Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 4:45:09 PM EDT
If I may post in your forum ladies.

Is there anything you can take as a supplement that will speed the growth of your fingernails?  My thumbnail is growing back after the dog bite six months ago but it's not looking too good. What was left of the old nail is thick and white looking underneath but the new nail growth looks normal. I was just wondering if there was anyway to speed up the process.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
j-e-l-l-o

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Prenatal vitamins.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Biotin?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#5]
DC is right Jello is the best thing.  You can try knox unflavored gelatin if you do not want the extra calories.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Well heres what you do see: you go get yourself a bottle of superglue. Dont try to substitue with elmers or something like that but the real stuff that tingles your nose when you sniff it. Then you get your pocket knife and cut a piece of plastic off of a cup or somesuch. Then you wanna shape that piece to liken a fingernail. Dont be afraid to make it a little bigger than your original nail. Then you wanna take that whittled out piece of plastic and superglue it to your finger. Good as new and you didnt even have to buy any fancy vitamins and whatnot.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Drink whole milk!  I drink 1 to 3 gallons a week and have to trim my nails twice a week.  When I drink less at times, I don't have to trim as often.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Calcium suppliments should work unless you'd rather just drink milk.

I think vitamin E or D (can't remember which) also helps.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Calcium suppliments should work unless you'd rather just drink milk.

I think vitamin E or D (can't remember which) also helps.

D with Calcium
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#10]
eat tums
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well heres what you do see: you go get yourself a bottle of superglue. Dont try to substitue with elmers or something like that but the real stuff that tingles your nose when you sniff it......

Ok, *putting on the serious face* Do Not Ever Sniff The Superglue Fumes. Ever. They are toxic like you would not believe. I don't mean feel all funny like sniffing magic marker toxic, I mean like a sudden chemical allergy, searing pain, near blindness, damage to the throat and lungs toxic.
*taking off serious face*

Also be aware that if you spill a large ammount of cyanoacrylate glue on something like cotton, you can not only produce toxic fumes, but start a fire as well.

And no matter what, don't ever, under any circumstance, put a bottle of thin CA in your pants pocket. *shudder*

GT
Airplane geek
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I think you should post picks of the thumb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top