Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 7:51:17 PM EDT
Ok, here we go.  This could be long.  My wife has been on seasonale birthcontrol pills.  They are the ones you take for 3 months then one week of placebos to allow you to cycle.  2 weeks ago tommorrow would have been her normal ovulation date.  She missed a pill or three and then went off for her normal week of placebos last sunday.  She should have started that day.  She still hasn't.  Things have been rough lately.  Lots of fighting.  Not to mention increased mood swings, increased sex drive, (intersting combo), now her areola's are enlarged and sensitive, she's been slightly nausieated, feeling bloated (her words) and just generally feeling like shit lately.  Here's the kicker.  If she was 12 to 15 days pregnant she should have high enough levels of the hormone in her urine to trip the tests she's taken.  She's taken 3 and all are negative.  I mean not the faintest trace of a line.  So what's the group opinion.  Am I gonna be a daddy again?  Oh yeah,  the day she actually should have ovulated was a monday.  The previous weekend we had been kid free, and spent a lot of time in bed together.  A lot.  Poll incoming, and thanks in advance for not beheading me for intruding.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
If she still hasn't had her cycle in a couple of days (if she wants to wait) or now, she should go to the doctor for a blood test.  That will give you your answer.  It sounds like I did at the beginning of my pregnancies, but ya know, when women stress, their minds give them fake symptoms.  Either way, if she hasn't cycled, her doctor should probably know Keep us updated!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:28:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Who knows?  Nerves play hell with a woman's cycle and how she feels.  The breast tenderness is a huge hint, though...but I know right before I get mine, they're tender anyway.  If this is the first time she's done the 3 month without a period pill thing, I wouldn't be worried.  But to ease your mind, she might have a test at the doc's.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Messing with our already changing hormones can create all kinds of reactions, but her behavior sounds EXACTLY as though she is pregnant, expect more crankiness.  Be sure she stops the pill until she finds out.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#4]
buy diapers
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Zig...I love you!

Dusty? Stop wondering: pee, wait five minutes and know...
See what I am sayin?
You'll be out all of 20.00 for peace of mind...
'Course if it turns blue...youre gonna be out ALOT more!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Zig...I love you!

See what I am sayin?

girl.....you ain't read what he wrote! LOL shes taken 3 negative tests already
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#7]
She's been on the seasonale for about 2 years.  Always messed with her a little bit.  Usually if she forgets a pill she'll start spotting within a day.  She has a gyno appt day after tommorrow.  So we will find out then.  It's wierd though that she's using the good tests and they aren't showing up.  Guess I'm waiting 48 more hours.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
She's been on the seasonale for about 2 years.  Always messed with her a little bit.  Usually if she forgets a pill she'll start spotting within a day.  She has a gyno appt day after tommorrow.  So we will find out then.  It's wierd though that she's using the good tests and they aren't showing up.  Guess I'm waiting 48 more hours.

what kind of test did she use?? A lot of tests require a lot more hcg than you would think.  I always used First Reponse and/or EPT.  The digital ones require a lot more of the hormone by the way.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what kind of test did she use?? A lot of tests require a lot more hcg than you would think.  I always used First Reponse and/or EPT.  The digital ones require a lot more of the hormone by the way.

There are 3 first response tests.  One of them is made by Scantiwick labs and is one of the most sensitive there is.  It should give a positive result 7 days after lthe egg implants.  It's been longer than that and no go.  Blood test coming wednesday, will update.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#10]

What are the disadvantages to women using Seasonale®?

You must remember to take it every day without fail or it will not be effective.

It does not protect against STIs.

You are more likely to have spotting and breakthrough bleeding (light to fairly heavy bleeding between periods) than with a 28-day pill.

It can be difficult to be sure you are not pregnant without a monthly period. However, a home urine pregnancy test can help you determine if you are pregnant. If you are concerned, take a pregnancy test (following the directions included with the test). The test should turn “positive” within 30 days of becoming pregnant; however, the test can be “negative” if you are in an earlier stage of pregnancy.

http://www.pamf.org/teen/sex/birthcontrol/seasonale.html

BTW, I have had the same symptoms from PMS
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#11]
She's not on it anymore.  She's on orthotricycline.  We had an insurance change and even though she got pregnant the first time while on it, they don't care and it's all they will pay for.  My gut says she's pregnant.  And when my ex wife got pregnant I'm the one who knew it, not her.  When Randa got pregnant she had no clue.  She found out having a pre op exam.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#12]
So how long has it been since she switched to the orthotricycline?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I say she's on it, but she's actually not.  She would have started yesterday if she didn't think she was pregnant.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
She's not on it anymore.  She's on orthotricycline.  We had an insurance change and even though she got pregnant the first time while on it, they don't care and it's all they will pay for.  My gut says she's pregnant.  And when my ex wife got pregnant I'm the one who knew it, not her.  When Randa got pregnant she had no clue.  She found out having a pre op exam.

