Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:11:31 AM EDT
Guy comes in here, a "sheltered" area, truly asking for advice.  Goes 2 or 3 pages with some good advice and an avenue to talk, then starts getting pooped on,REPEATEDLEY ASKS FOR NO POSTING OF NEGATIVE COMMENTS, requests go un-noticed and asks for his thread to be locked.

hmmmmmmm.......Just wondering here, but had the womens forum been excluded from active topics, how different would this have turned out?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:32:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Whats a "Sheltered Area" ????
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Guy comes in here, a "sheltered" area, truly asking for advice.  Goes 2 or 3 pages with some good advice and an avenue to talk, then starts getting pooped on,REPEATEDLEY ASKS FOR NO POSTING OF NEGATIVE COMMENTS, requests go un-noticed and asks for his thread to be locked.

hmmmmmmm.......Just wondering here, but had the womens forum been excluded from active topics, how different would this have turned out?

Hmm....

can?

worms?

got an opener?

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
What Daisy said. Good luck on changing that. I don't see it happening and most guys ingnore the before posting in the Womens Forum thread.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:25:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The poop flingers will find it anyway.
Seems to be their mission in life.

Run out of crap fights in GD? Troll the other forums and start a new fight!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sheltered area?

Since when?

And why?

These ladies can take care of themselves.  They have special treatment by having their own forum, why should they get special treatment by being removed from Active topics?

That's just stupid.

Sgatr15

PS  ANd no I dont care that women have their own forum, although it is discrimination and insulting to the women.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PS  ANd no I dont care that women have their own forum, although it is discrimination and insulting to the women.

I don't think so.  I rather enjoy having a place to go where the wimmenz can talk about things that most of the guys don't care too much about, like recipes and other girlie stuff.  Granted, there are a lot of fellows that come in here (which we don't mind, mostly), but for the most part it's women, and we like it.

True, but as a result of this forum ladyies like you and others now post less in GD.

And I miss that.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

like recipes and other girlie stuff.  

You can always IM DoubleFeed for that stuff.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:41:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The poop flingers will find it anyway.
Seems to be their mission in life.

Run out of crap fights in GD? Troll the other forums and start a new fight!

+1

cj said over and over hes not suffering--why bring it back up?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so.  I rather enjoy having a place to go where the wimmenz can talk about things that most of the guys don't care too much about, like recipes and other girlie stuff.  Granted, there are a lot of fellows that come in here (which we don't mind, mostly), but for the most part it's women, and we like it.

True, but as a result of this forum ladyies like you and others now post less in GD.

And I miss that.

I don't think that's the reason some ladies avoid posting in GD
Daisy?
Pass that can and opener please!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:47:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I miss that.

I don't think that's the reason some ladies avoid posting in GD
Daisy?
Pass that can and opener please!

Damn straight. I still post in GD alot, but I enjoy posting here alot more.  I find the atmostphere much more conducive to REAL conversation, and not just a bunch of chest thumpings, postulating, poo flinging, and my story can top your story posts.

And it's not because this is a sheltered area, it's because there's alot more respect AMONG the people who post in here continuously.  We don't obey the rules BECAUSE They're rules, we obey the rules because we respect and like each other.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

... we obey the rules because we respect and like each other.

You state that in this thread about a post gone bad?

Seems contradictory.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems contradictory.

SGat1r5

I said "those who post continuously" in the women's forum do.  Those that F'd up CM Johnson's thread weren't regular faces in here.

And 10 to 1 they wouldn't have found their way in here if the thread wasn't in active topics.  How many posters in that thread didn't realize they were in the women's forum?

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
And 10 to 1 they wouldn't have found their way in here if the thread wasn't in active topics.  How many posters in that thread didn't realize they were in the women's forum?

That's a big +1

One minute I am happily posting away in an idyllic pre-19th amendment paradise, and the next thing ya know I am sucked into a Pampered Chef/Lifetime/Oprah-esque vortex, where emotion rules the day and logic is left to wither on the vine...

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]
let me get this straight.

You already have a woman forum so you have your own place to go.  Now you are suggesting it be removed from "My active topics".

Yet you still don't thing you get treated "special" or that this forum isn't decrimitory?

Well, I don't see no Mexican forum.

Or any Mens foirum

or not even a Black man's forum.

yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, GD is the men's forum you say.  Well, if that is true then rename it that.

