Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2005 5:33:35 PM EDT
I'm in ohio and my girlfriend just took a introduction to handguns taught by women at Portage Summit Field and Stream.  the range is in Portage County Ohio, a bit out of the way, but boy oh boy was she fired up when she came home.  The course uses .38 special revolvers which they provide (I don't have to clean mine then) and 60 rounds of ammo.

They covered storage and safe handleing, shooting, holding a person at gun point, did some shoot, no-shoot drills and dealt with dealing with the police following a self-defense shooting.  She wants to get her CCW and plans to take her girl friends back for a class.

This is too cool, cause now I don't have to go shooting by myself.  contact [email protected]  if you want more information.  After trying for two years to get her to shoot, who knew all it took was ladies day at the range.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! It's great to see a man that enjoys having his woman involved. Glad she took the bait...er, I mean, had a great day at the range
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Congrats! It's great to see a man that enjoys having his woman involved. Glad she took the bait...er, I mean, had a great day at the range

+1  Patty
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+2  LOL that's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
No bait folks.  Don't you want the person you're with to be everythink they can?  To be someone who has the knowledge, the skills and is covering your back when things suddenly end down hill?  I do and so does she.  

There are people out in the world who don't know you, don't care about you and if it appears to be in their best interest will hurt you.  if they can.  If you let them.  Don't let them
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
OK new guy.....you're alright in my book.  Good philosophy.  (see my sigline)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No bait folks.  Don't you want the person you're with to be everythink they can?  To be someone who has the knowledge, the skills and is covering your back when things suddenly end down hill?  I do and so does she.  

There are people out in the world who don't know you, don't care about you and if it appears to be in their best interest will hurt you.  if they can.  If you let them.  Don't let them

I'm really not sure how you interpreted

"Congrats! It's great to see a man that enjoys having his woman involved.
and the lite hearted comment at the end to imply that we don't want you or your wife to be everything you can or to become skilled and knowledgeable and to have each others back?  
Some of us here have first hand experience with how hostile the world is and some of the people on it (people we don't know and some that we do.) Please don't assume from a humorous comment that we are ignorant of taking responsibility for our safety. (That's why it says "Women Shooters" on the door)

Again, I would like to say "Congrats!" I'm very glad to hear your wife had a great time.  Maybe she should become a member and we can tell her that ourselves.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Yah...I didn't mean anything bad by it! It was called...joking around! I think it's great that your wife is involved and that you find that a wonderful thing. Seriously!

Thanks for the backup Green Ammo!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey I got your back, my sista!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top