Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 9:07:23 PM EDT
It's been a long 3 weeks but I am finally home for good. (Unless something major crops up)
Mom is doing much better but still no where near her self yet. She has therapy twice a week and the therapist says he sees slight improvement every time she is in. Which he says is a good thing since she had lost probably close to 75% of her muscle and strength the few days she was in the hospital after surgery.  SHe is able to care for herself with minimal assistance now and that is mainly just bathing and getting in and out of the house because of the steps.  She is still in alot of pain, but hopefully as she strengthens her leg muscles, that will improve.
I felt guilty today when I was getting ready to leave and asked the therapist if he thought she would be ok by herself during the day or if I needed to stay more. He told me as long as someone was there at night to help with her exercises, get her to therapy and out of the house now and then, she would be fine without me.
Now I need to get back on my regular sleeping schedule. I got used to being up till midnight or after bs'n with dad and now I can't sleep. I feel kinda like this dude here.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear things are going well with you mom. Now take some time to adjust to being home,and enjoy your family.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Great job with Mom MrsGH.  Welcome Home.  Patty
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm glad you finally get to go home, and I'm sure MrGungho is excited, too!  Good job helping your family, now relax and take it easy.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top