. I drove 2 hrs north, presented her with flowers and walked her across the field and then sat for 2 hrs watching her play her heart out on the front line until the goalie took a hard kick to the chest while trying to save a goal. She then switches over to goalie, which she hadn't played in 2 years, but she did great. They ended up loosing 2-1 in overtime. It went down to a shootout  after two 7 minute quarters of overtime. A 2 hour drive home and it was almost midnight, but it was a great night. I cried though, my little girl is almost done with high school, where did the time go? I don't have any pics from last night yet (I forgot my camara) so here is one of her from last summer.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:00:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You've agot a beautiful daughter! Even though mine is only 3 1/2, I kinda understand how you feel. It seems like only yesterday I was worried about warm bottles at 2AM and then taking her to her first day of daycare.

They sure do grow up fast!

:)

Shan
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
She's beautiful, Mrs. GH!  

My son is 13, he's in the high school marching band.  2 weeks ago they had a preview show for the parents, and I cried like a baby watching them on the field.

He makes me so darn proud of him.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow Mrs GH, she's beautiful.  I sort of know what you're feeling.  My son is a Junior and I keep thinking - eek, only a short time left with me.  

Oh and way to be a great Mom!  I bet it meant the world for her to have you there!

Patty
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wow Mrs GH, she's beautiful.  I sort of know what you're feeling.  My son is a Junior and I keep thinking - eek, only a short time left with me.  

Oh and way to be a great Mom!  I bet it meant the world for her to have you there!

Patty

I wouldn't know, the only thing she kept saying is "You didn't bring lilGH?" "I really wanted to see him."

thank you everyone. She means the world to me (along with my other kids), as well I am sure you ladies kids do to you. It seemed like just yesterday............................... and I will stop there, don't want to go remembering the past.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Way to go Mom.....parents probably don't understand how much it truly means for their kids to see them at their games/competitions/events, etc......

It meant the world to me when I was playing sports.  I graduated from high school in '02 and I already miss it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Look at at this way MrsGH, you're well on your way to being smart again.  We who have youngsters have several more years of being "stupid" in front of us.

Patty
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#7]
hit
:)

Shan
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Look at at this way MrsGH, you're well on your way to being smart again.  We who have youngsters have several more years of being "stupid" in front of us.

Patty

wait a darn minute here, you saying I am stupid?!?!. I STILL have a youngster. Remember the lil one who bit me on the butt?!!?
<mumbles to self>people keep forgetting I had a mid-life-crisis baby<mumbles to self>
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#9]
well it takes one to know one.  I wasn't ever bit on the butt but I've got my handsful with a Kindergartener!

Patty
*ETA* Do tell the story about LilGH biting your butt though....hang on I'll make popcorn!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
well it takes one to know one.  I wasn't ever bit on the butt but I've got my handsful with a Kindergartener!

Patty
*ETA* Do tell the story about LilGH biting your butt though....hang on I'll make popcorn!

It's all right here and all his daddys fault!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh too funny!  I would diffinately blame it all on Daddy!  Patty
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I gotta say, Your daughter is gonna be a heartbreaker MrsGH.(just like Mom I'm sure)

I remember my parents(especially my mother and step-mother) Sobbing like babies at every event like that.  I always wondered if it was because I was growing up, or they were growing older.

thank you cody, not to brag on myself, but she is the spittin image of me.

As far as the crying, for me it is because she is growing up, age is just a number, I feel as young as my daughter most days.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#14]
My parents never came out to see me compete. Well, one time my Dad did and after he told me I wasnt as good as the other guys.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Cute kid Mrs GH!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Sorry but she is very pretty.  I couldn't help it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#17]
thx guys.

Found out last night that the goalie who Crystal replaced in the game actually broke her sternum, poor kid was given the ok to play again next week. My guess is though she won't. And who could blame her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top