Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:13:56 AM EDT
Well as many of you know, I have been gone for a bit caring for mom. Let's just say MrGH doesn't share the same drive I do to keep the house as spotless as I do. So yesterday I am busy picking up, vacumming, mopping the woodfloors etc. LilGH is being an angel and playing oh so nice, so I thought. I was finished with what I was doing and I walked around the corner of the living room and I see nothing but black smoke filling my kitchen from the microwave   . I run over, open it and there lays a plastic gun in flames!!!! I get it out real quick, throw it in the sink and turn the water on, run thru the house opening windows and turning on fans to get the smoke out and LilGH is sitting in a chair in the living room watching the kitchen and screaming. I picked him up and told him it was ok, it was an accident, don't be upset. He clung to me with a deathgrip for an hour before he fell asleep sobbing in my arms.
I layed him down and got the microwave out of the house, the gun out of the house and started cleaning the black smoke in the kitchen off the walls and counter around where the microwave sat. So last night we go get a new microwave and I am setting the time and LilGH hears the beeps and goes balistic with tears again. I had to reassure him all was ok, showed him the old microwave and the gun outside. Took some time but he calmed down.
I think today the rest of the mess can sit, I will get the necessary laundry done but the rest waits until MrGH is here to keep LilGH occupied.
Anyone in need of a new microwave? It still runs, the food will just taste of smoke real bad for awhile
I'll get pics of the disaster later today.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
"TOO" anal!

I'm TOO anal about bad grammar!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:22:05 AM EDT
[#2]
i know it must have been quite an experience, patti, but.....

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:25:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i know it must have been quite an experience, patti, but.....

yes I am laughing now, I wasn't yesterday though.

markm, go bury your head in the sand.  Spelling nazis really aren't wanted in the womens forum.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh MrsGH!  That's [sorry] too funny!  I have a similar story to tell about my son Wyatt.  When he was about LilGH's age he put an A drive floppy disk in the microwave [unfortunately he didn't have the same concerns and remorse and LilGH!] He also stuck a can of tuna in the oven [at 450].  My daughter was washing the dishes when it exploded [you'd think she would have noticed him tossing the can in the oven -- I was doing income taxes at the time] she litterally jumped to the counter and started screaming [Wyatt was watching TV by then] we had tuna on the ceiling, the oven door blew off.  Egads all might, the dern thing still doesn't work well.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh dear....

The things I get to look forward to as my son gets older...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh dear....

The things I get to look forward to as my son gets older...

I'm staring it in the face too.  Matter of fact, mine almost took off with an entire case of major pills at Grandma's house this week.  You think they're getting their brain cells together in some logical fashion and THEN...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, I can only tell you......You have LOTS to look forward too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Which model Glock was it????

A 1911 could've withstood microwaving no problem.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]
My mom tells me that anytime I was quiet for more than an hour, she knew she was screwed....

Dinosaur traps (several spools of 50 lb test strung with treble hooks throughout the back yard)

Painted my little brother with outdoor acrylic paint

Filled the gas tank of the riding mower with water (we owned a gas station--I wanted to gas up the tractor)

Duct taped my little brother to a kitchen chair.

Got the cat stuck in the toilet.

(when I got older)

Blew the lid off the range. Took all the pan rests off the burners, covered them with tupperware, turned on all the gas knobs, and then flicked the button to "Light". FWOOMP!

Blew the doors off the gas fireplace.

Accidentaly set off a small to medium sized pyrotechnic device in the living room. Deafened my brother for 2 weeks, burnt all the hair off my legs, scortched the ceiling and started 11 fires throughout the house.

And then I got my driver's liscence....

GT

Not having any kids, because Karma will kill me....
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
If it is too quite there is trouble!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
My mom tells me that anytime I was quiet for more than an hour, she knew she was screwed....

Dinosaur traps (several spools of 50 lb test strung with treble hooks throughout the back yard)

Filled the gas tank of the riding mower with water (we owned a gas station--I wanted to gas up the tractor)

(when I got older)

Blew the lid off the range. Took all the pan rests off the burners, covered them with tupperware, turned on all the gas knobs, and then flicked the button to "Light". FWOOMP!

Accidentaly set off a small to medium sized pyrotechnic device in the living room. Deafened my brother for 2 weeks, burnt all the hair off my legs, scortched the ceiling and started 11 fires throughout the house.

GT

WOW!  If you are Catholic, I believe your poor dear mother is guaranteed sainthood!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Age 2-3, twin and I get up on stove, steal "mother's little helpers" ingest unknown amount each, run around the house for 3 days saying "I told you so" over and over.
This occurs during winter, in an AF duplex Qtrs., in Anchorage. No sunshine, no shove the 2 miscreants outside to run it off.

Age 4, my twin shoved me in the dryer. Mom found me 3 hrs later, no, he didnt turn it on.

Age 7 twin kept kicking me in the head, he was on the couch I was on the floor, pencil in the foot.

Age 8, driving from Tucson to Roswell, Mom, twin and I. Mom leaves brother at trading post,
we drive an hr or so before she misses him, I dont say a word. Hehehehe

Age 20 twin and I arguing in car, he pulls up to curb in front of Dad's house, we both bail.
He chases me around back, lookin to whup ass. We get around front, his VW Beetle has taken out 4 mailboxes and a phone box as it rolls down the hill, he forgot the hand brake.

If ya think one is a trip, try twins!

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(when I got older)

GT

WOW!  If you are Catholic, I believe your poor dear mother is guaranteed sainthood!

Nah, Lutheran.

While in church, my little brother (about 5 at the time) very politely, but very loudly asked the pastor, "God, can I go to the bathroom?" My poor grandmother nearly fainted.

