Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 6:54:43 PM EDT
I am now the proud grandmother of two more granddaughters.  My daughter gave birth (two months prematurely) last night to Madison, weighing 3 lbs 8 oz and Mackensey, weighing 3 lbs 3 oz; both were 16 inches long.  So far they are doing well - doing most of their breathing on their own.

Please keep these little ones and their Mom in your thoughts and prayers (not that Dad doesn't need to be remembered).  They still have a long way to go before they can come home.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
done, please keep us up to date on how they are all doing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope the wee ones will be home soon.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:29:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thoughts and prayers for everyone. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
 My sister seriously considered Madison before naming her daughter Mackenzie.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow twins.  Prayers on the way.  I can't wait for pictures!!  Patty
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats!

Great names by the way, very unique!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]
God bless them little ones  Preemies have SUCH good care nowadays, there's no doubt they'll be just great !

Congrats, Grams !

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the well wishes.  To update you, Madison is doing well except for having a high oxygen level.  Mackensey is having a lot of problems breathing (Respiratory distress syndrome).  She will be undergoing more tests today to try to determine the cause.  Also, she has been sedated because she is too active.  The nurses say she is quite a little fireball, a fighter fiesty and hot tempered .  Mom gets to come home today or tomorrow - whenever the cardiologists releases her.  

Oh,  my daughter found out today they are identical twins.

Patty, I have taken pictures of them but I will not be posting them - when they are older and no longer have tubes connected to them, then I will posts pics.    For now I will respect their privacy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Prayers sent!  Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent weights for preemies! They are in my prayers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Congrats!

Great names by the way, very unique!!

Actually my daughter had Madison picked out for her first child (22 months old) but when she was born she was named Alexis - "because she didn't look like a Madison".  The twins are named for their paternal grandmother and an aunt (Mom's sister).

The twins are doing well although there seems to be a new problem everyday.  But they are fighters and have overcome each hurdle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:16:38 AM EDT
[#15]
big time prayers for the new little ones.  

Congratulations!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Congratulations on your new granddaughters. My wife gave birth to twins a little over 14 months ago and they were two months premature. THey had some of the same problems you just mentioned. Don't worry too much though, although it is a tought time now they will make it through. Y daughters are doing just great and have almost cmpletely caught up to the averages the docs say they should be within. The medicine and doctors and most of all the nureses are great these days. I will send a prayer up for your granddaughters and entre family.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Earnest prayers sent for all involved!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does this mean you can't remember your other password?

nah just figures she might remember that DpC had preemie twins vs some weir bug lady.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#19]
___
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:02:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does this mean you can't remember your other password?

nah just figures she might remember that DpC had preemie twins vs some weir bug lady.

Okay, if I can crack this code Dpc posts under a new name now?  Ladybug?  I couldn't remember if your twins were premature but I do remember your friend who had the twins a few months ago and lost one of them.  I still think about her often.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah my twinks were preemies - only 5 weeks though. They were both 5 lbers, with my girl being heavier.  One thing I learned from having preemies (and being in the hospital so much in PTL) is that apparently female preemies do *much* better than male! They are stronger and can overcome difficulties much better to live healthy lives. So the fact that you have 2 girls - heh! I recommend you start figuring out if you are buying them matching cars when they turn 16

I am still amazed at how strong those tiny things can be. My friend's preemie that survived, the girl, is HUGE! You would never know she was a preemie from looking at her and she is only 5 months old.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:28:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for all the well wishes.  The twins are doing remarkably well.  Both are breathing completely on there own and have begun gaining weight (both had lost 5 ounces).  The doctors found a hole in Madison's lung at the end of last week and she has had two more tears in her lung since then. Mackensey has been moved to the transitional nursery.  Madison was going to have been moved but they found another tear in her lung so they kept her in NICU.

I am just amazed at how well they have progressed considering they were 10 weeks early.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Prayer sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top