Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2005 9:09:24 PM EDT
some women hold grudges for so long. My soon to be ex just wont let go that i finally departed her death grip on me. Our marriage hit rock botton do to her inability to keep her ass home. She thought it was alright for a married woman to stay out until 5:00 am partying and such. When she made the statement that she can get "Any man to do what i done for her & her kids". That when i freed her up tp seek better oppurtunities down the road.Well she thought I would fall on my face. But I found a real woman and have improved my lifestyle greatly. Noe her so called friends have told her you should have stayed home.Needless to say she is just so damn mean whenever i bump into her.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Every time you see her just say hi bitch very nicely
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
some women hold grudges for so long. My soon to be ex just wont let go that i finally departed her death grip on me. Our marriage hit rock botton do to her inability to keep her ass home. She thought it was alright for a married woman to stay out until 5:00 am partying and such. When she made the statement that she can get "Any man to do what i done for her & her kids". That when i freed her up tp seek better oppurtunities down the road.Well she thought I would fall on my face. But I found a real woman and have improved my lifestyle greatly. Noe her so called friends have told her you should have stayed home.Needless to say she is just so damn mean whenever i bump into her.

Don't know you; don't know her.  Sounds like you still have considerable emotions bound up in all this.  Hope you get unwound.  Ah, but the children (sigh)...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
We're all different. Try not to let her games upset you or your kids.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with Patty.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
The real question is:

Why do you care what she thinks?
She's and EX right?

Your days of pleasing her are over.
I'm not saying be mean to her or anything. That wouldn't sit well with the kids, but you really shouldn't give a crap if she's happy with you or not.

As to why women hold a grudge: Well, same reason guys do.
Can't stand that the person you dropped turned out better than you thought they were.
Deep down she's not really mad at YOU. She's mad at herself. She's most likely pissed because she over estimated her impact on your life and since she's not happy, you shouldn't be either.

Nothing gnaws at a person more than seeing their cast offs happy with someone else. Especially when they aren't happy themselves.

It's not specific to women. Guys do it too. I think guys are just better at hiding it. (generally speaking of course)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Every time you see her just say hi bitch very nicely

LOL!

She sounds mentally off her rocker.  Glad you've found a good woman.  I'm guessing the Ex WASN'T able to find a good replacement for you?  I thought she could get "any man"?  *cough*

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can't stand that the person you dropped turned out better than you thought they were.
Deep down she's not really mad at YOU. She's mad at herself. She's most likely pissed because she over estimated her impact on your life and since she's not happy, you shouldn't be either.

Nothing gnaws at a person more than seeing their cast offs happy with someone else. Especially when they aren't happy themselves.

It's not specific to women. Guys do it too.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Personally, I think men hold grudges against former wives/girlfriends longer.  Women get over relationships.  But it's obvious just by the postings and threads on this board that men DWELL.  I think it's because women can talk to their friends about their feelings, and work through the anger and hurt.  And eventually most can let it go.  Men don't talk, and it just festers, and then they carry those bad feelings into their next relationship.  I've seen it happen time and time again.  Divorced men can be sooo bitter.

I'm not saying women don't hold grudges, but I've seen it worse with men.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#10]
So who has the kids?
How old are they?
Do you still see them?
Does she give you a lot of grief when you see them?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I find that if you kill your ex and dispose of the body properly, there are no grudges to hold....

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Dude, my wife holds grudges like you wouldn't believe! Not a little grudge, but show up to the funeral to dance on the casket kind of grudge. I, on the other hand, try to not ever get mad about anything. And if I do get mad, I tend to cool off very quickly. Don't sweat it--it isn't like she can cut off your pie supply

GT
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Personally, I think men hold grudges against former wives/girlfriends longer.  Women get over relationships.  But it's obvious just by the postings and threads on this board that men DWELL.  I think it's because women can talk to their friends about their feelings, and work through the anger and hurt.  And eventually most can let it go.  Men don't talk, and it just festers, and then they carry those bad feelings into their next relationship.  I've seen it happen time and time again.  Divorced men can be sooo bitter.

YMMV.

Men get over women quite easily. It's that monthly alimony / welfare handout that keeps reminding them.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm still pissed off about something that happened in the 80's.

Abba breaking up?

WHAT????
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Some women hold grudges for so long for the same reason some men do.  I have a hard time holding a grudge.  It really sounds as if she is bitter that you can get along without her.  Im sure she would rather see you miserable than see you out with another woman.  Be polite when you have to make contact with her and don't let her 'meanness' get to you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV.

Men get over women quite easily. It's that monthly alimony / welfare handout that keeps reminding them.

Gee, Merrell, I pay MY EX every other week.  And I'm not that bitter.  Much.

the more I hear from you, the more bitter you sound towards women.  Or maybe mom didn't breastfeed you.

<shrugs>  Look!  A Kitten!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YMMV.

Gee, Merrell, I pay MY EX every other week.  And I'm not that bitter.  Much.

It's a handout either way (man or woman on the dole - child support is of course a different matter)

the more I hear from you, the more bitter you sound towards women.  Or maybe mom didn't breastfeed you.

<shrugs>  Look!  A Kitten!

I love women, just don't put up with the foolishness that comes along with some of them.

as fer kittens, my new favourite (from Swindle's useful image thread

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:22:17 PM EDT
[#21]
If I have a breakup with someone who does me wrong I just pretend they dont exist anymore. I think thats what you need to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top