It was the same with me and my husband; he told me I was pregnant, the know-it-all.  It took three positive tests to convince me the first time.  Shock.  

Just wanted to add, if her nausea is influenced by a heightened sense of smell, it could also be a sign of pregnancy.  Coffee, meat cooking, and exhaust fumes get me when I'm pregnant.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My husband asked me to stop taking the pill after I was off it for a while because (for antibiotics)he recognized a dramatic difference in my behavior.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Zig...I love you!

See what I am sayin?

girl.....you ain't read what he wrote! LOL shes taken 3 negative tests already

My bad...caffeine deprivation..carry on...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My husband asked me to stop taking the pill after I was off it for a while because (for antibiotics)he recognized a dramatic difference in my behavior.  

My ex wife was on depo.  It caused her to inflate like a helium balloon and to become the worlds biggest bitch.  It contributed a lot to our divorce.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#18]
All I can say is Zoloft may help to deaden the pain if she is not PG (taken by you, not here).

On the other hand, seems that being PG with a boy makes  women sicker than having a girl (as least with my demon seedings).  So with the chance of having a new shooting buddy on way, better start stocking up the gun collection for the little guy now
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
buy diapers
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
buy diapers

+1, plus use and alternate b/c method until you're 100% sure she's not prego.  She might or might not be prego -- tall tell sign for me was sore boobies.   Patty
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
It caused her to inflate like a helium balloon and to become the worlds biggest bitch.  It contributed a lot to our divorce.

There is a joke in there somewhere...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Bad news,  I hope she's not pregnant.  She pulled her shit again and I had to call the cops.  I'm bleeding like hell and missing a lot of skin,  cops said the only way she didn't go to jail was for her to stay gone while I packed and left.  So I'm packing and waiting on my ride.  She'll probably go get an abortion or lie to me and tell me she's not preggo if she is.  
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=388708 for more info and background.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like you both have serious "I love to hate you issues".  Very volatile.  Maybe some time apart will do you good.  But if she is pregnant, then you need to try to work things out.  It's not the baby's fault that you guys are being immature brats.

And yeah, I read the other thread.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sounds like you both have serious "I love to hate you issues".  Very volatile.  Maybe some time apart will do you good.  But if she is pregnant, then you need to try to work things out.  It's not the baby's fault that you guys are being immature brats.

And yeah, I read the other thread

And Ya know...if I see ONE MORE thread like that I may slip off into a coma....out of sheer BOREDOM.

WTF...No offense to ANYONE here...but if I were having marital problems to THAT degree...I surely would not put it out there on the internet...Don't y'all have buddies to knock back a few with??? Shoot...I merely MENTION martinis and my girlfriends are there...Mention I need to talk about something serious and they're there in even less time...

I know you guys lack a uterus, but BOND for Crissakes...MAKE FRIENDS...leave the rest of us clowns here on ARFCOM to our own devices...there's plentyof shit we can nitpick to the funnybone without nitpicking a person's life!

Rant off.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
buy diapers

and beer.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:29:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#27]
A baby is the last thing you two need at the moment.  I pray she is not pregnant - for the child's sake.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
A baby is the last thing you two need at the moment.  I pray she is not pregnant - for the child's sake.

You and I both, I hate to say that but I've never prayed for anything so hard in my life.  A lot of stuff has come out the last 2 days and it may end up with her being in court on some very serious charges.  No child needs a mother in prison or needs to be born there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and I both, I hate to say that but I've never prayed for anything so hard in my life.  A lot of stuff has come out the last 2 days and it may end up with her being in court on some very serious charges.  No child needs a mother in prison or needs to be born there.

For the sake of the child, I hope there isnt one.

As for you Dusty, no offense, but I'm kinda guessin you are getting what you had coming.  I read your other post and if its been like this for sometime I sure hope you had tried to work on it, or had seeked counseling, if not I dont see that you have any room to complain at all (if you are). Sounds like the signs were everywhere, you might have been blinded by the twat?

