Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 9:36:15 AM EDT
I posted this in the general forum and was informed to try and post it here.  My question needs a female point of view.  What are your definitrions of "love" and "in love".  Your answers will help me a lot. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Unanswerable.  Love is mysterious as is the concept of being "in love".  Some will say "in love" is lust and love is more sturdy.  I'm not convinced one is any stronger than the other, but it is likely that it depends on the person, their age, and their sex.  Humans are imperfect; our love is imperfect; yet we love in ways that are sometimes extraordinary.  Unanswerable.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#2]
going with daydreamer's thought

if "in love" is the lust and giddiness that comes at the beginning of a relationship, "love" is committment--the always and forever part
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unanswerable.  Love is mysterious as is the concept of being "in love".  Some will say "in love" is lust and love is more sturdy.  I'm not convinced one is any stronger than the other, but it is likely that it depends on the person, their age, and their sex.  Humans are imperfect; our love is imperfect; yet we love in ways that are sometimes extraordinary.  Unanswerable.

Quoted:
going with daydreamer's thought

if "in love" is the lust and giddiness that comes at the beginning of a relationship, "love" is committment--the always and forever part

That rolling, sickening, almost nauseating feeling you get in your stomach and chest, is the 'In Love"?  Only been there once really.  I would say 'Love' is when you put the other person's needs wants and desires ahead of your own, without ever mentioning it.  Real love wants only the best for the other person, even if it is never returned.  

"Love suffers long and is kind; Love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up (arrogant); does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails......"  I Cor. 13:4-8 NKJ

I may not BE a SmARt woMan, bUt I Know whAt Love Is nOT. It certainly is not a man/woman that finds fault with every movement and or decision, or does not trust, or takes the time to hurt physically or emotionally. No jelousy!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:42:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:15:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the more appropriate words to use is LOVE and LUST.  Lust would be the desire - not necessarily sexual, but obviously attraction but the desire to be with another person is lust.  LOVE is the unconditional commitment one succumbs too.

A good comparison is the feeling you have towards your parents.  Even those who have challenged relationships with their parents there is a love there that is undeniable.  The feeling you have early on in a relationship with a man or a woman is fun, exciting but your mind is able to discern judgment.

Patty

*ETA* Where's DRAKE?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Very good answers for me. Thanks, so with those answers, how is it that women fall out of love?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#7]
puke.......
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Very good answers for me. Thanks, so with those answers, how is it that women fall out of love?

No one falls out of love.  Even my ex husband is someone very important to me.  Granted I would rather stick screw drivers in my eye sockets then spend time with him but it would sadden me to know end to have him hurt.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Straight up, I don't know, but... humans aren't always easy to live with and sometimes it's even harder to live up to their expectations.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#10]
people dont fall out of love

love is not everyday all day fireworks, roses and hot sex

love is remaining committed , even when the rainbows arent around every day

currently, some people choose not to honor that committment, blame others for their issues, act selfishly and must have instant gratification
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one falls out of love.  Even my ex husband is someone very important to me.  Granted I would rather stick screw drivers in my eye sockets then spend time with him but it would sadden me to know end to have him hurt.

Patty

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Patty

Patty, you must be a saint, and I an evil bad word.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Love is a sentimental connection, a bond. Can be based on sex, on passion, on friendship, companionship or whatever it is that welds to personalities together.

And, like all bonds, it not unique and it can be broken.

I resent the idea that love is forever, because it allows for excusing crappy behavior. Love isn't forever, it's a house that is built with teamwork, commitment and affection. Stop maintaning it, and it falls apart. Love, like a house, can fall into disrepair and eventually it isn't a house anymore, but a devotion to something that USED to be.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top