Now, as I said before I got no real problem with this forum, but get tired of women demanding equal rights and then in the next breath they ask to be treated differantly.

Make up your mind.

Sgat1`r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:10:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
let me get this straight.

You already have a woman forum so you have your own place to go.  Now you are suggesting it be removed from "My active topics".

Yet you still don't thing you get treated "special" or that this forum isn't decrimitory?

Well, I don't see no Mexican forum.

Or any Mens foirum

or not even a Black man's forum.

yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, GD is the men's forum you say.  Well, if that is true then rename it that.

Now, as I said before I got no real problem with this forum, but get tired of women demanding equal rights and then in the next breath they ask to be treated differantly.

Make up your mind.

Sgat1`r5

We've been over this, and over this.  It was voted on, and it was decided it should remain in Active Topics.  I personally voted it be removed, but majority rules..such is a democratic society.  

We ALL KNOW your opinion on this, no need to rehash it, right?

If you remember, I personally thought that the men SHOULD have their own forum, and THAT be removed from Active Topics as well.

Equal treatment.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a big +1

One minute I am happily posting away in an idyllic pre-19th amendment paradise, and the next thing ya know I am sucked into a Pampered Chef/Lifetime/Oprah-esque vortex, where emotion rules the day and logic is left to wither on the vine...

So you had to come back in to the forum you apparently don't like to let us all know that?

You know, I hate to point out the overly obvious here, but the top (and bottom actually) of each thread states in plain english what forum it's on.
Perhaps reading would help?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If you remember, I personally thought that the men SHOULD have their own forum, and THAT be removed from Active Topics as well.

Equal treatment.

No I don't remember that but appreciate your fairness.

I think we should all be together instead of seperating ourselves.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Equal treatment.

No I don't remember that but appreciate your fairness.

I think we should all be together instead of seperating ourselves.

Sgat1r5

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.mydivadesigns.com/deadhorse.jpg

Sorry.  Had to.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.mydivadesigns.com/deadhorse.jpg

Sorry.  Had to.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

how many times do I have to tell you to swallow?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Excuse me. I'm looking for the "17th Century Barrel Making Techniques Forum". Can anyone direct me there?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Excuse me. I'm looking for the "17th Century Barrel Making Techniques Forum". Can anyone direct me there?

Can I come with you???????????????
PLEASE????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a big +1

So you had to come back in to the forum you apparently don't like to let us all know that?

You know, I hate to point out the overly obvious here, but the top (and bottom actually) of each thread states in plain english what forum it's on.

It is my civic duty to spread warmth and wisdom wherever the four arrow keys carry me.

Selfless? Unabashedly altruistic? Yes.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a big +1

It is my civic duty to spread warmth and wisdom wherever the four arrow keys carry me.

TROLL???   Possibly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Originally Posted by a Good Samaratin just doing a good deed...
That's a big +1

TROLL???   Possibly.

Women in this forum =

Moderators >>> <<< Poor, innocent, misunderstood guys
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a big +1

TROLL???   Possibly.

Women in this forum = www.endevil.com/images/bluesbrothers2.jpg

Moderators >>> www.dvdtown.com/media/screenshots/small/148.jpg <<< Poor, innocent, misunderstood guys

Think you're misunderstood here?   BWAHAHAHAHAAAH.

What was it Gabby said on Friday?

Oh yeah.

There's the door. ----------->

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I come with you???????????????
PLEASE????????????????????????????

*Extends hand...

Of course M'Lady. It shall be my pleasure to have you accompany me. 'Tis a wonderful thing indeed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a big +1

TROLL???   Possibly.

Women in this forum = www.endevil.com/images/bluesbrothers2.jpg

Moderators >>> www.dvdtown.com/media/screenshots/small/148.jpg <<< Poor, innocent, misunderstood guys

Nice red Xs, dear.

You see them too??   I thought it was just me.  And here I was walking around with a tin foil hat all day.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice red Xs, dear.

You see them too??   I thought it was just me.  And here I was walking around with a tin foil hat all day.  

I heard Merrell's a schoolteacher...it's all red X's from him!
Merrell...grade on the curve!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Sgt....stand down,  these women dont have a fight with you, so quit acting like they do.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

ARFCOM with training wheels.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARFCOM with training wheels.

