She’s trying to get the hula girl to show her how
When she gets through with this fantasy
Just come on back to Tennessee
Back with me where she’s suppose to be, my hillbilly hula gal
My hillbilly hula gal
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI

What you were describing is the Tahitian style of Hula.  Pumping of the legs and knees to get that high RPM booty shake.  Not to be confused with the flowing Hawaiian style of Hula.

The major Hula competition in Hawaii is the Merry Monarch Festival.  You should look into it if your interested.  There is also a large Hawaiian community in Texas (Austin area).  They may have a halau (hula school) there as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a newly found respect for Hula dancers.  Our trip to Hawaii opened my eyes to what I really do consider to be an art form.  We went to a Luau one night, and at the end of the evening the dancers decided to have 'audience participation' time.  I was talking to my mom, back to the dancers, and I feel a tap on my shoulder.  Lo and behold, the one hot male dancer with the body like Adonis I'd been drooling over all night was standing there before me, asking me to come up on stage (they held it indoors because it looked like it would rain).

'No thanks.  Not no, hell no.  You can't make me.  Not on your life.  Over my dead body. Uh uh.  No way', I said.  

So he drags me up on stage, and shows me how to hula.  Now, this is where my newly found respect comes in...I had been watching the female dancers all evening.  It truly amazes me that they can shake their butts as fast as they can.  I don't for the life of me understand how a human can shake their moneymaker at a higher RPM than most vehicles run at, all the while keeping it in a perfect 360 degree rotation...and not fall down.

I tried, I really did.  I have come to the conclusion that my butt just wasn't meant to shake at 90 MPH.  I guess I can go ahead and scratch off 'Hula Dancer' from the 'Things I want to be when I grow up' list...

::sigh::

<scratches Hula dancer off her list too>
Thanks for burstin' my bubble, there, Blondie!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I don't know what it was, but I was superiorly impressed.  I would LOVE to see the competition.  I think that would be amazing to watch.  As for the hula school...that actually might be something I'd do.  I'll have to see if there's one here in D/FW.

That actually sounds like a fun way to work out!

How was the surfing Sp1?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#7]
SP1,
The question is, how much blood was in your alcohol stream before you attempted?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#9]

I’ve known for years that there were MALE Hula dancers.
I bet that if you had known that fact you would have gotten into a boat and rowed all the way over to The Islands.

Why do I suddenly have this idea that you are taking up Hula Dancing as a hobby so you can go back and dance Cheek-to-Cheek (and I’m not talking Face-to-Face here) with some of those Male Dancers?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]
is that where you've been?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:46:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#13]
You might want to look into Belly Dancing.  It's a great form of exercise!  I took a couple semesters at our adult education center here in Boston.  VERY FUN.  Tons of exercise, and you learn how to move VERY seductively, and you gain a better sense of balance, and grace.

Try it!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You might want to look into Belly Dancing.  It's a great form of exercise!  I took a couple semesters at our adult education center here in Boston.  VERY FUN.  Tons of exercise, and you learn how to move VERY seductively, and you gain a better sense of balance, and grace.

Try it!

<trips over flip flops>
What is this thing called grace???
gah...I am soooooooooooo ungraceful. And I have the scarred knees and elbows to prove it!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:38:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try it!

<trips over flip flops>
What is this thing called grace???
gah...I am soooooooooooo ungraceful. And I have the scarred knees and elbows to prove it!

That's what you get for wearing non-tactical footwear.

Her too???
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yes, master

Love it when you say that
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Are ya gonna sell tickets to your practices???
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Tag for video of sp1grrl doin' da hula.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tag for video of sp1grrl doin' da hula.

That is one thing I can guarantee will never happen.

Ever.

Unless my body is taken over and possessed by an evil hula demon, in which case I fully expect someone to exorcise me before my heart explodes, but after filming it.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Thank you for noticing!

(You used a nicer term than martini-butt does).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top