We used to play a game which entailed running at full speed through the house, slamming every door we passed shut, in an effort to slow the persuing party. Cost my little brother 25 stitches and 3 broken fingers.

Playing Karate in the back yard, I caught my little brother just right to dislocate his hip.

After teasing my brother on the way to school, he took off ahead in a huff. When he was a substantial distance away, he picked up a rock and hurled it at me. I actually had time to say to my friend, "There is no way that's gonna...." Apparently, it did, and required stitches as well.

One Thanksgiving, my brother was messing with my Grandfather's rock polisher (belt driven). We told him to leave it alone several times. He ignored the warnings, and it required 80 stitches to put the skin back on his fingers.

While playing three fly's up, I dove for a pass. My brother stepped on my big toe and I heard it break. I bet my mom 20 bucks that it was broken. I won the bet. The joke, however, was on me. Pop Warner football started 2 days after the breaking of the toe. I never missed a practice.

While casting balls for my Grandfather's kentucky rifle, my brother managed to spill an entire dipper of molten lead on his hand.

While jumping off a short set of bleachers (5 feet high or so), I had the misfortune of getting my foot fouled on my little brother's head immediately after my departure. It cost me 12 stitches in my eyelid.

While fishing, my brother managed to bury 2 sets of treble hooks in the underside of my dad's arm. To further compound dad's discomfort, when we got the boat back on the trailer and made it back into town, our family doctor made my dad wait while he had his wife bring his camera to him.

My mom earned every one of her gray hairs, simply by surviving us!

GT
And then I bought a motorcycle.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
(when I got older)
GT

Nah, Lutheran.
While in church, my little brother (about 5 at the time) very politely, but very loudly asked the pastor, "God, can I go to the bathroom?" My poor grandmother nearly fainted.
We used to play a game which entailed running at full speed through the house, slamming every door we passed shut, in an effort to slow the persuing party. Cost my little brother 25 stitches and 3 broken fingers.
Playing Karate in the back yard, I caught my little brother just right to dislocate his hip.
After teasing my brother on the way to school, he took off ahead in a huff. When he was a substantial distance away, he picked up a rock and hurled it at me. I actually had time to say to my friend, "There is no way that's gonna...." Apparently, it did, and required stitches as well.
One Thanksgiving, my brother was messing with my Grandfather's rock polisher (belt driven). We told him to leave it alone several times. He ignored the warnings, and it required 80 stitches to put the skin back on his fingers.
While playing three fly's up, I dove for a pass. My brother stepped on my big toe and I heard it break. I bet my mom 20 bucks that it was broken. I won the bet. The joke, however, was on me. Pop Warner football started 2 days after the breaking of the toe. I never missed a practice.
While casting balls for my Grandfather's kentucky rifle, my brother managed to spill an entire dipper of molten lead on his hand.
While jumping off a short set of bleachers (5 feet high or so), I had the misfortune of getting my foot fouled on my little brother's head immediately after my departure. It cost me 12 stitches in my eyelid.
While fishing, my brother managed to bury 2 sets of treble hooks in the underside of my dad's arm. To further compound dad's discomfort, when we got the boat back on the trailer and made it back into town, our family doctor made my dad wait while he had his wife bring his camera to him.
My mom earned every one of her gray hairs, simply by surviving us!
GT
And then I bought a motorcycle.....

You guys got me beat in a few areas, but how much did you enjoy telling your parents about the stuff they DIDNT find out about after you left?

That was too funny.  Within 6 mos of me moving out, my mom found out the real reasons why the trees in and around our place didnt grow tops anymore (22......not the elk or cows)

Why in 1992 it cost an extra $50 to get all the cows vacc'd that day (had vet remove bb from brothers leg, they will penetrate thru blue jeans at 20yds!)

What really happened to all the apples and pears off of the fruit trees in just one weekends time (best game of baseball I've ever played!)

Who actually painted the flouro green spots on the neighbors holstein cows that nite...

What actually happened to that cute lil dog who kept crapping in our yard (accident...I swear, the pellet hit about 3" too high)

Where all that nice 4pt blacktail ended up the last weekend of season that my mom was hoping would make it....(she didnt complain when she was eating the backstrap)

How the rearend actually got torn out of Dad's truck...

I was just blessed with a CSO that "understood" some........

the list goes on and on.....but damn that brings back some good memories!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You guys got me beat in a few areas, but how much did you enjoy telling your parents about the stuff they DIDNT find out about after you left?

That was too funny.  Within 6 mos of me moving out, my mom found out the real reasons why the trees in and around our place didnt grow tops anymore (22......not the elk or cows)

Why in 1992 it cost an extra $50 to get all the cows vacc'd that day (had vet remove bb from brothers leg, they will penetrate thru blue jeans at 20yds!)

What really happened to all the apples and pears off of the fruit trees in just one weekends time (best game of baseball I've ever played!)

Who actually painted the flouro green spots on the neighbors holstein cows that nite...

What actually happened to that cute lil dog who kept crapping in our yard (accident...I swear, the pellet hit about 3" too high)

Where all that nice 4pt blacktail ended up the last weekend of season that my mom was hoping would make it....(she didnt complain when she was eating the backstrap)

How the rearend actually got torn out of Dad's truck...

I was just blessed with a CSO that "understood" some........

the list goes on and on.....but damn that brings back some good memories!

I've been outta the house for 10 years. I still manage to shock my parents. Nothing involving livestock but I did spend my teen years living in Las Vegas. Yes, you can cause all kinds of chaos in a town like that. No, I can't share all my stories, this is a mixed crowd (didn't always used to be fat!) and I am not sure the statute of limitations has fully expired....

I can tell you that with enough running start, a Honda Civic Wagon will go places that a Jeep will not. I can also tell you that if a Jeep won't make it, you have absolutely NO business taking a Honda there......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top