Get your affairs in order and get out now, before you get drug any further down.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the sake of the child, I hope there isnt one.

As for you Dusty, no offense, but I'm kinda guessin you are getting what you had coming.  I read your other post and if its been like this for sometime I sure hope you had tried to work on it, or had seeked counseling, if not I dont see that you have any room to complain at all (if you are). Sounds like the signs were everywhere, you might have been blinded by the twat?

Get your affairs in order and get out now, before you get drug any further down.

I ve been out for 24 hours now.  Guns are sold, all accounts with my name on them were paid off and closed.  Shoulders seem to feel a hell of a lot lighter.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I ve been out for 24 hours now.  Guns are sold, all accounts with my name on them were paid off and closed.  Shoulders seem to feel a hell of a lot lighter.

Sorry to hear you had to sell your guns, but they can be replaced, right?

Any word on the PG thing?

As for the other stuff you said she was into, have you spoken to an attorney to see if you can be drug into any of that?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As for the other stuff you said she was into, have you spoken to an attorney to see if you can be drug into any of that?

Oh they won't need to be replaced.  The rest of the accounts existed prior to the marriage.  No word yet on the pregnancy, although she knows.  She tried calling today but wouldn't leave a message and I wasn't here.  With that one exception, I'm out clean.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#33]
On a blood test how long does it take to get results back.  She had a blood test today.  But she claims they haven't told her yet.  Considering the apologetic email begging me back, my hunch is that she's not and doesn't want to tell me she's not so that she doesn't lose a possible bargaining chip.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#34]
It depends on how long it takes to do the lab work, but I've heard of a few circumstances where it was within a few hours

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
It depends on how long it takes to do the lab work, but I've heard of a few circumstances where it was within a few hours

I think she is trying to play you and your feelings for her.  Everytime she does something like that just close your eyes and imagine those pics those other guys sent her.....the look on her face when you asked her.....the absolute hurt and anger you fealt.  That should help thwart any thoughts of you considering taking her back....

Different arfcommer, not me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:35:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh they won't need to be replaced.  The rest of the accounts existed prior to the marriage.  No word yet on the pregnancy, although she knows.  She tried calling today but wouldn't leave a message and I wasn't here.  With that one exception, I'm out clean.

That's ONE BIG EXCEPTION!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's ONE BIG EXCEPTION!

My thoughts EXACTLY Daisy!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think she is trying to play you and your feelings for her.  Everytime she does something like that just close your eyes and imagine those pics those other guys sent her.....the look on her face when you asked her.....the absolute hurt and anger you fealt.  That should help thwart any thoughts of you considering taking her back....

Sorry, similar post goin on in another thread also, must have gotten them confused.

original edited.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, similar post goin on in another thread also, must have gotten them confused.

original edited.

Peta...easy mistake to make...I'd personally need all the appendages of every Arfcommer to count the many "we're splittin' up" threads and all their similarities!

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Pregnancy tests take about an hour max.

You usually find out before you even leave the office.  

If and only if they process the test on-site and don't have to send it out to a lab.

I just asked my girlfriend about your issue Dusty, she's an ass't managing nurse at a planned parenthood.

1) The urine tests more commonly report false negatives than false positives, but if it has been 14 days since her last sexual encounter, it should be accurate.  She stressed that an ectopic pregnancy (fertilization in the fallopian tube) is a possible reason for a false negative, and that this is a life threatening situation.

2) Seasonale (sp?) is a "problematic" pill.  It's known to cause irregular bleeding.  Her clinic doesn't perscribe that pill for those reasons, though that also means they have little to no experience with it.

3) Ortho tri-cycline (again, sp? Why can't they just name 'em "Bob"??)  is an old standby pill that works and has been around forever.  BUT (and I quote) "It only works if you take it!"  And that means every day, same bat time, same bat channel.  

If you want me to bounce anything else off her, let me know.  Good luck with your situation man!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks.  According to her she's not pregnant.  Don't know if I believe her but I don't have anything else to go on.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Good news?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Good news?

Since we split up last week, yes, it's great news.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like great news given that it sounded like a really bad relationship from your other posts. My suggestion would be to put it all behind you and don't contact her ever again.

Please don't be one of those people that goes back after a while (both men and women who do this frustrate me to no end)!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Sounds like great news given that it sounded like a really bad relationship from your other posts. My suggestion would be to put it all behind you and don't contact her ever again.

Please don't be one of those people that goes back after a while (both men and women who do this frustrate me to no end)!

I'm not one of them. trust me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top