Do they come in pink? <insert girlie giggle>
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Nice red Xs, dear.

opps, my bad. Try this link instead.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Sgt....stand down,  these women dont have a fight with you, so quit acting like they do.

I think you mis-understand Lumpy.  I truly have no problem with the ladies here, or there forum.

I just think it is slightly seperative of us to do so.

But if you believe I am out of line then I will do as you say.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems contradictory.

SGat1r5

I said "those who post continuously" in the women's forum do.  Those that F'd up CM Johnson's thread weren't regular faces in here.

+1 on Daisywench's comment.  Didnt mean to shoot and run, but been busy in the office all morn.  I did not mean to start a shitstorm in here (as it appears to be taking on that form) my whole point was I fealt sorry for the guy, he posts in the womens forum looking for some specific advice from the ladies and the thread got mucked up.  Thats what I was referring to as the "sheltered area."  Christ, I dont blame him.  Although I wouldnt put it past them, most of the ladies in here wouldnt come out and say "dump the bitch, she screwing someone else" . They might mean it, but wouldnt put it that way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Coming late to this topic...

I asked for that thread to be locked, and then removed,  because it simply had outlived its usefulness.

And the situation changed to the point that all previously given and asked for advice became
completely and totally irrelevant anyway.

ONE of the women here knows the FULL story.  And that's enough for me.

Listen up, people:   I like visiting this forum on occasion because it seems to me that in any
discussions relating to women,  only the women can discuss the matter rationally.    When men
start getting into it,  it's only a matter of time (and a short time at that) before they start trying
to turn the topic into their own private little "I hate women or at least think they should be barefoot,
pregnant, and in the kitchen" topic.

If I ask a woman-related question here,  I can expect that the women, at least,  will give me
a straight answer in response to my question.     Sooner or later some guy will try to muck up
the works with some irrelevancy or attack or slur on myself or the women here,   but those
men can be ignored with a little effort.

Personally,  I'd like to see the women shooter's forum moderator(s) be given staff level
privileges and permitted to BAN troublemakers from this forum.

That, or allow men access to this forum by request and authorization only,  revokable by
any moderator of this forum.

CJ

Now that might be going a bit far.
When's the last time any of us guys were "invited" to the women's forum?
But some of us know how to mind our manners and give the forum and the ladies their due respect.

Besides, I'm sure the ladies have some place of their own in the expansive world of the internet to talk amongst themselves about things they don't want us to hear.

They are after all women. Even if they are the cream of the crop, they're still going to talk out of the earshot of men. It's as inevitable as the sun rising in the east.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:16:06 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Coming late to this topic...

I asked for that thread to be locked, and then removed,  because it simply had outlived its usefulness.

And the situation changed to the point that all previously given and asked for advice became
completely and totally irrelevant anyway.

ONE of the women here knows the FULL story.  And that's enough for me.

Listen up, people:   I like visiting this forum on occasion because it seems to me that in any
discussions relating to women,  only the women can discuss the matter rationally.    When men
start getting into it,  it's only a matter of time (and a short time at that) before they start trying
to turn the topic into their own private little "I hate women or at least think they should be barefoot,
pregnant, and in the kitchen" topic.

If I ask a woman-related question here,  I can expect that the women, at least,  will give me
a straight answer in response to my question.     Sooner or later some guy will try to muck up
the works with some irrelevancy or attack or slur on myself or the women here,   but those
men can be ignored with a little effort.

Personally,  I'd like to see the women shooter's forum moderator(s) be given staff level
privileges and permitted to BAN troublemakers from this forum.

That, or allow men access to this forum by request and authorization only,  revokable by
any moderator of this forum.

CJ

Now that might be going a bit far.
When's the last time any of us guys were "invited" to the women's forum?
But some of us know how to mind our manners and give the forum and the ladies their due respect.

Besides, I'm sure the ladies have some place of their own in the expansive world of the internet to talk amongst themselves about things they don't want us to hear.

They are after all women. Even if they are the cream of the crop, they're still going to talk out of the earshot of men. It's as inevitable as the sun rising in the east.

<evil laugh> BUWAHAHAHAHAHAH.  We'll NEVER TELL!!!!!  BUWAHAHAHAHAH.

oh!  Look!  A Kitten!  <leaps away>
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:27:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top