Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2005 5:21:05 AM EDT
Well last night I took the 15 y/o girl shopping, we just needed a night out. So we go to the mall. All I can say is I taught my girl well. THis girl is frugal as frugal gets! We go into many different stores, where does she head? Straight to the bargain racks. I wasn't even looking for anything and I ended up with a new outfit for $14.85 from L.S.Ayres. She got a few shirts, looked for some jeans but damn it's hard to buy jeans when your a size zero with long legs. (I feel her pain) I think all total we spent around $40 and came home with alot of loot!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, for girls at the mall, it could have been much worse I guess!

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Ooo she needs some Wranglers.  Size 0 length 36.  Easy to find.

Malls make me dizzy (I get light headed in crowds of people...) so I try to avoid them.  But even *I* know that $40 AND a pile of clothes... you did somethin' right!

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:34:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is a deal I got the other day. I am getting ready to umpire baseball and needed to get some pants. At the sporting goods store they were around 50 bucks, however I went to Value City and got a pair, not by the same company, but made identical, with identical material for only $1.50, yes your read right, a dollar fiffty. It is amazing what you can get on sale sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Something doesn't add up...
TWO women go shopping at a mall and only spend $40.00?

I'm sorry, but I gotta call on this!

ETA...my wife does the same. She found some Land's End shirts at Sears...normally 30.00 clearanced down to 5.00 and 4.00.
Now I am sporting a new shirt almost daily.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I got great deals at the mall on Monday too.    I bought a suede jacket for me for $50 (originally $200), a leather jacket for afplayboy for $32 (originally $140), a fossil watch for $40 (originally $55), a pair of jeans for $20 and a pair of slacks for work for $25.

ETA:  I spent a lot of money...but saved a lot too.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got great deals at the mall on Monday too.    I bought a suede jacket for me for $50 (originally $200), a leather jacket for afplayboy for $32 (originally $140), a fossil watch for $40 (originally $55), a pair of jeans for $20 and a pair of slacks for work for $25.

But the real question was did you really need any of it?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Something doesn't add up...
TWO women go shopping at a mall and only spend $40.00?

I'm sorry, but I gotta call on this!

ETA...my wife does the same. She found some Land's End shirts at Sears...normally 30.00 clearanced down to 5.00 and 4.00.
Now I am sporting a new shirt almost daily.

Kinda what I thought too If I hadnt been with them I woulda called bullshit too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But the real question was did you really need any of it?

As a matter of fact, I needed everything but the jackets.  I originally just went in the store to look around.  Then found a jacket that I fell in love with.  Then Afplayboy found one he really liked (and he's been wanting one for some time now, so I decided to get it for hime.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi, first time in here lol  

I seen this on the local news here the other night and thought to post a thread about it, but seems appropiate here ... its a website designed by a mom to save money on various items... I'm not associated with it by any means... just a fyi   www.mommysavers.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top