Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 12:40:53 PM EDT
I feel like I'm being a bit sexist by posting this thread here, but quite honestly, I know the general discussion guys are a bunch of slobs and probably don't know what a vacuum cleaner looks like.

I need to replace my Fantom Fury, it has been a good one, but I did have to repair it a couple of times. I need a recomendation of which one is best.  I need one that sucks well and is durable (yes, I am still talking about vacuum cleaners ).  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
price range??

i cleaned homes for more than 4 years and used many brands at client's homes--im qualified, id say

orrecks are awesome and worth the investment but are pricey to start

for less, i like eurekas

anything but dirt devils

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
price range??

i cleaned homes for more than 4 years and used many brands at client's homes--im qualified, id say

for less, i like eurekas

anything but dirt devils

Ever used a Fantom?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
price range??

for less, i like eurekas

anything but dirt devils

I cleaned for almost 6 years, I am right there with ya D_C!

I've used a fantom and IMHO oreck beats it hands down. Problem with oreck is that  they can clog easy, but they also unclog easy.  If you have pets who shed alot, oreck isn't what you want.
I've heard good things about Dyson, but never tried it yet. I have found when looking for vacuums, the best place to look is a vacuum dealer/ repair place who carries several brands. Yes the good ones cost more money, but last forever. There is one brand in particular I am trying to remember, but can't remember right now. If I do, I'll post again.
I have to agree with D_C on dirt devils, just not a great vacuum.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
EB says to tell you "Miele".

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Jumps in real quick

Just bought a bissel, little green clean machine or wtf it is for the dog stains.  It's an effing miracle worker.

Jumps out even quicker.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The only kind I like is the Rainbow, but they're a bit expensive.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Dyson.  I just got, "The Animal", and the thing is incredible at picking up dog hair.  Right around 5 bills, and you can even order them on-line through their site.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
ive never used a dyson or a fantom--i worked for merry maids for a few months and they have a contract with oreck

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:07:02 AM EDT
[#10]
The gf made fun of my 70 dollar vacuum until I got fed up and said "Fine, which one do you want?!"  Ended up buying her a Dyson for like 450.  Great vacuum, doesn't get used much though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I love my oreck, and it comes with a free smaller cannister vacuum which I use constantly!

It was one of the best investments I ever made.  I have 3 cats, and it keeps my house super clean.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:31:12 AM EDT
[#12]
If you have not bought your vacuum yet I finally remembered the name of the cleaner I was looking for

Riccar. website

When I was cleaning this was the choice of all private cleaning persons I knew.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a black labrador that stays in the house.  Her favorite place to lay is right in front of my cream colored sofa.  A couple of months ago, she was shedding so badly that she even turned my tan carpet gray.  I purchased an Electrolux from Lowes.  It was about $275 but worth every penny.  There is even a great attachment with a roller brush so I can get the hair off furniture.  I love it!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you peeps get Dyson over there?

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Can you peeps get Dyson over there?

www.ogormans.co.uk/images/Dyson-DC07std.JPG

Taffy

That's the one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:18:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the general discussion guys are a bunch of slobs and probably don't know what a vacuum cleaner looks like.

I saw a vacuum cleaner from across the room, once.

Tha one I have works real well for hanging my jacket and hat on when I get in from working outside
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#18]
we use a "dyson animal" series, we have a dog and it works as well as my 6hp shop vac. it's pricey but works great, even 3 years later.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#19]
+1 for the Dyson Animal DC14
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I love my oreck, and it comes with a free smaller cannister vacuum which I use constantly!

It was one of the best investments I ever made.  I have 3 cats, and it keeps my house super clean.

Big time on the Oreck! Made in USA too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Overstock has dysons starting at around 250.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top